Something

Saving?

-Waking up in my own room again felt really weird. It's only been a few days since I last saw Zelo but I missed his presence. But that was not important right now. As I laid in bed I thought stings over. My mission was first priority. The mission I have was first to get my parents on my side, which they more or less should already be on except for the fact that we rarley talked as a family any longer. They also had to forgive me for more or less running away from home. This may be more complicated that I thought. 

I decided to go down to eat some breakfast. When I went down the huge stairs and into the dining room I noticed both of my parents sitting there, their breakfast still untouched. 

-Oh, good morning son, my mother said and smiled towards me, putting the newspaper down. 

-Good morning mom, dad.. I said and sat down. What's up?

-Your mom and I have discussed this for awhile now, acctually since you first disappeared, and we have come to the conclusion that you will ahve to attend school. 

-Wh...what?! I said, my eyes big. B..but I already finished school?

-Yes honey we know, my mom said very relaxed, but we also know what it takes to manage a company and since you said yesterday that you are prepared to take over we have to prepare you first. And it's all about contacts. Now, we already have contacs who are willing to help us, but not you. When you take over the company we must know that you are able to keep contact with all of our allies so that they don't betray you. 

-And.. what does that have to do with me going back to school?

-We... my dad started. Me and your mom realized that those years when you attended regular school was the years when you learned to make friends and to take care of them. We thought that those years were enough so.. that is why we decided you could be protected again and be homeschooled but seeing you running away from home and ruining your engagement have made us realize that you are not yet ready. 

-Mom.. dad.. there is something I ahve to admit. And you cannot deny this. I overheard you and this is the reason I ran away from home in the first place. 

I saw my parents go a little paler but I continued. 
-I know that you did something to Junhong to make him forget me and that has something to do with some kind of bad organization. And that that is the reason why I had to go back to homeschooling. I remember now that I refused to go to school when Junhong was not there, although I had believed you when you just said he moved. Furthermore, I also did not want to be a part of this, this scheming and this familys secrets and the downright lying and so I ran away from home. And truth to be told, I did not orginally have any plan of returning. 

My parents looked at me, with a mixture of shock and... amazement maybe? My dad was the first one to collect his thoughts. 

-Son, when you were suddently gone the night after we had discussed Junhong we realized that could have been the reason for why you left. However we never imagined that you would willingly leave this household. I mean, noth your mother and I realize there have been times we have neglected you but to this point...

My dad had lost a little of his composture, and my mom looked a little fragile, which I have never seen before. 

-Dad, the fact that you know you have been neglecting me should be enough for any kid to leave their home. Because if you knew, why did you not do anything?

-H, honey, my mom started. We tried... she stopped herself as she too realized she could not defend herself that way. Himchan, we thought you would speak up if you were not satisfied with how we treated you. You have always been such and expressive child and never afraid of standing up for yourself...

-Mom, it's not like I haven't tried but do you know how scary it has been for me. I always wanted to get your attention but you guys always told me "later" or "tomorrow" and never got back to me. This insecurity has always been with me regarding you, it is not something I could easily talk about. 

I looked at them, and for the first time they did not reject me or look away, saying they were busy. Instead, both my parents stood up and quickly walked towards me, and hugged me tightly. I just sat there, astonished. 

-Ehh, mom.. dad..?

-Himchan we are so sorry, my dad said. We never thought.. we.. you.. this..we are so so sooo sorry! 
-Yes, we never... all we wanted was for.. for you... sorry we are very sorry son! 

My cold, sternfaced parents with polished pokerfaces now looked at me with tears in their eyes. I was honestly shocked. Without noticing it I felt tears run down my cheeks as well. We stayed like this for awhile, and then we decided to continue the conversation in the living room, where we could all sit togheter, much closer, and clear this out. 

 

 

-Himchan.. there is something I have been.. well curious about since we started this talk, my dad said. 

-Yes?

-Well, do not take this the wrong way because your mom and I are very happy you are back but I have to know.. what made you come back? We were not yet able to find you and you said earlier you had no plans of comming back, and honestly the way we treated you I am doubtful that it is because you missed us. 

-W-well... I stuttered. You have to be on my side when I am telling you this okay? I ahve had enough of you making the decision for me and I already have a plan. And if you two decide to meddle without my consent I will find one way or another to stop you and if I ahve to, take the company down with me. 

My parents gasped, they were not expecting such harsh words comming from me. 
-I am one hundered percent serious mom and dad, I know it sounds exaggerated but this is to show how serious the situation is. You ahve already destroyed my life once and you cannot do it again, not when it is not only my life you meddle with at least. 

-Son, just say it. We are on your side and we have no intention whatsoever to make you dislike us again. Mom said and dad nodded in agreement.

-Well, the thing is, or the person that is the reason I decided to return in Zelo. Zelo, otheriwse known as Junhong. 

My parents eyes went as large as UFOs. 

-W, what? You.. you're saying you met him? Mom asked surprised?

-Son are you sure you know what kind of organization is behind that kid? How could you be so irresponsible, what if they noticed you or kidnapped you..? Dad said. 

-Please, just let me finish. But yes mom, I met him. And dad I am not exactly sure of what organization we are fighting so hard with since you never said anything, but I was careful. After all, I've learned it all from you. Now, back to the matter at hand. I told Junhong about what his family truly are, and after contemplating this information he finally recognized me a litte and decided to trust me, and he is now home again trying to find out more about this organization so that we can once and for all take it down. 

-WHAT?! my parents gasped in unison.