Chapter 35

Love is Patient

Kim gave birth to a healthy baby girl, they named her Kyla. Gerald surprised his wife when they went home from the hospital to a new house which he built a year ago, he kept that from everyone, not even did the Andersons knew about this. It's his gift to Kim and their first born.

"Wow, honey it's so beautiful." Kim busied her eyes, looking around as they entered the new house.

"You like it?" Gerald seem to be very nervous.

She looked at him and nodded. "Actually, I love it!"

"This is our new home 'till now on." his arms on her waist as she held baby Kyla.

Kim gave him a grin, Gerald led her to the spacious garden. Before they could get there, a chorus of "WELCOME HOME" greeted them. Her eyes widened. Her family and the Andersons including Kara and JM are there.

"Wow!" she looked at her husband. "You really are fond of surprising me."

Gerald kissed her forehead. "I know, I thought you love surprises?"

She smiled. "I do."

"You tired yet?"

"Thought not a pefect time to feel tired when you get these lovely visitors in your new home."

He laughed. "OUR home."

She nodded. After everyone hugged the new mom and kissed baby Kyla, Gerald got baby Kyla from her and gave it to the nanny.

"She got a big room upstairs, don't worry, we'll see her later."

Kim smiled politely at the nanny and nodded. "Take care of her." the nanny smiled back and took Kyla with her.

 

Almost 3 in the afternoon when all of the visitors left. Kim is already exhausted but is obviously happy.

"As much as I wanted to tour you around and show you how beautiful our home has become, I know you're tired. Come let's go and get you some rest." Gerald's right arm is around Kim's shoulders.

"I wanted to see Kyla first."

"Alright then, I know she missed Mommy and Daddy." they smiled at each other and headed upstairs. 

The nursery is opposite to their bedroom. Kim fed baby Kyla while Gerald watch her feed their daughter. After an hour, they kissed baby Kyla, gave her to her nanny and headed to their bedroom.

"Wow honey, this is huge! and....perfect!"

Gerald smiled. "I'm glad you liked it."

"Thnk you!"

"For what?"
 

"For everything."
 

"Honey, whatever that will make you and our daughter happy.."

"I know, I feel so lucky!"

"I am a lucky husband too." he kissed her forehead. "Hey, I know you wanted to talk bout our home, our daughter and everyone but I wanted you to rest for now. We can do that later. Okay?"

She nodded. Gerald pulled and laid her on bed. Put the sheets over her, laid down beside her with his head resting on his elbow.

"Sleep my love!" he kissed her forehead, she closed her eyes and not so long when she doze off.
 
 
Kim is still feeling groggy when she felt his hands tapping her shoulder, with his lips whispering on her ear.."Wake up sleepyhead.Dinner's ready."
She opened her eyes slowly and turned to face Gerald. "You slept well?"
 
Kim smiled and gave him a smack. To his surprise, his eyes widened and smiled naughtily. "So sweet of my wife!"
 
She giggled. "Thought dinner's ready?"
 
"Yes it is. But I think I wanted another dinner right here." he moved on her top and they're now facing each other, Kim beneath him.
 
"Ge, I just gave birth!" she scolded him.
 
"We can do some alternatives my love." he still wears his naughty smile.
 
"But our baby needs some dinner too!"
 
"You always got excuses, don't you?"
 
She giggles once more. "Honey,hope you're doing what the doctor said?"
 
Gerald sighed. "Alright! No until your wound heals."
 
Kim laughed. "That won't take long."
 
"I know, come let's feed Kyla and I am going to feed you after." he winked.
 
 
 
Three months after and Kim's doing great as a mom and wife. Gerald went back to work. Kim decided to stay home as a hands on mom.
 
"What?" Gerald caught Kim looking at him.
 
She blushed and smiled. "Nothing, I just can't believe, everything that has happened and is happening."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"I mean, when I got pregnant, I am just alone,doing everything for myself. All the chores, all errands I have to do it alone.But now..."
 
Gerald held her by waist. "Honey, don't ever think of being alone again, we'll do this together! I told you this several times, did I?"
 
She nodded."and now this.." she looked around. "A new huge home."
 
"Kim,I told you anything that will make you happy. And don't you ever think of being alone again. 'Cause I am not going to leave you anymore, yes?"
 
"Yes. Thank you Gerald. I don't know where and what have happened to me and Kyla if we're alone."
 
"It's my pleasure my love. I love you, I always will!"
 
"I love you too Ge." she kissed her gently, he deepen the kiss that turned out to be a pasionate one.
 
 
 
"Hon, guess what?"
 
"What?"
 
"Nag-propose na si JM kay Kara." she gave out a wide grin.
 
"Wow! atlast!"
 
"Wala ka bang idea about this? I mean he didn't tell you?"
 
He smiled guiltily.
 
"I knew it! you hid it from me."
 
"Hey, I promised JM I won't tell anyone."
 
"I understand. I am just so happy for both of them."
 
"Me too, Kara called?"
 
"Yes, their engagement party would be next Saturday."
 
"And?"
 
"We need to be there, or else Kara will disown me as a friend."
 
Gerald laughed. "I know, of course we'll be there." before she can stand, he got her by waist and pulled her on his lap.
 
"Honey..."
 
"No, stay hon. You've been trying to give excuses the past days, I need some lovin'..I need ny wife."
 
She giggled. "I need to shower yet."
 
"Oh no, please you smell fine to me." he started kissing her neck.
 
"Ge..." she moaned.
 
"Kim, I want you, I need you, I love you.."
 
They made love...