Chapter Fourteen

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, Ms. Im." The nurses gave a smile. "You're here again?"

 

 

Yoona gave them a nod and went straight to the ward. Yoona did the usual, wetted a small towel, and started to clean Jiyong's face and hands.

 

 

Yoona took a seat on the chair beside the bed thereafter, staring at Jiyong intently. He was not as pale as the first day in the ICU. His chest was rising up and down rhythmically, showing obvious sign of life, but his eyes remained closed. 

 

 

It has been a week since the accident. Yoona took a week break from work to recuperate and spend most of her time in the hospital beside Jiyong.

 

 

Youngbae had no choice but to extend his so-called vacation. He had also requested to be transferred to the headquarters in Seoul for a month.

 

 

He helped out with the Kwons to settle the legal issues regarding the recent accident.

 

 

"Yoona?" Youngbae was surprised to see Yoona at this time.

 

 

"Oppa." Yoona gave a smile. "Why are you here at this timing?"

 

 

"Same question back at you." Youngbae ruffled her head. "Aren't you going back to work tomorrow?"

 

 

"Just feel like taking a look at him." Yoona directed her attention back to Jiyong. "I couldn't sleep anyway."

 

 

"You are supposed to use this week to recuperate but you are here almost everyday!" Youngbae nagged.

 

 

Now that Jiyong isn't here to nag at her, Youngbae took his place.

 

 

"Are you becoming the next Jiyong?" Yoona laughed.

 

 

Youngbae took a seat beside Yoona, contemplating if he should start this conversation. He wasn't sure if it was the right time to talk about this.

 

 

"Yoong." He called out anyways.

 

 

"Mhmm?"

 

 

"Jiyong cares for you."

 

 

"M-Mwuh? Why so sudden?" Yoona was confused. "I know, I'm practically like his little sister."

 

 

Yoona was initially confused about her feelings towards Jiyong. She didn't remember when all this started but she only realized it recently. With the feelings that she had for Jiyong, she's trying to control them.

 

 

Because she knew that the two of them would never cross this boundary.

 

 

"No, not as a sister but as a woman."

 

 

"No way." Yoona shook her head. "Impossible."

 

 

"If only you took the time to notice every little thing, you'd have found it out long ago." Youngbae continued. "Instead, you took every chance you have, to bicker with him."

 

 

"I am sure everyone other than yourself can see it."

 

 

Yoona didn't reply and got reminded of the day where the accident took place. That was when she realized Jiyong notices the smallest thing about her but she doesn't know him that well in contrast. 

 

 

"You and Jiyong are the same kind, you guys are so similar yet different." Youngbae looked at Jiyong. "And I am sure that brat doesn't realize it himself too."

 

 

"He has Jieun, doesn't he?'

 

 

"See what I mean?" Youngbae exclaimed while Yoona looked at him confusedly. "You think that he is with Jieun while he thinks that you are with Changwook."

 

 

"Changwook Oppa is my friend! Nothing more than that."

 

 

"I am sure Jiyong has announced more than once that he and Jieun are just friends, nothing more." Youngbae raised his brows. "I am also sure you are there when he said that."

 

 

"T-That's because his actions state otherwise!"

 

 

"What did he do?"

 

 

"He went to the festival with Jieun, didn't he?" Yoona let out a dry chuckle.

 

 

She could still vividly remember Jieun was hooking her arms around his.

 

 

"He did it on purpose because he knew I was going there with Changwook Oppa."

 

 

"You were there with Changwook too," Youngbae stated.

 

 

"It was a deal we made long ago." Yoona frowned and mumbled. "That doesn't count and how do you know he does not have any feelings for Jieun?"

 

 

"And how do you know Changwook doesn't have feelings for you?"

 

 

Yoona kept shut because she knew she was going to lose if she were to rebut.

 

 

"See? You know he is carrying a torch for you but you are not doing anything." Youngbae hit the bull's eyes. "If you were to stand in Jiyong's shoes, how would you feel?"

 

 

"He'll think that you have feelings for Changwook and that is why you are not doing anything."

 

 

Yoona wasn't retaliating, she just sat there looking down at her hands.

 

 

"Oh, and you're wrong." Youngbae broke the silence. "I was there with the two of them at the event."

 

 

"Mwuh? I didn't see you!"

 

 

"I was caught in the traffic and joined them slightly later." Youngbae explained. "We went to Jiyong's place to drink and that also explained why Jieun was looking for her clothes that day."

 

 

"I guess he had already met you by the time I reached and for the entire night he was practically in a daze." Youngbae continued to mumble. "That night, he drank the most amongst the three of us."

 

 

Yoona understood what Youngbae was trying to bring across but she just couldn't bring herself to do it.

 

 

She didn't want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter