Chapter Thirteen

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who would have known that the next time three of them gathered was not at Jiyong's house, but at the hospital?

 

 

Youngbae was initially waiting at Jiyong's place, hogging the television for the entire day. Truthfully, he missed this a lot since all he could watch in California was bad American television programs.

 

 

The last time he was on the phone with Jiyong was an hour ago.   Just as he was wondering what was taking the both of them so long, his phone started to vibrate.

 

 

Incoming messages tone kept on ringing and before he could even take a look at them, a call came in.

 

 

"Dami Noona?" He picked up the call, not expecting a call from her.

 

 

Youngbae was initially in a daze when he was in the call, trying his best to absorb all the information.

 

 

"I'll be right there." Youngbae hung up the call and rushed out of the house immediately.

 

 

Youngbae brushed through the patients and staff and finally found the Kwon family waiting outside the operating room.

 

 

On the road to the hospital, Youngbae was in an anxious state. The moment he saw the Kwons, instead of relief, his heart dropped.

 

 

"Auntie Kwon..." Youngbae's voice was quivering.

 

 

This was the last thing he wanted to see.

 

 

"Youngbae!" Mrs. Kwon walked towards him, holding onto his arms.

 

 

"What is the situation now?" Youngbae asked. "Is it very serious?"

 

 

"Yoona is still in a coma due to shock. Other than a few scratches and bruises, she's fine." Dami explained. "Jiyong... he was the one who took the impact. The operation had been ongoing for two hours already."

 

 

Mrs. Kwon burst out crying the moment Dami finished her sentence.

 

 

"Jiyong will be alright." Youngbae hugged Mrs. Kwon. "He'll be alright."

 

 

Youngbae wasn't sure if he was assuring Mrs. Kwon or himself.

 

 

"Dami!" A voice came from the hallway.

 

 

Yoonjung rushed towards the group and Mr. Im followed behind. Yoonjung went over and hugged Dami, even the strongest among them broke down into tears.

 

 

"How's Yoona?" Mr. Kwon asked.

 

 

Yoonjung and Mr. Im came from Yoona's ward.

 

 

"No sign of waking up." Mr. Im gave a pat on Mr. Kwon's shoulder. "It will take some time."

 

 

Right then, the operating light went off and the doctor and a few nurses walked out from the operating room.

 

 

"How is Jiyong?" Mr. Kwon went up to the doctor while the rest followed behind.

 

 

"The operation went well but we will have to monitor him in the ICU for two days as there might be internal bleeding elsewhere." The doctor explained.

 

 

Everyone heaved a sigh of relief after hearing the doctor's words.

 

 

"However, even if he is out of the ICU two days later, Mr. Kwon might be in coma for some period." The doctor spoke up once again. "The accident took a toll on his body, his head was hurt during the accident as well. We will not know exactly when he will regain his conscious."

 

 

In other words, the doctor was trying to tell them to prepare for the worst; Jiyong might not regain his conscious.

 

 

While everyone was in a daze, Youngbae was the first to speak up.

 

 

"T-Thank you, doctor."

 

 

"We'll move him to the ICU immediately." The doctor announced, "Only 2 visitors can be in the ICU at a time."

 

 

The doctor gave a small bow before walking away.

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

It's been a few hours and there were still no signs of Yoona waking up.

 

 

All the time, Youngbae was by her side. Looking at those bruises on her face, Youngbae felt his heart clenched a little. He has yet to visit Jiyong at the ICU, he was guilty.

 

 

If he didn't ask Yoona to cook for him, both of them would not be at the Supermarket and this accident would not have took place.

 

 

At that moment, Youngbae saw Yoona's eyelids twitching a little.

 

 

"Y-Yoona?" Younbae called out.

 

 

Mr. Im, who was at the side, immediately came over to the bedside.

 

 

"Yoona?"

 

 

Her eyes twitched and they were slowly opening.

 

 

"Yoona, it's ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter