Chapter Six

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed, the project was still ongoing and at its final stage.

 

 

"Yerim, don't forget the meeting this afternoon," Yoona called out the moment she stepped into office.

 

 

It was the meeting of the exhibition. Yoona had gone ahead with the plan. Since that night at Kwon's place, Jiyong and Yoona have not contacted. Yoona knew it was impossible to get any help from Jiyong so she found another art consultant to work with. Today would be their final meeting before everything starts to proceed.

 

 

Yerim was a little uneasy as she thought for a little while before heading to Yoona's office.

 

 

She stood in-front of Yoona's desk, not knowing how to phrase her sentence.

 

 

"What's wrong?"

 

 

"Y-Yoona, are we going to proceed with this?" Yerim asked nervously. "Even though I do think YEUM needs a change, but without Jiyong-sshi, I'm a little nervous."

 

 

To be honest, Yerim had been wanting to talk to Yoona a couple of days back. Almost all of the past exhibitions that Yerim had done, they were all under the care of Jiyong.

 

 

Now, she has to work with people that she is not familiar with, she felt uneasy throughout the whole planning process.

 

 

For sure, Yoona had always emphasized that in this profession, you have to be open-minded and brace yourself to meet lots of new people.

 

 

"There's nothing to be worried about Yerim," Yoona smiled. "Like Jiyong, he is an art consultant too."

 

 

"Aren't you worried?"

 

 

Is she? She is. Yoona too, felt weird working with a stranger since all this while, ever since she was in YEUM, she had been working with Jiyong. Yoona admitted that Jiyong had been helping her a lot because this time around, she had to do everything by herself.

 

 

However, it was the pride that Yoona couldn't put down. Firstly, she was quite mad when Jiyong was against the idea. Secondly, she wanted to prove to Jiyong that even without his help, she could do this by herself.

 

 

She didn't want to lose.

 

 

"Not really. I know you are worried but treat this as a new experience!" Yoona suddenly narrowed her eyes at Yerim. "You didn't tell Jiyong anything right?"

 

 

"N-Nope!" Yerim was startled by her sudden question. "Why would I?"

 

 

Yoona eyed at her suspiciously while Yerim gave her a nervous smile.

 

 

"You better not!"

 

 

"A-Alright! Back to work!"

 

 

Yerim rushed off before Yoona could say anything.

 

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

"Thank you so much for this wonderful collaboration." Mr. Choi gave a firm handshake.

 

 

"I-It's our pleasure." Yoona tried to pull her hands away but Mr. Choi was not budging.

 

 

 

"Thank you for your help all this time," Mr. Choi released the grip, giving Yoona a smile.

 

 

 

"Hope everything is to your liking."

 

 

They were reviewing the exhibition before it gets open to the public tomorrow. When the news of YEUM collaborating with Mr.Choi spreaded, there was lots of hype on the internet.

 

 

Yoona treated this as a good sign for the exhibition. She couldn't wait for Jiyong to come over to take a look at this exhibition himself, proving him wrong. She wasn't sure if he would come over though, giving that they weren't in contact.

 

 

Yoona took out her phone and dialed over to his receptionist.

 

 

"Good afternoon, this is Kwon Jiyong's office. How may I assist you?"

 

 

"Hi, Yoona here."

 

 

"Oh, Y-Yoona-sshi. Is there anything I can help you with today?"

 

 

"Is Jiyong in the office?"

 

 

"Our sajangnim is currently on an overseas business trip to California. He did not tell you about it?"

 

 

Well, knowing how close both of them were, the assistant thought Yoona would have known.

 

 

"I-I see, how long has he been away?"

 

 

"Almost a week. From what I know, he'll be heading back tomorrow, landing on the day after." The assistant listed out the details. "Is there any message you would like me to relay?"

 

 

"Nothing much, just ask him to come to the exhibition if he wants to."

 

 

"S-Sure." The assistant replied. "Congrats on your exhibition, Ms. Im."

 

 

"Thank you."

 

 

Yoona ended the call simply as she started to wonder to herself.

 

 

A business trip to California? Yoona had never heard of any upcoming projects that required a business trip to California.

 

 

"Yerim ah," Yoona gave a little nudge on her elbow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter