1.1: Start!~

1VS {10 Member Co-Ed Group} [YG, SM, JYP Auditions Closed]

Skyler climbed out of the car, slinging his sports bag and backpack over his shoulder. He entered the SM building, a place he’d never been before. He checked what room it was: Floor 11, Room 203. Skyler clucked his tongue in annoyance; he’d never had a particular taste for heights. But he obediently signaled for the elevator, waiting patiently. As he was waiting, an overly sweet scent hit him. His nose wrinkled in distaste; it smelled like orange blossoms. He turned to look for where it was coming from, but it wasn’t too hard to find.

            There was girl right next to him, with long black hair, dressed in a loose leather jacket and a red skirt. Skyler found her perfume extremely annoying, but didn’t say anything as they both entered the elevator. It was just the two of them. As the elevator began to climb, Skyler noticed a slightly smoky smell. He turned to ask the girl whether she noticed it too, and whether they should get off, but he recognized her expression as one of very slight embarrassment. And he understood exactly why she’d worn so much perfume, as well as what smelled like smoke. It was her. She smelled like cigarette smoke.

            As soon as the elevator doors opened, Skyler was out, desiring nothing more than a breath of fresh air. But the view shocked the crap out of him. The wall was nothing but a clear window, displaying the grand sight of Seoul- from eleven stories high. The last thing he wanted was to get closer to the window- but that’s exactly what happened. His shock had caused him to stop in his steps, and consequently, Eun Suk had unexpectedly slammed into him, forcing him forward. His face met the perfectly spotless window.

            “Omo! Are you okay?”, Eun Suk tried to help him up, but Skyler ignored her. He wasn’t mad at her, but he was annoyed with the entire situation. He just wanted to pass this scene of his life. NG [No good], he thought to himself. He picked his things off the floor and continued to search for Room 203. He heard the girl follow behind him. Can I help you with something, he thought of asking her, irritated that he could still smell her perfume, but he ultimately didn’t. He just focused on getting to his own destination.

            But when he opened the door to Room 203, to his surprise, the girl followed him inside.

He clamped his mouth shut, but he was praying that their relationship wasn’t that of member-member. He quietly followed her into the room.

            There was mass of people already there: Skyler recognized the Jung family grouped together on one side of the table, a very tall girl with two boys from Exo, who Skyler recognized as Chanyeol and Luhan, on the other side, and two tall, athletic boys were chatting playfully at the far end of the table. The girl who had taken the elevator with him positioned herself against the wall, away from the others. Skyler also leaned against the wall, dropping his bags on the floor, but he picked a spot far from the girl, who still smelled of orange blossoms and smoke. He needed some fresh air to clear his mind.

            The door opened a few minutes later, a girl with a loose-fitting sky blue top and a dark blue skirt walked in, with a black purse and a Mickey Mouse suitcase and a younger girl wearing a red sweatshirt and absentmindedly drinking bubble tea walked in.

            Both girls sat at the table next to the girl who I’d met at the elevator.

            Another minute of near-silence passed, until the younger girl in the red sweatshirt piped up, “Why’s it smell like smoke in here?”

            “What? Is something burning?”, Jessica said, already starting to freak out.

            The girl who was responsible for the scent just sighed. “Some people do bad things, okay? Let’s just get over this”, she said, slouching against the wall.

            “Yeah, but it’s disgusting”, the tall girl said bluntly, standing in-between the two Exo boys.

            Before the other girl could respond, the boy opened and four people walked in. The three Presidents, and a smiling boy, who I vaguely remembered from television… What was his name?

            “All right, is everyone here?”, the SM President asked.

            The smiling boy came to stand next to me. His light scent of soap was refreshing; I almost had to resist scooching closer.  

            “Let’s introduce ourselves”, the JYP President, and then glanced pointedly at the boy next to me.

            “Oh right”, he said, pushing himself off the wall. He bowed formally. “Hello. My name is Kim JiHyun. I’m the leader of Chrome, and a member of Universe. Nice to meet you.”

            Oh, he was Kim JiHyun. No wonder he was so familiar. His acoustic covers always had people screaming for more. Then, I realized everyone was looking at me.

            Oh.

            “Oh. I’m Skyler. Um... I’m also a member of Chrome, and consequently, Universe. Nice to meet you.”

            “I’m Eun Suk”, the arrogant girl who smelled like smoke said. Her lips curved into a smirk. “Guess I’m a member of Epik Love and Universe. Nice to meet you all.”

            “I’m Shim Jang, a member of Epik Love and Universe. I’m very glad to meet everyone.”, the girl with the bubble tea chirped. She must be very young, I thought. 

            “Lee Soo Ri. Nice to meet you.”, the girl wearing blue said, in a quiet voice. Despite her quietness, she was rather charismatic and a bit mysterious…

            “Park Chan-Hee”, the girl with the Exo boys said, cutting short my pondering of Lee Soo Ri. Sheesh, this girl was so fiery. I couldn’t tell who was the bigger bully here, Chan-Hee or Eun Suk. Although Eun Suk was a bit… er… irritating?  “I’m the leader of Epik Love. Nice to meet everyone.”, Chan Hee added. 

            “Hello, Im Gongchan.”, one of the boys at the end said, with a smile. Cute kid, but freaking tall. He couldn’t be more than 18, but he was about as tall as I was.

            “Kyuhyun”, the other boy said, simply. And that was his entire introduction. But I noticed one of the Jung sisters swivel her head towards him. It was Krystal. I watched as they made eye contact, and Kyuhyun smiled warmly at her.

            “Jung Jaesun. It’s nice to meet you”, the boy surrounded by the Jung sisters said. It’s a wonder he wasn’t smothered with girliness…

            “Jung Soo Ri”, the youngest Jung said. Her eyes flickered over to the other  “Soo Ri” on the other side of the table. They exchanged a slight, embarrassed grin.

            “Well, there you go. This is Universe, the ultimate collaboration of SM, YG, and JYP. Know what that means? You’ve got a hell of a reputation to live up to”, the SM President said.

            “We’ve found mentors for you, but we also need all of your efforts. We set up a schedule for you guys. Brace yourself…”, the YG President said. He passed out copies of the schedule to all of us and then read it aloud. I tuned him out and looked it over myself. It said: 

            5am to 6am: Get Dressed and Ready for Training

            6am to 7am: Running and Yoga

            7am to 12pm: Individual Lessons

            12pm to 1pm: Lunch

            1pm to 4pm: Language/ Music Composition Classes

            4pm to 7pm: Group Dance

            7pm to 8pm: Dinner

            8pm to 11pm: Group Vocals

            11pm to 12pm: Recap

12pm-1am: Hour Break

1am: Lights Out

             

My eyes felt tired just from reading it, but on the other hand, we had been given fair warning when the SM President had called us the “ultimate collaboration”. We could only be the best.

            “This is your schedule until we learn more about what you need individually. Any questions?”, the JYP President asked.

            If he’d waited five minutes to ask us, the room would have been filled with complaints, I’m sure. But right now, everyone was wearing the same expression  I was, although I have to admit, I looked a right sight calmer than most of them.

            As it was, silence filled the room.

            “Good. Take the cars to your dorms then. Boys in one, and girls in the other. The dorms are separate, but also fairly close. Oh, and let me tell you, don’t expect anything glamorous. You’re trainees still.”

            There was another moment of awed and awkward silence, then JiHyun sprung up and clapped his hands together. “Okay, let’s get to! Chop, chop!”

            Unsure of whether to be happy or depressed, I slung my bags over my shoulder and followed him out.

 

            “Hey, wait, I’ve got a question”, Chan Hee said, approximately five minutes into the car ride.

            “Yes?”, our driver said.

            “When does this schedule start?”

            “Tomorrow.”

           

            When the girls entered the dorm room, they had to admit, they were slightly disappointed.  There was a modest living room with an open kitchen, two bathrooms, and two bedrooms. Two rooms had bunk beds…

            “That makes four beds…”, Shim Jang said brightly, “Where’s the…?”

            “Right there”, Chan Hee said sourly, pointing at the couch in the living room.

            All five girls eyed each other…

            “Rock, paper, scissors?”,  Jung Soo Ri suggested.

            All five girls nodded.

            “There’s no going back on your word”, Eun Suk added, rolling up her sleeve.

            Shim Jang put her bubble tea down.

           

            In the boy’s dorm, the exact same scenario was happening.

SO: ROCK, PAPER, OR SCISSORS?

Pick it five times!

Like this:

EXAMPLE:

1. Paper

2. Scissors

3. Paper

4. Rock

5. Scissors


Loser gets the couch, I’ll pair up winners!

I’ve already made up a random five for my characters, so I’m not cheating!

The story can’t move on until everyone’s private- messaged me the five and commented on my story, so get to! X]

 Picture is a universe in a jar! :D

Anyways, I'm really liking the characters right now. Lots of fun to write.

Also, remember, these are point of views. Just because one character thinks your character is stupid doesn't mean your character is stupid or that I think that way, so please understand that and don't get offended!