Chapter Thirty

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong knew something was going to happen from the moment Yoona insisted to head to work even though she wasn't feeling well. On the way to the hospital, he was constantly blaming himself for agreeing to let her head to work. Throughout the ride, his heart was heavy and he would probably not forgive himself if anything were to happen.

 

Jiyong rushed to the ward that Mino sent him right after he had alighted. He took a cab down as he thought it would be too dangerous for him to drive with this state of mind. Once Jiyong came out of the elevator, Mino was sitting on the chair outside the ward and his face immediately lighted up when he saw Jiyong.

 

"Hyung!" Mino waved his hands, "Here!"

 

"What did the doctor say?" Jiyong quickened his steps and made a halt in front of him, "What happened?"

 

"The doctor is inside with Yoona Noona. He said he needed to talk to her individually." Mino scratched his head. "The first question the doctor asked me was whether I am Noona's husband. Isn't that weird? Why is he acting so mysterious?"

 

All sorts of thoughts popped up in Jiyong's head but he couldn't seem to pinpoint any of them.

 

"Do you want to head in? He'd probably tell you since you're Noona's boyfriend?" Mino asked. "Noona seems fine though, other than a few bruises on her arms."

 

Jiyong pushed open the door, only to see the doctor having a conversation with Yoona. Both of them had a solemn expression before turning their head towards him, looking at him without any expressions.

 

To be honest, that was scaring Jiyong.

 

"T-That's my b-boyfriend." Yoona spoke up softly, informing the doctor.

 

"O-Oh." The doctor let out a small gasp but composed himself right after.

 

Truthfully, the doctor was in a state of shock when he first saw Yoona on his list of emergency patients. Yoona is from a well-known family and it was not any surprise that the doctor knew immediately who she was. Now that Yoona was claiming Jiyong to be her boyfriend, another wave of shock hit him, his poor heart not being able to handle while talking to the two tycoons.

 

Jiyong heaved a sigh of relief as he saw Yoona seated up, having  no major injury except for the bruises that Mino mentioned. He walked towards the bed with his brows furrowed, looking at Yoona worryingly, ignoring the presence of the doctor totally.

 

"See? I told you to stay at home and rest but you didn't listen. Look at you now."

 

Even though Jiyong's words sounded harsh but that was all because he was worried for her and at the same time relieved to see that she was fine.

 

"I-I didn't know it was this serious!" Yoona defended.

 

"Told you to go and consult the doctor but you are always using busy as an excuse."

 

Jiyong was using this chance to knock some sense into her head, making sure that she would not do this ever again. This time around, Yoona did not rebut and all she did was to look down, playing with her fingers. It is an action that she does whenever she's nervous. Jiyong did not continue and finally acknowledge the presence of the doctor.

 

"How is she?"

 

"Finally, it's my turn to clear some stuff up?" The doctor joked while Jiyong got a little embarrassed. "I've explained this to Ms. Im earlier on, she caught a flu bug and that explained her frequent coughing and she probably overworked herself, so I'd suggest her to take proper rest before heading back."

 

Jiyong shot a glare at Yoona amidst the explanation but was met with the top of her head and she was constantly scratching her fingers. Jiyong had to wrap his hands around hers to stop it.

 

"Other than that, there isn't any critical issue that is alarming." The doctor took a look at both of them, "But, I have another piece of news."

 

The moment the doctor finished his sentence, Jiyong could feel that Yoona was tightening her grip around his hands.

 

"I thought I should only announce this to Ms. Im's family and that is the reason why I didn't break any news to the young chap outside. Given that she is from a well-known family and thought that everything should be kept private."

 

Jiyong raised his brows at the doctor, not knowing where this conversation was going. The doctor flinched a little at the look that Jiyong was giving, he looked at Yoona and cleared his throat before breaking the news.

 

"Ms. Im is currently 3 weeks pregnant, that's slightly less than a month." The doctor announced it loud and clear, "Ms. Im's body is weak ever since she was a kid and hence explains the fainting incident earlier on."

 

Jiyong's focus was still on the doctor and was wondering if he heard him clearly. He was stunned for a moment before the doctor continued.

 

"Since it's still in the early stage of pregnancy, I'd advise you two to take extra precautions and be extra careful." The doctor warned, "Ms. Im was lucky that she only missed 1step from the ladder and that did not affect the baby. However, she'd need to take ample rest after this. I'd suggest her to take her hands off all the strenuous activities at work."

 

The doctor saw the both of them were in silence, while Jiyong was trying to digest the news. The doctor was in an awkward position, not knowing if he should leave the room to make some space for this young couple.

 

"Thank you, Doctor Kim, we'll take note." Jiyong found back his voice, giving him a smile. The doctor took this chance to leave the room, closing the door before Mino could have a look inside.

 

For a good few minutes, Jiyong was sitting on the side of the bed, playing with Yoona's hands as they stayed in silence. Yoona didn't know what to do as well, while Jiyong was playing with her hands, she was busy observing his expression, not knowing if he was happy with the news or not. At first, when the doctor broke the news to her when Jiyong wasn't around, she thought she had heard it wrongly and had confirmed repeatedly with the doctor. After that, a wave of happiness hit her, and now, when Jiyong wasn't showing any reaction she was getting a little worried.

 

Just as she was about to speak up and break the silence, to demand a reply from Jiyong if he was happy with the news or if he wanted the baby or not, a silly grin brow out on Jiyong's face. The grin got wider and wider at the thought of the scene of a mini him or Yoona running about.

 

At the sight of his smile, the questions that Yoona was about to pop immediately vanished. She smiled while tears were welling up her eyes as she started apologizing.

 

"I'm sorry, I should have been more careful..." She sniffed and continued to rumble on. "I didn't know that he was here, I didn't even have a hunch about it. If I have known, It'd be way more careful and will definitely not have climb up the freaking ladder to arrange the frame..."

 

Yoona started to apologize as tears were falling down on her cheeks, Jiyong stretched out his hands to wipe them away before pulling her into his arms.

 

"It's alright," Jiyong calmed her down, "As long as you're alright."

 

"I made a mistake that could potentially harm the baby..." Yoona cried, "What if we weren't that lucky? I would have lost it even before I knew about his presence..."

 

"Let's look at the bright side, shall we?" Jiyong pulled away from the hug, wiping away her tears, planting a peck on her cheeks, then her lips. "We're having a baby and that's a blessing from above. We should be happy about it." 

 

"When I saw your expression when the doctor announced it, I thought you weren't happy about it." Yoona pouted.

 

"Why wouldn't I?" Jiyong ruffled her head, "I was just stunned since we are not planning for it. Don't tell me you weren't surprised when you first heard it."

 

"Of course I was!" Yoona's eyes shot wide open, "I even confirmed with the doctor many times and when I was slowly letting the news sink in, you came into the room and started scolding me."

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean it." Jiyong cupped on her cheeks with both his hands, "I was just worried. You don't know how scared I was when Mino called and say that you were in the ambulance, heading to the hospital."

 

Yoona grinned at the proximity, leaning into a peck on his lips.

 

"Congrats? You're going to be a daddy?"

 

"You're going to be a mummy too?"

 

Both of them broke into a common smile before the door went wide open. Both families came rushing in with a worried expression. Jiyong gulped at the thought of breaking the news, it would not be an issue for his side as his mum would probably be over the moon with the news. As he took a glance at Mr. Im, a shudder went down his spine.

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

"Yoona ah!" Mrs. Kwon was the first to rush her side, slightly pushing Jiyong away, holding onto both of her hands. "Are you alright?"

 

Jiyong shook his head as he moved aside, giving a scowl at his mum's favoritism.

 

"Everything's alright?" Mr. Im asked as he gave a pat on Jiyong's shoulder.

 

"Y-yeah, all is good." Jiyong stuttered at the beginning, "The doctor said that she overworked, you know how stubborn she is."

 

Mr. Im shot a glare at Yoona, knowing perfectly Yoona is a workaholic. Yoona shunned away from the glare before smiling at Mrs. Kwon, ensuring that she's perfectly fine. Looking at the situatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter