Chapter 32

Love is Patient

After they watched, they had dinner and now ready to bed.

 
Gerald was in the shower when his phone rang. Kim noticed the phone on the third time it rang so she checked. The caller is named "babe". Shocked as she was, she ignored the call until it stopped ringing. 
 
When Gerald got out of the shower, he joined her on bed. Kim hugged him, rested her head on his bare chest and closed her eyes.
 
"Inaantok ka na?" he kissed her top.
 
Kim tightened the hug then shook her head, with her eyes still closed. She was thinking of the call earlier. Who is babe? Could it be possible that he has an unfinished business?
 
She has been interrupted when Gerald kissed her lips. She opened her eyes. Gerald's naughtily smiling at her. She didn't fail him, she responded to every kiss and touch that he is giving.... They once again made love that night.
 
The next day, Gerald is inside the shower when his phone rang again. Kim ignored the first try until it rang again. She looked at the call and "babe" is calling again. Kim rejected the call to her dismay.
 
She was reminded by the call last night and now that "babe" is calling her husband again. "And why the hell didn't he tell this to me, that he had a girl in between our 'not so good relationship'?" she thought.
 
Gerald got out of the shower ten minutes after. "Hon, it's your turn!" he happily said that to Kim, he even kissed her when she reached the shower door.
 
After breakfast...
 
"Ge, I am going to the hospital to visit Maya."
 
"Sige, sasamahan na kita."
 
"Hindi na, baka may lakad ka pa nakakaistorbo ako."
 
"Ha?" he went near her and got her into a hug. "Kahit pa may lakad ako, uunahin pa rin kita. You are my priority that I'm willing to cancel all my appointments just to be with you." he kissed her right cheek.
 
Kim smiled. "Talaga?"
 
Gerald held her face this time, they're now forehead to forehead. "Uh-huh!" he was about to kiss her lips when his phone rang. Kim broke away from the close contact and pretended to be busy with her bag. She was observing if he'll answer the call, but Gerald didn't, he rejected the call.
 
Kim, all ready to go kissed him goodbye. She was about to open the door when Gerald stopped her and kissed her again. "Are you sure, you don't want me to drive you?"
 
She smiled and kissed him again. "No need. I will call you when I'm on my way home. Are you going somewhere?"
 
Gerald nodded. "But I should be home before you're home."
 
He kissed her one more time and she left.
 
"What did you say? he might had a relationship with somebody else?"
 
"Maya, someone keeps calling him. Ang nakaregister na pangalan is Babe!"
 
"Babe???"
 
Kim nodded. "Now tell me what to think about that."
 
"Did you ask him who's babe?"
 
"not yet! Baka mag-away lang kami."
 
"Kimmy, you got to ask him right away!"
 
"Paano kung totoo ang hinala ko?"
 
"Ikaw dapat ang tinatanong ko niyan. What will you do?"
 
"Maya, ayoko sa lahat yung may natatapakan akong tao."
 
"Hey! you are the legal wife! Wala kang natatapakan, if ever that's the case."
 
"Talagang sinusubok kami , we just got back together."
 
"Kimmy, ganyan talaga. You just have to be patient."
 
Kim joined Maya to lunch before she went home. She reached home an hour after but Gerald isn't home yet. She waited for him until dinner. She called him when he isn't home yet for dinner but he left his phone when she heard it ringing. She checked his phone and aside from her message earlier for him, there's another message from "babe" that says "Baby, why aren't you answering my calls? I miss you so much!"
 
Kim closed her eyes after reading the message. She keeps thinking of it and she's already hurting inside even if she haven't confirmed that yet.
 
Kim was about to eat dinner alone when she heard the main door opened and it was Gerald.
 
"Honey, I am so sorry. We extended sa meeting, I was about to call you earlier just to find out, I left my phone here." he kissed her top.
 
"Did you eat?"
 
He nodded.
 
"Sige na, mag-shower ka muna at kakain ako."
 
Gerald took the seat beside her. "Pero, parang gusto ko ata ulit kumain. hmmmm, masarap ito!" he started putting some food on his plate. 
 
"Ge, okay lang naman kahit wag ka ng kumain."
 
"Ano? Kakain ako kasi masarap ang luto ng misis ko!"
 
She smiled. "Bahala ka nga."
She knew, he's doing that to make her feel okay.
 
After eating, they are both ready on bed. Tired as he was, he immediately went to sleep when his body touched the bed. Kim on the other hand keeps thinking about his mystery caller.
 
The next day, Kim got up early to cook for breakfast. She was about to go upstairs to call Gerald to eat when the telephone rang. She went down from the two steps she made and answered the land line. 
 
"Hi babe, why aren't you answering my calls? Good thing, was able to contact you here."
 
Kim didn't answer.
 
"Hey, what's up baby?"
 
Kim was still on the phone when Gerald was on his way down the stairs and saw her on the phone. When she saw him, she signaled to go and get the phone, Gerald went near her and whispered. "Sino daw?"
 
Kim walked towards the kitchen while she said it in a loud tone. "Ewan ko, babe naman daw!"
 
Gerald talked to the girl on the other line for a minute and went to find Kim in the kitchen.
 
 
"Honey...." Gerald hugged her from behind while she is doing the dishes, she used earlier."
 
"Ge, may ginagawa ako. Wag kang magulo." Obviously, Kim is mad. 
 
"Look, that girl is not my girlfriend or something."
 
She turned to look at him and broke the hug. He followed her in the dining table.
 
"Kimmy, please listen to me."
 
She stopped walking. "Sige! sabihin mo na lahat! Baka marami ka pang sekretong tinatago diyan."
 
"Honey, believe me, wala lang yun."
 
"Really? Can you promise me to answer my questions honestly?"
 
He nodded. 
 
"Do you have an unfinished business with that girl?"
 
"I thought, it's just nothing! Akala ko pagkakaibigan lang ang gusto niya. I didn't know she considers that as an official relationship."
 
"And you call each other babe?"
 
"She calls me that, I never called her that!"
 
"Really? Gerald hindi naman ako tanga, nakaregister sa contacts mo ang "babe"! "
 
"She did that!"
 
"Fine! at ginusto mo naman, kasi you didn't delete that or kahit pinalitan man lang."
 
"Kim, if the issue here is that term of endearment, we can call the same
for a friend. It's not as if a big deal!"
 
"Oh come on Gerald, you know I am not that kind of person. Hindi ako ganun kababaw! The issue here is you have an unfinished business!"
 
"Honey, I will fix that! Just give me
some time."
 
"Gerald, ang ayaw ko sa lahat yung may kahati. Why didn't you tell me about her?"
 
"'Cause I thought it's over!"
 
"Pero hindi ba dapat, inayos at sinigurado mo?"
 
She walked towards the stairs and went up, Gerald followed her.
 
"What are you doing?"
 
"Packing my things."
 
"And where do you think you're going huh?"
 
"Away from you!"
 
"Kim, you've always been doing this. Walking away isn't the solution."
 
"And what do you think is the right thing to do? Ayoko ng pagpasok ko sa bahay, meron palang babae sa kama natin o sa sofa."
 
"Kim, that won't happen."
 
"Ge, ayusin mo muna ang lahat! You know I love you, but i don't want to go with the flow and put into a sitution na nakikipag-away ako sa isang babae. Does she even know you're married?"
 
He shook his head.
 
"See? she doesn't know! All she knew right now is that she has a lover boy, whom she can call anytime and the like. What was that?"
 
"Hey, I will go and talk to her right now! Tell her I have a wife whom
I only love and she has to get over it. We can go on with our life after that and live as normal couple."
 
Kim repeatedly shook her head.
"Hindi yun ganun kadali."
 
"Just don't leave Kim! Bakit ba lagi ka na lang nang-iiwan pag may mga ganitong problema tayo?"
 
She looked at him and held his face. "Hindi naman kita iniiwan, just fix everything, Okay? I will always be here."  She put her right hand to where his heart is. " I think it's not the right time for us yet."
 
Painful but he agreed and let her go.
 
Kim went away to think, to just relax and try to be happy. She would definitely go back to Gerald when it's the right time. After a week, she went home to the Philippines and went back to work.