Chapter Fifteen

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you're going to do this?" Yerim asked.

 

 

It's been another week and Yoona had announced her departure during the urgent meeting this morning.

 

 

Everyone couldn't hide their expressions; they were either puzzled or in shock. Especially Yerim, she looked like she just swallowed a pair of socks throughout the entire meeting.

 

 

"You heard it loud and clear, hadn't you?"

 

 

"You can't leave the entire YEUM to me!" Yerim shook her head. "Why don't you bring me along with you?"

 

 

"And who is going to take care of YEUM?" Yoona was smiling at her reaction. "I wouldn't take too long."

 

 

"A few months?"

 

 

"Maybe? Or a few years?" Yoona teased.

 

 

"Yah!"

 

 

"Aigoo, why are you worrying so much?" Yoona passed her a few files. "You'll be doing the same tasks with the exception that you're able to give approvals now. If there's anything, you can still contact me."

 

 

"Besides, you have Jiyong here to help you too."

 

 

Yerim kept quiet for a short while, looking at those boxes that Yoona had done packing. Meanwhile, Jiyong was still in a coma.

 

 

Yerim sighed as she thought of Jiyong. If he was here, maybe he would have his ways to stop her from leaving.

 

 

"When are you leaving?"

 

 

She couldn't recall any specific dates from the meeting held in the morning.

 

 

"As soon as Jiyong's up from the coma."

 

 

"What!?" Yerim looked at Yoona unbelievably. "You must be kidding me."

 

 

"I'm not." Yoon was packing her stuff into boxes. "Wow, I didn't know I had so much stuff."

 

 

"Yah, is that the main point now?"

 

 

"Yes and Kim Yerim, you need to stop freaking out. You'll do fine."

 

 

"What am I going to do without you?" Yerim got sentimental out of a sudden.

 

 

"Come on, you have seen me doing it for the longest time. Besides, you are the most experienced compared to anyone in the office." Yoona tried to talk some sense into her. "I will not be at peace if someone else is to take over."

 

 

Yerim stared at Yoona, knowing that she wouldn't be able to persuade her.

 

 

"Those two files, you'll have to go through and sign them by tomorrow. " Yoona reminded and smiled at her. "Your first tasks."

 

 

Yerim raised the files and walked out of her office as if she no longer has a soul. Yoona could only shake her head in response.

 

 

Yoona's phone began to ring the moment the door closed with a thud. She saw the caller ID and picked up with a smile.

 

 

"Im Yoona! Are you crazy?!"

 

 

It was Youngbae over the phone, shouting at Yoona.

 

 

"Oppa! My eardrums are bursting!"

 

 

"What's these all about?"

 

 

After Yoona had announced it to the entire company, news articles about her departure had been floating around.

 

 

"It is what you read, I'm leaving for Paris."

 

 

"Such a big decision and you didn't bother to discuss it with me?" Youngbae was fuming. "And I know the news through the net and not from you."

 

 

"I'm sorry Oppa, but I needed this break." Yoona sighed. "It won't be for long."

 

 

"You'll get it from me the next time I see you."

 

 

"Sure!" Yoona laughed. "I am busy packing, don't disturb me."

 

 

Yoona hung up the phone before Youngbae could say anything.

 


✧✧✧✧✧

 


"People will think that you're migrating." Mr. Im stood by Yoona's door, looking at her packing her stuff.

 

 

"I have too much stuff!" Yoona pouted. "I have already sent two pieces of luggages over and now I'm bringing three more!"

 

 

"You can always purchase them in Paris." Mr. Im shook his head. "I have no idea why you're doing this."

 

 

"These feel more like home!" Yoona rubbed her eyes, getting slightly irritated.

 

 

"Appa! My eyelids have been twitching for the entire day!"

 

 

"You probably didn't get enough sleep. Look at your dark eye circles!" Mr. Im nagged. "Dinner is ready, come down right now!"

 

 

There was a moment of silence in the room and Yoona's phone started ringing.

 

 

Yoona's thoughts were abruptly interrupted by her phone's ringing, which made her jump a little.

 

 

"Oppa?" Yoona picked up the phone lazily.

 

 

"Yoo-Yoona." Youngbae was slightly breathless.

 

 

"Did something happened?" Yoona was slightly more alert.

 

 

"Jiyong," Youngbae took a deep breath. "Jiyong is awake."

 

 

Yoona almost couldn't believe what she has heard. She was holding the phone by her ears, staring blankly at her door.

 

 

Yoona had waited long enough for this day to come by. Her brain was not registering anything from Youngbae over the phone.

 

 

"Yah yah! Are you listening?" Youngbae was rushing. "I am heading to the hospital and you better come over now!"

 

 

It was a piece of happy news for both of the families. Mr. Im got excited, rushing Yoona and Yoonjung into the car.

 

 

"Yah yah! Why are you still standing here?" Yoonjung pulled Yoona along. "Jiyong is awake! Aren't you happy!"

 

 

Yoonjung was gleaming for the entire trip and was blabbering non-stop in the car. Mr. Im could only smile at her reaction.

 

 

Meanwhile, Yoona was very quiet throughout the ride and was busy scrolling her phone.

 

 

"Yah, what are you doing?" Yoonjung leaned in to peek at her phone.

 

 

"Yah!"

 

 

"W-What!" Yoona was stuttered.

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter