Chapter One

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day, another wave of the season. There was an influx of artists and creators, wanting to showcase their art pieces, selling them. Exhibition after the exhibition, every day was busy for Im Yoona. As the head curator of the YEUM Art Gallery, she is in charge of arranging art exhibitions in YEUM.

 

 

YEUM Art Gallery runs under Im's Holdings, which is one of the largest companies in Seoul, Korea and so happens to belong to Yoona's family. YEUM is one of the most famous Art Gallery in Seoul currently.

 

 

"Yerim ah, we should change the lighting, it's way too glaring." Yoona strode down the walkway. "That two art pieces over at that corner should swap position."

 

 

Yoona could have passed different roles to her colleagues since there was more than enough manpower to lessen her burden and responsibilities. However, being a perfectionist herself and her view towards her profession, she would never allow that. She wanted to be the one overseeing the entire process, giving feedback right on the spot, allowing no delays during the preparation.

 

 

"When are the 2 pots of hibiscus arriving?"

 

 

"Tomorrow." Yerim was beside Yoona, taking down notes as they walked through the exhibition, going through every single detail. "By the way, Mr. Kim called earlier, asking if we can include more plants around the exhibition."

 

 

"Again?" Yoona's head throbbed. The so-called Mr. Kim is a good friend of her dad, which is also the reason why she is holding back, always taking a step back.

 

 

"Yeah," Yerim let out an embarrassed smile as she mumbled softly. "I think any more additional plants, this is going to be a trail down the forest instead of an art exhibition."

 

 

"I think so too." Yoona sighed, "I will settle that tonight, probably going to give him a love call personally."

 

 

Yoona ended her sentence, emphasizing the last word. Yoona might be a perfectionist, but her relationship with her colleagues are great. Her colleagues love her and in fact, though she's straightforward, but at the same time, she knows her ways with words.

 

 

"Are you joining us for dinner?"

 

 

"Dinner?" Yoona rolled up her sleeves, looking down at her watch, hour hand almost reaching 7, while the minute hand reaching 12.

 

 

Her eyes went wide open and let out a gasp. "Oh shoots!"

 

 

Just like many perfectionists, it comes together as a package of being a workaholic.

 

 

"Yerim ah!" She panicked, getting ready to rush off. "I got to go, make sure you settle those points that I have mentioned just now. I want to see it tomorrow, by hook or by crook!"

 

 

All that left in the Art Gallery was Yerim and the rush clickings of Yoona's high heels.

 

 

✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

Within 15 minutes, Yoona's Red Porsche 718 Boxter appeared in front of her house, nicely parked. Of course, she did not run the red lights. Let's just say she has a good car.

 

 

When she got off her car, at the corner of her eyes, a black Lamborghini Aventador which was parked beside the road caught her attention. Eyeing down at the car plate and she let out a snicker.

 

 

It seemed like she was going to get an earful for being late and seemed like this dinner that her dad mentioned was not just going to end as a dinner.

 

 

"Appa, unnie! I'm back!" She let out a smile, making her way into the living room.

 

 

"And you are late~ tsk tsk."

 

 

It wasn't her dad nor her sister. That voice belonged to an annoying brat, sitting at the corner of the couch, holding onto his switch, smirking at her.

 

 

Yoona rolled her eyes at him, treating him as invisible. Her dad must have called him over for dinner without informing her. Ignoring him, she turned to her right, her gaze met with a woman in her late forties, smiling warmly at her.

 

 

"Ah, you are finally back Yoona!"

 

 

"Eh? Auntie Kwon?" She was puzzled. Her head shot up to the dining table, seeing her dad chatting with Uncle Kwon happily, waiting for dinner to be ready. "Uncle Kwon?"

 

 

"Oh, Yoona ah!"

 

 

Can someone tell her why are the Kwons here?

 

 

"Appa called the Kwons over for dinner." Her life savior came walking down the stairs. Her sister, Im Yoonjung. "He says it is a celebratory dinner for both families. Since I am taking over Im's Holdings and Dam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter