7/6/2012

1VS {10 Member Co-Ed Group} [YG, SM, JYP Auditions Closed]

Eun Suk’s POV

Is he okay?

After Myungsoo had collapsed yesterday during the photo shoot, I’d never heard about how he was doing…

He was probably just over-exhausted from the amount of work he had to do… He’ll be fine with a bit of rest…

Right?

I want to go see him…

But it’d be so awkward… he doesn’t even know my name…

“Hellloooo…? Eun Suk, you here?”, Soo Ri said, waving her hand in front of my face.  

“Huh?”, I said, startled. I’d been thinking so hard I’d totally spaced out…

I was sitting in makeup, getting my hair in loose waves for the fansign at 11am today.

“Practiced your signature? I practiced mine allll night”, Jae Sun remarked, and air-signed to show off his speed and skill.

“What are we supposed to write next to our sign? I mean, just saying ‘thanks’ and ‘continue to support us’ sounds way too generic”, Gongchan said from his makeup chair.

“I know, right?”, Kyuhyun replied, “They deserve more, especially for those who stand for hours in line to see us… Imagine how tiring that is…”

Tiring… Myungsoo’s really tired right now…

“Eun Suk-sshi, your hair is done”, my hair dresser said, parting my hair one last time and letting my hair fall over my shoulders.

“Thanks, it looks amazing”, I told her, and hopped off the chair so that Soori could get her hair styled.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp whap on my shoulder.

“Ow”, I winced and turned to see Chan Hee looking at me, her eyebrow raised.

“What?”, I protested, rubbing my shoulder to get rid of the pain.

“You keep spazzing out! Stop it! Focus!”, Chan Hee scolded me.

I groaned inside. Always nagging at me, stop this, do that!

“Okay, okay”, I said, biting my cheek to keep from insulting her.  

Chan Hee sighed disapprovingly before she headed to her own makeup chair.

“Here”, someone said, and a Rubik’s Cube was into my face.

I looked up to see Sky offering me an oddly familiarly Rubik’s Cube.

“You look stressed”, Sky said, taking a seat next to me on the couch.

I tried to shrug nonchalantly as I casually replied, “Just anxious about a few things…”

“Well-“, Sky started to say but we were cut off by a loud “pssst!”  

The both of us looked to see Jae Sun beckoning to us, and placing a finger on his lips to shush us.

Sky and I glanced at each other in surprise… Why does Jae Sun need to be so secretive?

We quietly made our way to Jae Sun, who grabbed us both with his long arms and dragged us further down the hallway.

“Jae Sun… what is going on?”, I asked him, wrenching my arm away. Ow… my wrist… I am not going to be dragged around any longer.

But Jae Sun totally disregarded me and instead turned to Sky, “Sky, it’s not true, okay? Krystal doesn’t really like you, she likes Kyu hyung. She’s trying to make him jealous and get his attention, so she’s using you. On her behalf, I’m sorry, but… well… I hope you can understand.”

What!? What is going on? Jae Sun’s sister, Krystal, confessed to get to Kyuhyun…through Sky? Why? Because she wants him to notice her?

“What. The. Hell.”, slipped out of my mouth. I didn’t even really mean to say it, but the whole thing was so effed up. What kind of a does that kind of low, cheating crap? Doesn’t she know it’s going to make things extremely awkward between Kyuhyun and Sky?

“Sorry, Eun Suk noona, I didn’t mean to get you involved… but you were with Sky and I needed to tell Sky as soon as I could… so he doesn’t get too confused…”, Jae Sun told me, apologetically.

Sky opened his mouth to say something, but I completely cut him off, “And you’re letting your sister do this kind of immature crap? When it might hurt some of our members?”

I felt Sky’s hand close around my wrist and he said, “It’s fine. Making it a big deal and putting the blame on someone else is just going to make it worse. All right, I got it. Thanks for telling me, Jae Sun. It probably wasn’t an easy thing to tell me your sister would do something like that…”

Look who’s acting all honorable and forgiving…I thought, but I held my tongue until Sky was finished.  

“Does Kyuhyun know?”, I asked Jae Sun, “Isn’t he the first person who should know this?”

“I… want to give my sister a chance to fix her mistake first. I want her to have the opportunity to tell Kyuhyun what was going on herself…”, Jae Sun replied, not looking at me. He’s ashamed… but he doesn’t want to make his sister look bad in front of Kyuhyun.

“You really treasure your sister, huh…?”, I said, slightly amazed. Jae Sun’s… a really kind person, and even more of a loyal brother.

“Isn’t that what it means to be family? To accept each other’s faults and shortcomings when others can’t?”, Jae Sun asked, smiling gently. He patted Sky on the back, apologized once again, and then left the hallway.

Is that what family is? Unconditional acceptance?  I thought of my own ex-family and scoffed at myself. Like I would know…   

I felt a sudden loss of warmth on my wrist and I heard a sigh.

I looked up at Sky and we had a rather awkward moment of eye contact, but Sky was quick to turn away and started to leave.

Wait-! Don’t leave right now.

Without really thinking, I grabbed onto the back of his jacket.

Sky held still, but I could sense his hesitance and confusion.

Wait… wait… just don’t… leave me all by myself. I’m not strong enough to… to be by myself.

“I’m pathetic, right?”, I asked, trying to hold in tears, “I don’t even know how to be mature… or how to forgive… or accept…”

What are you saying? You want to make your relationship with other members even more awkward than they already are?

I couldn’t see his facial expression, but I heard Sky’s calm reply word-for-word.

“The fact that you have accepted your immaturity means you have given yourself an opportunity to be less pathetic.”

I stood there for a moment, trying to digest what he had told me…

“Eun Suk?”, Sky asked, waking me from my moment of enlightenment.

“Yeah?”

“Let go of my jacket, please. You’re wrinkling it.”

 

Soori’s POV

Dressed in a cute pink-and-white striped cardigan and wearing a white beanie with a side braid and with three Sharpies on the table next to my bottle of water, I waited in anticipation for the fansign/fanmeet to begin. I’d been so concerned that there would be no line and we’d all just have to sit it embarrassment for a long time, but now, watching the ever-growing line outside stretch for what seemed like infinity, I started to feel nervous for other reasons.

What if I’m not as pretty without stage makeup? What if people are disappointed when they see me live? What if I spell someone’s name wrong? And what if my line is empty and everyone’s else is full?

“Soori…? Soori!”

“Huh?”

I looked at Soo Ri, who was waving her hand in my face. “Wake up, and smile! The line’s going to open in one minute!”

“Right”, I said, slapping myself lightly to wake myself up.

“And- OPEN THE LINE!”, our manager called out.

A split second later, we saw a long line of people divide into ten different lanes. We were set-up in this order: Gongchan, Jae Sun, Soori, Soo Ri, Chan Hee, JiHyun, Shim Jang, Kyuhyun, Sky, Eun Suk. It became extremely interesting to watch what kind of people went to who’s line.

Younger teen boys, shy girls, motherly girls, girly girls, and little kids seemed to find their way to Gongchan or Jae Sun’s line.

Slightly preppy college and teenage boys and girls, mostly confident “oppas” or “noonas” raced to Soo Ri’s, Sky’s, or Kyuhyun’s line.

A somewhat gangster and chill line of people were in Chan Hee’s line or Shim Jang’s- both girls and boys.  

Eun Suk had a lot of rocker-ish people, people who were really into music.

For some reason, my line and JiHyun’s, who had been well known as Shin before, had all sorts of people in our lines- boys, girls, toddlers, grandparents.

A grandmother warmly gave me a box of herbal tea and complimented my voice for being “truly angelic”. Weirdly enough, that comment made me feel so much warmer than when a tall, good-looking boy asked for my number.

Besides me, I could see Jae Sun’s sign- his name and a cute bunny drawn next to it. The bunny had puckered lips and next to those lips, Jae Sun had written: Chu!~~~ as though giving a kiss.

I laughed quietly to myself. Jae Sun oppa… no one knows about your rabbit! Everyone is going to think you are a total choding! But all of his fans seemed to absolutely love his sign.

“Unni~~~ you are so gorgeous! Will you please sign this poster to Hae Sung?” I looked down to see a young middle-school girl holding a poster of 1VS out to me. She was beaming at me, as though I was the best thing that had ever happened to her.

Awww… how adorable.

I signed neatly and drew a cute bow on her name Hae Sung, and wrote: Thank you always, for your warm regards and your kind support. Wonderful people like you are the wings that lift me to amazing places in the world- I will think of you and always, always do my best.

I gave her poster back to her and patted her head gently before the next person, a handsome college-aged boy, came up to me. He put a dozen roses in front of me and said shyly, “Um… Laiqa-sshi… you’re really perfect in every way… I love you and I hope you accept these roses!”

 Oh my goodness… how am I supposed to respond?  Blushing, I bowed and accepted the roses, hugging them in my arms.

I opened my mouth to thank him, but he dashed off, blushing.

I sat back in my chair, totally pushed off guard by my sudden admirer.

Soo Ri was also shocked by the boy’s sudden declaration of his feelings, although she’d now moved on to laughing at my indescribable expression.

But really… how am I supposed to respond when a stranger says he loves me? I mused over it as I continued to sign posters and CDs and magazines.

“To Junho, please.”

“Okay”, I said, and started to sign the magazine as usual.

It was only when I was writing the name- JUNHO!?

 Startled, I looked up suddenly- and there he was! A cap pulled low over his face in order to avoid attention… but I could see his handsome, gorgeous face from my angle.

It’s him! He came… to get my sign?

A playful and pleased smile was playing across his face as he registered my shock.

Wow, I was receiving all kinds of surprises today!

“Hey”, Junho said, grinning, tapping on his magazine, “I waited an hour and a half to get this sign, better make it good!”

I grinned and bent over the magazine to hide from view my message to him: Hey, babo [idiot]. You came here to get a sign from me empty-handed? I’ve already had five other boys give me roses and chocolates! If you want a nice sign, then treat me sometime! I drew a smiley with its tongue sticking out and wrote Meh-ronnngggg. XP I closed the magazine before I gave it back to him with a smile.

“How mean of a message did you write?”, Junho asked me, half-laughing, “To have to hide it before giving it back to me?”

I grinned and was about to reply cheekily when the manager came out and said, “Excuse me, this line needs to move, please.”

Junho nodded and motioned quietly that he’d call me later. I grinned and waved at him as he left.

Grinning like a fool, I was extremely enthusiastic on my next couple signs. I saw Jae Sun shoot me a suspicious look, and I struggled to control the smile spreading across my face.

He came to see me! Me!

“Well, you look awfully happy”, Jae Sun muttered to me in between fan signs.

I smiled brightly back and replied, “Well, I am.”  

“That was Junho, right?”, Jae Sun whispered to me.

I grinned girlishly to myself and nodded, bowing my head to hide my grin and my blush.

I swear Jae Sun drew an extremely irritated bunny on his next fan sign.

a/n: okay, so i received the suggestion to make longer povs, which i think is a great idea. =] tell me how it is!

love the sibling love jae sun has for his sisters. haha. irritated bunny because idol boys keep hitting on his sisters. <3

and i also received some AMAZING scene requests, which only makes writing that much more fun for me. so if you ever have scene requests, feel free to message.

 

ALSO- for the people who read this but are not one of the ten 1VS members (i don't know if anyone does...), if you want your character to have a cameo as a fellow musician, actress, or as a manager or a stylist, message me a  1)brief personality and 2) the name of your character. and of course, 3) what occupation you want. <3

wow, kimkyuhyun is right, it's almost the 50th chapter! :O

cheers!