Chapter Seven

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait a minute!" Youngbae exclaimed and spoke softer when he realized that they were at the airport. "S--trafficking?"

 

 

"Apparently." Jiyong sighed. "See, I knew it. When is this woman going to learn to take care of herself?"

 

 

"Give her a break," Youngbae patted him on the shoulder, "I am sure she's in the state of shock right now. You better give her co-worker a call to find out what's happening now at the office."

 

 

Jiyong hailed a cab as soon as they got out of the airport and hurriedly got on.

 

 

 "Uncle, please head to YEUM Art Gallery."

 

 

Throughout the ride, Jiyong was on the phone with Yerim, understanding the whole incident from her. The art pieces that were drawn by Choi Ye Jun was copyrighted. Since the hype of his art displaying in YEUM was quite a big deal on the net, pictures were spreading quickly as well.

 

 

"The artist, Mr. Luca came across the picture on the internet." Yerim explained. "He then immediately filled a lawsuit towards YEUM for carrying copyrighted art pieces."

 

 

"Only towards YEUM?" Jiyong asked.

 

 

"And Mr. Choi as well, for copyright."

 

 

"I need a list of names and account IDs who started spreading the pictures." Youngbae spoke up. "From what I see, it is an exhibition that doesn't allow any photography and videography."

 

 

Both of them were in Yoona's office but Yoona was nowhere to be seen. Yerim had informed them that Yoona went to meet the person-in-charge of Mr. Luca.

 

 

"I am sure Yoona can handle that part well." Youngbae scribbled something on the paper in front of him. "From our side, I will suggest suing people who have caught taking pictures of the artwork and posting them to the net. We will also sue Mr. Choi for not complying with the exhibition contract that he has signed."  

 

 

"I am not worried about that matter since we have bought insurance for YEUM and all the art pieces that we carry." Jiyong paused and shot a look at Yerim. "Wait a minute. It wasn't me who handled this exhibition. Please don't tell me you guys didn't buy the insurance."

 

 

Usually, Jiyong was the one who was responsible to get all the insurance for the artwork.

 

 

"Don't worry, we did." Yerim answered. "That was the first thing Yoona did."

 

 

Both the guys heaved a sigh of relief.

 

 

"At least she knows some of her stuff." Jiyong snorted.

 

 

"The tough part is the -trafficking scandal. It is a big issue in Korea right now." Youngbae stared at the screen in front of him.

 

 

The office sunk into silence for a moment.

 

 

"We have to hold a conference. Firstly, to apologize for not being careful." Youngbae made his points. "Secondly, to make it clear to the public that we are not involved in this scandal and has no clue that Mr. Choi is involved. We are purely judging by the art."

 

 

"And before all these can happen, we must get an agreement from Mr. Luca's side."

 

 

"What if he does not want to settle?"

 

 

"Frankly speaking, that will not have a huge impact on us. For Mr. Luca's case, I am sure they are mainly targetting Mr. Choi and not us."

 

 

As Youngbae ended his sentence, Yoona came barging into the room.

 

 

"Yerim ah, it is all settled." Yoona stood at her spot when she realized that there were 3 pairs of eyes staring at her.

 

 

"Youngbae Oppa?" Yoona called out unbelievably. "Are my eyes playing tricks on me right now?"

 

 

No one knew how relieved Yoona was when she saw Youngbae sitting right in front of her. She was planning to give him a call when she arrived back in the office.

 

 

"Of course it's me." Youngbae smiled. "How are you doing young lady?"

 

 

They greeted each other with a hug.

 

 

"Do you have to ask that? Look at the mess that she has created." Jiyong spited. "Doing real bad."

 

 

At first, Yoona wanted to ignore Jiyong and asked Youngbae what was he doing here in Seoul.

 

 

However, looking at the situation right now, it all made sense to her. Jiyong was the one who called Youngbae over since he was in California for the past week.

 

 

Yoona held her pride. She's not going to thank Jiyong now. Nevertheless, at the back of her head, she knew she would have to thank him after everything is over.

 

 

"Oppa, Mr. Luca's side is all settled. Of course, we have to pay a sum of amount but he has agreed to drop the case." Yoona explained. "Oppa, you got to help me."

 

 

"Of course, why would I be here then?" Youngbae complained. "This was supposed to be a vacation, Im."

 

 

"I'll payback! I promise."

 

 

"Okay I was telling Jiyong that the first step is to hold a press conference."

 

 

Yerim's phone rang. She gave a bow and headed out to answer the call.

 

 

Within a minute, she's back in the room.

 

 

"Yoona," Yerim called out timidly.

 

 

"What's the issue?" Yoona hasn't had a wink since yesterday and she could feel her head throbbing.

 

 

"Mr. Im called."  Yerim gave a nervous smile.

 

 

"Mr. Im?" Yoona was wondering who that was.

 

 

"Mr. Im, your father." Yerim made it clear. "He didn't sound pleased over the phone and told me to relay this message, word by word to you."

 

 

"And that is?"

 

 

Yerim took a deep breath and she apologized before starting her sentence.

 

 

"Yah! Im Yoona! I am heading back to Seoul right now and will be back tomorrow morning! You better stay at home and wait for me!"

 

 

Jiyong burst out laughing while Youngbae was trying to stop his laughter.

 

 

Yoona glared at Jiyong but in her heart, she knew she's in for a deep trouble tomorrow morning.

 

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

The next morning, Yoona woke up feeling refreshed. Yoona had a good sleep after settling everything with Youngbae yesterday. All she needed to do now was to prepare for the press conference and clear things up.

 

 

She was in the living room with a bowl of cereal as she scrolled her phone. It seemed like most of the negative news yesterday was cleared and the news of her holding a press conference next Monday is released.

 

 

Right at that moment, she heard the door being unlocked from outside. The spoon was in and she looked towards the door slowly.

 

 

From the door to the living room was a straight pathway without anything blocking. She noticed her dad's figure behind the translucent glass door immediately.

 

 

The next moment was her dad shouting at her.

 

 

"Yah Im Yoona!" Mr. Im screamed. "Do you know what have you done?!"

 

 

"Appa!" Yoona stood up, stepping backward away from Mr. Im. "I was wrong, I am sorry!"

 

 

Yoona knew that it is best to apologize now.

 

 

"I remember reminding you again and again that we are only to work with the Kwons and no one else." Mr. Im looked at Yoona sternly. "Look at this mess that you have created. What are you going to do about YEUM's reputation?"

 

 

"Appa, I am going to hold a press conference next Monday. Youngbae Oppa is here to help too." Yoona tried to appease her dad.

 

 

"Youngbae is back in Seoul?" Mr. Im questioned, looking at Yoona weirdly.

 

 

Mr. Im knew her daughter the best. She would not be the one who called Youngbae over.

 

 

"Must be Jiyong helping you again." Mr. Im glared at Yoona. "He told me that he tried to convince you but you were too stubborn to listen to him."

 

 

"Aish, that Kwon Jiyong," Yoona muttered under her breath, cursing him in her head.

 

 

"Yah! He is helping you and you're scolding him?" Mr. Im raised his voice. "I told you to listen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter