Chapter Three

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong couldn't focus on his work as his mind kept wandering off. His heart was worrying about the exhibition on Saturday. He took a deep breath, grabbing the tickets before striding out of the office.

 

 

"I'm heading out," he announced. "Will be back after lunch."

 

 

After a couple of minutes, his black Aventador turned into EDAM Enterprise's parking lot. Walking passed the security, stepping his foot into the elevator.  The elevator stopped at level 5 and he gave a little nod to the receptionist before heading to the office on his right.

 

 

The receptionist did not seem surprised at Jiyong's appearance. She gave him a little nod as permission to enter. She was so used to this but not for others though. Most of the employees were furiously typing away under their desks.

 

 

Jiyong gave a soft knock on the door yet there was no response. He pushed the doorknob, opening the door, only to reveal Jieun's back view. She was focusing on the art piece that was in front of her.

 

 

He walked towards her, holding onto the tickets. Using them to give a few pats on her head, trying to make her notice his presence.

 

 

"I believed that I had distinctly stated that I didn't want anyone to disturb me." Jieun did not turn her head back. "What's the issue now?"

 

 

"The issue now is that your PARANOISE tickets have arrived."

 

 

Jieun paused her movement when she heard his voice, sharply turning her head back to the source of the sound.

 

 

"Jiyong?" She questioned. "Why are you here?"

 

 

"Your ticket?" He raised the tickets, waving in front of her. "I was worried about the 2 art pieces that I have to come all the way to take a look at it personally."

 

 

"You got the ticket?!" Jieun shrieked as she places her equipment by the side. "You know, I was just fooling around that day."

 

 

Anyone who was here could tell that she was not fooling around that day. She beamed as she opened the ticket holder, revealing 2 tickets, with an indication of VIP seats.

 

 

"Wow! 2 tickets even? VIP seats? Really?" Jieun couldn't believe her eyes. "How much did you spend to get hold of these?"

 

 

Jiyong laughed inwardly. Cost a bomb, he thought to himself.

 

 

"You should be glad that you won the bet, once in a lifetime VIP seats~" Jiyong let out a smug face and mumbled the last sentence. "Find someone to accompany you, don't waste the ticket. They worthed a freaking CHANEL collection."

 

 

"Huh?" Jieun leaned forward, trying to catch what he was saying. "Wait,  I thought you are coming along."

 

 

"Nah, the exhibition is on Saturday, remember?" Jiyong reminded,  "and I don't know how to appreciate such stuff."

 

 

"Assa! I'll bring Jiyeon along then!" Jieun cheered. "If you were to come along, you are going to be like my naggy grandpa, asking when the concert will end."

 

 

"So, how's the progress?" Jiyong changed the topic abruptly. "Done by Friday?"

 

 

"Of course! Can't you see I am hard at work now?"

 

 

"What is the issue?"

 

 

"I think this is the fourth time I am repeating this today. Yoona-sshi even dropped by earlier." She shook her head. "Can you guys have some trust in me?"

 

 

"She dropped by?" Jiyong raised his brows.

 

 

"Yeah, I have explained to her already." She cleared . "Apparently, not only the delivery was delayed, the truck met an accident on its way. Thankfully, it was merely minor scratches on both pieces."

 

 

"Unfortunately, I can only start on them after I finish 3 other art pieces." Jieun sighed. "I am rushing them for Friday's exhibition."

 

 

Unlike the Kwon Enterprise, who only works with YEUM Art Gallery, Jieun is considered as a freelancer.

 

 

"Since you are so hardworking, this Oppa of yours shall treat you lunch as a reward?"

 

 

"Do I look like I have the time, Mr. Kwon?"

 

 

"Are you that lousy that you have to skip lunch?" Jiyong was slightly disappointed that there wasn't anyone to have lunch with.

 

 

"Yes yes, I am lousy." Jieun stood up, pushing Jiyong towards the door. "Thanks for the ticket, but for now you need to leave and stop disturbing me."

 

 

"Y-Yah!"

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

Saturday, at 9 am. Reporters and photographers were slowly gathering outside YEUM Art Gallery, waiting patiently for the opening.

 

 

Yoona was dressed in a white suit, topped with a formal black blazer along with her red killer heels, causing her to look extra professional today

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter