Chapter Five

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month passed in a blink of an eye. Others might be complaining that it was yet another month but for Yoona, it was the month that she would have the most free time.

 

 

 

May has always been her favorite month and it is her birthday month as well. 

 

 

 

"Yoona, what are you planning next?" Yerim asked during the end of the meeting. "Hall B is empty in the third week of May. Do you have any plans?" 

 

 

 

"Have you guys heard of Choi Ye Jun?"

 

 

 

"Choi Ye Jun?" Yerim took a while to register the name. "Wait, isn't he the latest internet sensation? His art pieces are blowing up on the internet!" 

 

 

 

"Right," Yoona gave a smile. "I have been following him on Instagram for quite a while and I was thinking this is a good time to invite him to showcase his art pieces in our gallery." 

 

 

 

"I don't think it is a bad idea." Yerim nodded her head. "We could fully utilize Hall B as well as bringing a change to YEUM." 

 

 

 

"Okay, I will think about it and let you guys know as soon as possible." Yoona closed the file. "If everything goes well, everything could be set by the second week."

 

 

 

"That's all for today."

 

 

 

Yoona took out her phone, dialing a familiar number as she walked out of the meeting room. The phone got picked up within five rings. 

 

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong."

 

 

 

"Yes Ms. Im, what can I do for you?" 

 

 

 

"Are you free right now? I've something to discuss with you."

 

 

 

"If I am not free, do you think I have the time to pick up your call?" 

 

 

 

"I'll see you at YEUM in 15 minutes." Yoona rolled her eyes. "Since you are so damn free."

 

 

 

"Aren't you suppose to come over? You are the one who need my help."

 

 

 

"I am sure your Aventador is faster than my Porche," Yoona spoke calmly. "Isn't that what you have always been claiming? I am giving you a chance to show it to me now."

 

 

 

"Stop your act, Im. You are just trying to make me come over." Jiyong snorted. "From my experience, you'd never once admitted that my car is better than yours."

 

 

 

"So are you coming over or not!" Yoona got frustrated since Jiyong wasn't buying her words. 

 

 

 

"Alright alright, what's wrong with your temper nowadays?" Jiyong complained. "Be there in a jiffy." 

 

 

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

 

As expected, Jiyong arrived in 10 minutes. He barged into Yoona's office even before the receptionist could stopped him. 

 

 

 

"Yo! What's up!" Jiyong greeted cheerfully. However, his smiles immediately turned into a nervous chuckle when he realized there were two pair of eyes staring at him.

 

 

 

"O-Oh. I didn't know you are in a meeting." Jiyong cleared his throat. "I'll be waiting outside."

 

 

 

"I-It's okay, Mr. Kwon." The lady seated opposite Yoona immediately stood up. "We are done already." 

 

 

 

"I'll mail you the details and if everything is fine, we can start preparing for it." 

 

 

 

Yoona stood up, showing her the way out while shoving Jiyong aside, not forgetting to glare at him.  

 

 

 

Yoona came back within minutes, closing the door behind her. 

 

 

 

"You should have told me that you have a guest!" Jiyong was already making himself comfortable. "You did that on purpose didn't you?"

 

 

 

"Oh please, you are the one who came barging in before the receptionist could stop you." Yoona placed a cup of tea in front of him. "Where's your manner, Kwon? Don't you know you are supposed to knock the door?"

 

 

 

"Manners?" Jiyong laughed. "Since when is there such thing between us? If there is, you should be calling me Oppa a long time ago and not addressing me by my full name." 

 

 

 

"You are just jealous that I call everyone Oppa except for you. " Yoona stated the fact. "Too bad, don't think you will ever hear that in your lifetime." 

 

 

 

"It's not like I am dying to hear that, don't be too full of yourself." 

 

 

 

"Okay, serious stuff." Yoona passed him her phone. "What do you think about him?"

 

 

 

"You are asking me for an opinion, on a guy?!" Jiyong was surprised. 

 

 

 

"Can you take a look before you speak?" Yoona was slightly annoyed. "Choi Ye Jun, the latest internet sensation. He is a newbie artist but his artwork has been gaining a lot of attention on the internet recently. I am thinking of bringing his artwork to YEUM in the third week of May."

 

 

 

Jiyong face fell as he scrolled through the page, his lips forming a line. 

 

 

 

"Yoona, you know we don't work with newbie artists. This is part of our agreement." 

 

 

 

"I know I know but I think it is time to give YEUM a change! This could be the first project." She reasoned. "If this goes well, we can be more open to other ideas slowly. YEUM has only been carrying famous artist art pieces for the past 10 years. You know the trend nowadays. We are going to lose out at this rate." 

 

 

 

"There's always a risk in bringing in newbie artist. This artist only has an Instagram page, how am I supposed to judge if he is credible or not?" 

 

 

 

"You can always head down to look at his art pieces yourself, like what you have been doing." Yoona explained. "We just need a little more hard work here."

 

 

 

Jiyong sighed, trying hard not to lose his temper. 

 

 

 

"This is what both companies have agreed on and I don't wish to break it. It has been working fine for the past few years, I don't want to break it and end up, harming YEUM." 

 

 

 

"I'll take responsibility." Yoona was adamant about this. "All I need is a yes or no from you." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter