Chapter 31

Love is Patient

The next day, still on bed, feeling ecstatic.

 
"What are you thinking?" Gerald held her chin and made her look up to him.
 
Kim shook her head.
 
"Come on honey, tell me!" 
 
"I just wanted to hear it from you, you keep saying you miss everything about me. Hindi ko pa naririnig ang gusto kong madinig."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Ge, I know you know what is it."
 
Gerald giggled and hugged her tighter. "Didn't you feel it?"
 
"E iba pa rin kapag nadinig ko, pag nadinig ko yun, i need no more explanations."
 
He looked into her eyes, their faces-- an inch away. "I love you, Kim! I never stopped loving you, I will love you everyday until forever!"
 
Kim smiled and kissed him. "I love you  too Ge."
 
"Honey, don't cry please..." he wiped her tears away.
 
"I never imagined, this is going to come too soon. Akala ko matatagalan pa ang ganito."
 
"Look, I am sorry for making you sad, sorry for putting you in such situation. Hayaan mo, babawi ako sa'yo."
 
"You need not to."
 
He kissed her again.
 
"Ge, bangon na. I will cook downstairs, maligo ka muna okay?"
 
"Sandali lang naman, dito ka muna."
 
"Aren't you hungry yet? saka iinom ka pa ng gamot mo."
 
"Hmmm, 5 more minutes please!" 
He's still hugging her.
 
"Sige na nga."
 
Both went to shower, Ge cooked breakfast for them. 
 
"Halika na! breakfast is ready my princess!" he led her to her seat.
 
"Ha? di ba dapat ako ang magluluto? Baka mabinat ka nyan."
 
"Iba na starting today honey, ako naman ang magsisilbi sa'yo." he put food on her plate.
 
"Are you sure? patingin nga, magaling ka na ba talaga?" she held his face, his shoulders and arms, like doing a physical assessment.
 
Gerald stole a quick kiss while she does that. 
 
"Ano ka ba?"she lightly slapped his arm.
 
"See, sabi sa'yo magaling na po ako."
 
"Oo na nga po, naniniwala na. But it's not an excuse for you not to take your medications anymore, alright?"
 
"Alright doc!"
 
Kim giggled and they started to eat.
 
"Siya nga pala, how about your work?"
 
"I should be working again after 2 more weeks."
 
"That's too soon, aren't you allowed to work here again?"
 
"I can go on duty here, while i am here."
 
"Gusto mo bang umuwi na tayo ng Pinas?"
 
"Ge, ikaw ang bahala. What are you up to lately?"
 
"I have a small business in New Jersey, kaya hindi ako pwedeng umalis. But if you really wanted to go home, aayusin ko para makauwi na tayo sa Pinas ha?"
 
"Hindi, okay naman magrequest ako for another year na dito muna ako magtrabaho."
 
"Kim, I can take care of everything. Kumikita naman ang business ko ngayon, saka yung firm sa Pinas, ako pa rin naman ang may-ari doon. That's more than enough for us."
 
"Ge, I really appreciate that but I wanted to enjoy this profession hanggang sa pwede pa, kase pag nagka-anak na tayo, gusto ko aalagaan ko na lang kayo ng mga anak natin."
 
Gerald smiled. "Basta, kapag pagod ka nang magtrabaho, okay lang. Ako na ang bahala sa lahat. okay ba yun?"
 
Kim nodded. "Okay na okay!"
 
When suddenly, Kim phone rang.
 
"Hello?"
 
Gerald looked at her while she talks to whomever is on the other line.
 
"Phillip? is that you?"
 
The more attentive Gerald becomes when he heard that it's a guy whom his wife talks to.
 
Kim anticipated this so she put the phone into loud speaker.
 
"Kim, yeah! this is Phillip. How are you doing pretty?"
 
She giggled. "I am doing good buddy! Why did you call?"
 
"You know what, I am here in California right now and I'd like to see you if you're around. You went home to the Philippines already?"
 
Kim looked at Gerald. She saw the creases on his forehead. She touched his face, Gerald got her hand and put it on his lips and kissed it. Kim smiled at him and continued to talk to Phillip.
 
"I did! but with a very important reason, I went back. So yeah! I am here in California."
 
"Sounds great! So will I see you this afternoon for a quick snack? I am here only until tonight."
 
"That quick?"
 
"Yes, got something from a friend and i need to get back to New York tonight."
 
"Okay, Phillip! I will see you this afternoon."
 
"Great! same place huh!"
 
"Alright, will be there bro!"
 
Gerald with his questioning look, pouted.
 
"What the hell is that? did you just say yes on a date honey?"
 
Kim laughed. "Honey, Phillip is a colleague. He's just being friendly."
 
"Yeah right! Kim, sa tinig niya, may gusto yun sa'yo."
 
"Ge, don't make things complicated. We're just friends who'd meet up and catch up."
 
"And where did you meet him?"
 
"At the hospital, he is a surgeon too!"
 
"So, mas gusto mo na ngayon ang doctor kasalo sa merienda."
 
"Hey! what are you talking about? Of course not!"
 
"Really? You just agreed to go on a snack with a guy."
 
Alright, point taken Mr. seloso. You can come with me, if you want. Para hindi ka na nagseselos selos diyan."
 
"I am not jealous!"
 
"Yeah, right! I know you too well! Mula ulo hanggang paa, alam na alam ko na."
 
"Okay, fine! Ano naman kung nagseselos ako?"
 
Kim went near him, she sat on his lap. "To whom did I made love last night?"
 
"To me."
 
"good boy! that's my answer." she caressed his face lovingly.
 
"Answer to what?"
 
"Hay, ewan ko sa'yo Mr. Anderson." she stood up and started cleaning up.
 
Gerald held her hand and stopped her. He stood up and hugged her. "Sige na nga, papayag na akong makipagkita ka dyan sa doctor na yan. Basta maximum of two hours lang. You need to get home after that."
 
"Whaaat? are you serious? Talo ko pa ang teenager na may curfew."
 
"That's final honey."
 
"Ge naman, don't you trust me?"
 
"I do! pero yung doctor na yun, mahirap pagkatiwalaan."
 
"Hay naku, here's the deal. I will be home before dinner. If I am not home yet when the clock strikes 8pm, you can call the police!"
 
"You are one of a kind, Kim!"
 
"I know! so do we have a deal?"
 
"Only because I trust and love you. Deal!" he kissed her and they both cleaned up.
 
Kim left to meet her friend, at exactly 2 pm. She's on her way home 2 hours after when Gerald called her.
 
"O Ge, may problema ba? Pauwi na ako."
 
"Bakit di mo ako tinawagan? Susunduin kita."
 
"Hindi na, I asked Phillip to drive me home. I wanted you to meet him."
 
"Are you serious honey?"
 
"Do I sound not?" she laughed.
 
"Okay, I will wait for you!"
 
"Alright see you!"
 
After half an hour, Gerald heard the doorbell.
 
He opened the door and saw Kim, and a guy and another girl.
 
"Hey! come in." he kissed Kim, opened the door wider for them.
 
Kim smiled at Gerald and hooked her right hand to his left.
 
"Honey, this is my good friend Phillip and his fiancé Monic."
 
"Are you guys getting married? wow! Congrats!" he grinned with relief.
 
"Yes! As soon as possible!" Phillip laughed.
 
"Do you want anything to drink?"
 
"No, no.. We really have to go ahead. We'll be leaving for New York tonight and we need to pack up." 
 
"Okay, thanks for sending my wife home, safe!"
 
 
When their visitors left, Kim laughed at Gerald's facial expression.
 
"Honey, that's what you get for being so jealous!"
 
"Why didn't you tell me he's engaged?"
 
"Do I need to?"
 
"Hay Kim, you drive me crazy all the time."
 
Kim giggled. "Yan kasi!"
 
"I'm sorry! I didn't know! Kung paano siya mag-aya parang walang fiance!"
 
"Honey, don't be sorry. Sige na, I will take a quick shower and we'll
do what you feel like doing."
 
He smiled naughtily. "Oh! I like that!"
 
"Not that thing, Ge! Maaga pa!"
 
"Sabi mo, anything."
 
"Well, I changed my mind. Anything except what you're thinking."
 
Gerald shook his head. "Iba talaga ang misis ko!"
 
"Let's just watch any movie you'd like to watch, I will be quick." she went upstairs and took a bath. 
 
An hour after, she joined Gerald on the love seat. They cuddle each other while they watch.