Chapter Twenty Four

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoona, the art pieces will be arriving at 2pm." Tiffany flashed her eye smiles. "Do you want to see it? I'd probably need your help in arranging them."

 

 

 

Finally, Yoona had been waiting for this day to come. All this while, Jiyong had been acting mysteriously, using the same old excuse whenever she probed about it. 

 

 

 

"Sure!" Yoona's face lighted up and mumbled under her breath. "I wonder what he is up to this time around." 

 

 

 

Tiffany gave a sheepish smile before leaving the room. 

 

 

 

By the time Yoona reached the exhibition hall, most of the art pieces were up on display. 

 

 

 

"Hey," Yoona tapped on Tiffany's shoulder while looking around. "I'm sorry, the meeting got delayed."

 

 

 

"It's fine." Tiffany was busy checking the art pieces, making sure that they all arrived well. "You can take a look if there's anything that needs to be changed." 

 

 

 

Before Yoona walked away, Tiffany caught her hands. 

 

 

 

"That last piece of art is here." Tiffany pointed to the direction with her chin, smiling cheekily at her. "I purposely told them to cover it up with a cloth for a surprise."

 

 

 

"I don't know what perks Kwon Jiyong gave you to team up with him." Yoona shook her head.

 

 

 

"Say all you can now," Tiffany giggled and pushed Yoona to the direction. "Make sure you don't cry later. Go ahead!"

 

 

 

Yoona walked along the path, taking a good look at all the art pieces, jotting down the points to take note on her phone. 

 

 

 

The color theme of this exhibition was white since the colors used in most of the paintings were neon. Jiyong also requested daisies to be part of it too. As Yoona walked down the path, there were all sorts of daisies displays. 

 

 

 

Once Yoona was standing in front of the final piece, she held on the black cloth that was draped over it.

 

 

She raised her brows while pulling the cloth off. At first, she was staring blankly at the art piece. She tilted her head to the side, trying to figure out what it was. The longer she stared at it, the more confused she got. 

 

 

 

On the canvas, there were all sort of colors splattered around. There were a few distinct in black. 

 

 

 

"Are you sure this piece is allowed to be on exhibition?" Yoona was talking to herself as she continued to stare at the art piece. "It looks like kids playing with paint instead of an actual painting..."

 

 

 

Even though Yoona had been in the art industry for more than five years, sometimes it got her thinking what's in the mind of the artist when they are painting. 

 

 

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

 

Yoona went around the exhibition for a few more times but always found herself back at the same spot.  

 

 

 

It was then, an image flashed by in her head. 

 

 

 

"Omo..." Yoona's eyes went wide open, with her hands covering . 

 

 

 

Yoona diverted her eyes to the title of the art piece. That was when she confirmed her assumption. 

 

 

 

Title: love 

Description: a person that one loves. 

 

 

 

It was a portrait of her. From a glance, there's no way people would figure it out that it was her. 

 

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong, you idiot." Yoona was all smiles with tears welling up in her eyes. 

 

 

 

"Satisfied with it?" Tiffany's voice came from the back, wrapping her arms around Yoona's shoulders.

 

 

 

"You could tell that it was me from the first look?" Yoona asked, folding her fingers. "I've been going round and round the exhibition."

 

 

 

"Not from the first look." Tiffany smiled. "This was the last piece that was submitted. I was staring at it for quite some time and only found out that it was you after the meeting with Jiyong-sshi the other day." 

 

 

 

"I confirmed it with Jiyong-sshi personally and he told me to keep it a secret from you."

 

 

 

"That idiot, seriously." 

 

 

 

"Yeah yeah, I wish I have an idiot like him right by my side too." Tiffany said it with envy. "Count your blessing, woman!" 

 

 

 

"Using this chance," Yoona looked at Tiffany cheekily. "I'll knock off early today! I'll make sure to send you the points that I took down earlier."

 

 

 

"Yah! You have been knocking off earlier and earlier these few weeks!" Tiffany rolled her eyes. 

 

 

 

"I-I have my reasons!"

 

 

 

"And that reason is Kwon Jiyong." Tiffany sighed. "Go ahead, you owe me a homemade chocolate brownie this time round!" 

 

 

 

"I love you the most!" 

 

 

 

Yoona dialed the familiar number on her way down to the car park. 

 

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong."

 

 

 

"Yeah?" Jiyong answered mindlessly with the sound of busy typings in the background. "Why?" 

 

 

 

"Where are you?"

 

 

 

Yoona was asking the obvious while starting the car engine. 

 

 

 

"At home, where else can I be at?" Jiyong replied. "Just ended a meeting. It seems like something cropped up in Seoul."

 

 

 

"See you soon!"

 

 

 

"Mwuh?" Jiyong was dumbfounded. "You called just to ask where am I?"

 

 

 

"Yeah." Yoona smiled. "I'll hang up now."

 

 

 

"Yah, Im!" 

 

 

 

"Bye!" 

 

 

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

 

"Such a small matter, you guys can't settle it?" 

 

 

 

The moment Yoona stepped into the house, all she could hear was Jiyong shouting in the room.

 

 

 

She changed into her slippers, putting down her bag before heading to the room.

 

 

 

"You better make sure it is all settled before I am back!" Jiyong hissed and hung up the call. 

 

 

 

"Aish! Nothing is going my way!" Jiyong rubbed his neck tiredly. Right then, a pair of arms s her way around his waist. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter