4/6/2012

1VS {10 Member Co-Ed Group} [YG, SM, JYP Auditions Closed]

The girls all eyed each other for one brief moment before slamming their hands down.

Chan Hee had rock.

Lee Soo Ri had rock.

Eun Suk had rock.

Jung Soori had rock.

And… Shim Jang had scissors.

XD

“You’re really going to risk putting your main dancer on the couch? What if I get a back problem?”, Shim Jang appealed to them, with puppy dog eyes.

“Sorry, darling. We agreed to stick with the results”, Eun Suk said.

Shim Jang just shrugged, and then with a running start, flung herself onto the couch.

It was much poofier than she expected, and she was fairly pleased with it.

She wouldn’t have to deal with snoring or anything, now, she thought.

“So, how do we decide gets to room with who?”, Lee Soo Ri asked.

“Rock, paper, scissors. But whoever has matching hands are roommates”, Jung Soori proposed.

“Sure”, Chan Hee agreed.

“One, two, three”, Eun Suk counted.

They all slammed their hands down again.

Lee Soo Ri and Jung Soori both had rock.

Chan Hee and Eun Suk both had scissors.

“Well, damn, guess I’m rooming with you”, Eun Suk said mildly, looking at Chan Hee.

Chan Hee just rolled her eyes before grabbing her stuff and heading off to the first bedroom.

Soo Ri and Soori were secretly pleased with the results, although neither of them said anything about it. They quietly grabbed their belongings and entered the second bedroom.

Shim Jang started to unpack her stuff; there was a dresser with a few drawers on the other side of the room. She picked her clothes and deposited them into one drawer, idly wondering what was going on in the boys’ dorm. 

 

“ONE. TWO. THREE!”

Slam!

Jaesun, Kyuhyun, and Gongchan had rock, JiHyun had paper, and Skyler had scissors.

“Again!”

Slam!

Everyone had rock, except for JiHyun, who had paper.

“All right!”, he pumped his fist enthusiastically. He’d beaten everyone, so he was exempt from the couch.

“That’s not right! The Leader should be mature and take the couch”, Kyuhyun muttered to himself.

“What’s that?”, JiHyun said to Kyuhyun.

“Nothing”, Kyuhyun said, avoiding eye contact.

“Okay, then, let’s play for the couch. Just me and you. If you beat me, I will take the couch.”, JiHyun said. “This way, we are the mature ones, since we’re letting everyone else off.”

“You hear that?”, JiHyun pointed to JaeSun, Gongchan, and Skyler, “Kyuhyun and I are being nice today!” 

Before Kyuhyun could protest, JiHyun shouted, “ONE, TWO, THREE!” , and Kyuhyun found himself instinctively slamming down his fist.

Kyuhyun had paper; JiHyun had scissors.

Kyuhyun stared at his hand in disbelief, but JiHyun was patting him on the back, thanking him.

Then all four of them were gone, and Kyuhyun was left to turn around and confront the couch.

Skyler headed towards the second bedroom, taking his stuff with him as he went.

Without any particular reason, Jasesun followed Skyler, looking around with interest as he went.

Meanwhile, JiHyun and Gongchan had also unconsciously paired up and were setting up their things in the first bedroom.

They didn’t really care who roomed with who, as long as they didn’t have to sleep on the couch.

 

(Jung Soori is Soori without a space and capital R.

Lee Soo Ri is Soo Ri with a space and capital R.

They’ll have stage names and nicknames later.)

 

Soori set up her things for about five minutes before she just threw everything on her bed and announced, “Let’s have a party!”

“Party?”, Shim Jang said, entering the room, eating cake.

“Make sure that doesn’t get on the floor, please”, Soo Ri said, neatly folding her shirts before putting them in the dresser, and then stacking her books next to her bed.

“You’re really neat, aren’t you?”, Soori asked her, looking slightly amazed.

“I try to be”, Soo Ri answered quietly.

“Anyways, you were saying, a party? Why? What for?”, Shim Jang asked Soori.

“Well, midterms are over, so we have a week of break from school, and to celebrate our new group”, Soori answered.

“We could call the boys over”, Shim Jang said.        

 “Wouldn’t that be awkward? We hardly know each other”, Soo Ri answered.

“Well, exactly. That’s why we’d have the party”, Soori pointed out.

Before any could say anything else, all three of them heard yelling from the other room.

“Are they fighting already?”, Soo Ri asked.

“Probably”, Shim Jang said. Shim Jang crawled into Soori’s bed.

“Hey”, Soori said, “What are you doing in my bed?”

“I’ll stay here just until they stop fighting. It’s just so loud in the living room.”, Shim Jang answered before she disappeared under the covers.

“Shouldn’t we go see what’s up?”, Soo Ri said, “They are our members, after all…”

“Yeah, but how are we supposed to help them figure things out when we don’t know them?”, Soori said, “In the end, we’re just five strangers who know nothing about each other.”

Silence hit them as they realized how true this was.

 

Jaesun was bored. He’d finish putting all his stuff away (aka dumped it into random drawers) and now he was very bored. He hadn’t had a day off in ages. He looked over at his roommate, Skyler, who’d neatly folded and organized everything before climbing into his bed and plugging in his headphones.

Jaesun felt a little lonely… he was so used to the air being filled with words; his older sisters and his younger sister never really shut up. He wanted to talk, to hear another human being’s voice. Maybe Skyler was just lonely too… that must be it.

So, without asking, Jaesun clambered onto Skyler’s bed next to him, dragging his backpack with him. His backpack was crammed with sweets and other things, and he always carried it around.

Skyler was intensely shocked by this sudden physical closeness, and at a loss for words, stared at the younger boy with wide, surprised eyes.

“Um…”, Jaesun said, unexpectedly feeling the awkwardness between them. “Um…”

Skyler just stared, not quite understanding why Jaesun was right beside him, on his bed, when they didn’t know each other.

“Um…”, Jaesun continued, and then he suddenly  reached into his backpack and whipped out an adorable  plush bunny and said loudly, “This is my bunny, Chu!”

Skyler was now close to being traumatized. Nothing like this had ever happened to him in his life.  Strangers don’t pounce on your bed without warning, whip out cute bunnies (especially when they’re guys), and introduce them as Chu.

“Great”, was the only thing Skyler managed to choke out.

Jaesun beamed, as if that was the kindest reply he’d ever heard.

“Would you like to hold him?”, Jaesun asked, and without waiting for a response, shoved Chu onto Skyler’s lap. “Oh, I’m Jaesun”, he added.

“Skyler”, Skyler said, gingerly looking down at the plush bunny that had been shoved onto his lap.

The two of them sat there like that, awkward, but not quite as awkward as before.  

Party or no? ^^