Chapter Seventeen

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The number you have called is currently unavailable. We've directed you to the voicemail. Please leave your message after the tone."

 

 

 

Beep.

 

 

 

Yoona sighed as she hung up the call once again. Upon arriving in Paris, the first thing she did was to give Jiyong a call. 

 

 

 

She was expecting him to give her an earful but who knew it was all directed to the voicemail. 

 

 

 

She was patiently waiting at the side of the conveyer belt for her luggages. Meanwhile, she dialled another familiar number. 

 

 

 

Unlike the previous time, within a few minutes, the call was picked up. 

 

 

 

"Ms. Im, how can I help you."

 

 

 

"Aww, Oppa! You're angry?" A smile appeared on Yoona's face. 

 

 

 

"Tell me how can I not be mad? You left for Paris with just a text, not even a call!" 

 

 

 

Yoona could imagine Youngbae's expression as he was reprimanding her. 

 

 

 

"It was early in the morning in Seoul! I didn't want to disturb you!" 

 

 

 

"Stop that nonsense." Youngbae snapped. "I don't want to hear your excuses."

 

 

 

Youngbae was way more upset than Yoona had imagined. 

 

 

 

"I can't believe you didn't even drop Jiyong a text."

 

 

 

"I went to see him before I fly!" Yoona rebutted. "Gave him a call the moment I reached Paris, but guess what? All of them went into the voicemail."

 

 

 

Yoona had a little pout on her face as she was complaining. 

 

 

 

"Jiyong was upset. You should have seen his face this morning." Youngbae explained. "He even said that you're heartless."

 

 

 

 

"He's not picking up my calls!"

 

 

 

"Whatever, I'm not sure what's going on between the both of you." Youngbae sighed. "I'm washing my hands off this matter and heading back to California."

 

 

 

"When are you flying?"

 

 

 

"Not telling you!" Youngbae said childishly, getting his revenge. "You didn't inform me about your flight too. Oh, maybe I'll drop you a text before I fly."

 

 

 

"Oppa!" Yoona exclaimed.

 

 

 

"I'll give you a call after I've landed safely!" Youngbae laughed at his small revenge. "Have fun!" 

 

 

 

"I'm here to work, not to play!"

 

 

 

"Whatever. Yoona, remember this is your decision. You better not regret it." Youngbae warned. "Bye!"

 

 

 

"Oppa!"

 

 

 

After Youngbae got his small revenge, he hung up the call happily. 

 

 

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

 

Yoona spent the next few days recovering from jetlag as well as exploring Paris. 

 

 

 

It was a brand new environment. Everyone was speaking in different tongues and for the first time, she was glad that she had her English foundation and could speak English fluently. 

 

 

 

She spent the remaining of her time getting familiar to the work here in Paris. 

 

 

 

Yoona's position in the new office is still an art curator, nothing much from the job scope has changed. 

 

 

 

All she missed was the familiar faces that she used to see in the office. 

 

 

 

By the time Yoona got used to Paris, it was a month later. She slowly got adjusted to the culture and now she had pretty much blended in with everyone else. 

 

 

 

"Pizzas are here! My treat!" Tiffany announced as she entered the room. 

 

 

 

Everyone cheered and put down their work, gathering around the table.

 

 

 

"Yoona, you did a great job!" Tiffany praised. "We've been missing out a gem for the entire time!"

 

 

 

"Oh no, are you trying to bribe me to stay in Paris?" Yoona teased. 

 

 

 

Everyone in the room burst out into laughter. 

 

 

 

"Serious stuff, I'm so glad that you're here."

 

 

 

"Aww, thank you for accepting me too! I'm having lots of fun!" 

 

 

 

"There's a team dinner tonight at Girafe! I better see you there!"

 

 

 

"You said it as if I had never turned up for any team dinner." Yoona laughed. "We're leaving together aren't we?"

 

 

 

"Will meet you guys at the lobby! Got to settle this project from Korea."

 

 

 

"Eh? Korea?"

 

 

 

"Yeah, your hometown, Ms. Im." Tiffany replied. "An artist called Peaceminusone. We clinched the deal yesterday."

 

 

 

Tiffany laughed as she exited the room, waving with the file on her hands. 

 

 

 

Yoona frowned a little as she thought it was weird that she was not informed. 

 

 

 

Since Yoona was so busy these few days, she might have missed the notice. 

 

 

 

Peaceminusone?

 

 

 

She shook away the thought and continued to dig into the pizzas.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter