Chapter 8

Love is Patient

"Babe, aren't you going home yet?"

"Bakit? ayaw mo na ba ako dito?"

"Hindi! Ang sinasabi ko lang po, may klase kayo bukas! Syempre para makapag pahinga ka rin." she raised her eyebrows.

"Pwede bang dito na lang ako tonight?" he hugged her and smiled naughtily.

Kim slapped his chest. "Stop that Gerald! Alam mo pag nalaman ito ng magulang ko, lagot ka!" she giggled.

"Hey, we did that because we love each other! and when you told me, we can only do that until we get married, okay ako dun. Ikaw lang naman dyan di ka nakapag pigil!"

"Ako pa ngayon? Sige! Bahala ka dyan, mag-antay ka hanggang makasal tayo!" she stood up.

He's fast that he was able to get her by waist. "Ang baby ko talaga matampuhin." he let her sit on his lap. "No regrets right?" he looked seriously on her eyes.

Kim smiled. "No regrets!"

He kissed her lips. "I love you!"

"I love you too Baby!"

 

Few more days and the result of Kim's board exam is out. She passed the challenge with flying colors. Gerald's the proudest boyfriend upon learning about his girlfriend's achievement. Kim has the same feeling when Gerald graduated few months after.

Kim immediately worked as a Surgeon, Gerald's turn now to review for the BAR Exams. Gerald and Kim would still do the same routine as before. He would drive her to the hospital and would fetch her after her shift. Sometimes, Kim would stay overnight at Gerald's place.

"Babe..."

"Hmmm.."

"When do you want us to get married?" Gerald's still hugging her from behind.

"Huh?" she looked at him.

"Bakit? hindi pa ba ako ang gusto mong makasama habang buhay?"

Kim held his face."Hmmm."

"Ano? so hindi nga ako." Gerald bowed his head and got sad.

"hoy ano ka ba? Niloloko lang kita!"

Gerald looked at her. "Wag mo naman akong lokohin ng ganun, hindi ko kayang isipin na hindi ikaw ang makakasama ko habang buhay." he kissed her top. Kim hugged him.

"Kelan mo nga balak maikasal?" he went back to his earlier question.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Hindi ko alam, wala pa naman kasing nag-aalok sa akin na gusto akong pakasalan!" she smiled.

"Babe, pagkatapos na pagkatapos ko dito sa pag-aabogado ko, magpapakasal na tayo ha?"

"Ang bilis mo naman! Hindi ka pa nga nagbibigay ng singsing." she laughed.

"Bakit ayaw mo pa ba kung aayain na kitang magpakasal?"

Kim just smiled. "Kumukuha ka ata ng idea e? ayokong sagutin! Baka magakaroon ka ng idea!" she giggled.

Gerald smiled and got her to a big and tight hug.

----------

" Baby I know you can do it! Know that whatever this journey may take you, I still love you and forever will I!" she kissed his lips.

Gerald smiled and kissed her forehead. "Don't get stressed sa duty, isipin mo lang ako while taking care of your patients, gagaling sila agad." Kim smiled and nodded.

"Malilate ka na, sige na! I'll see you later!" Gerald hugged her then left.

In the afternoon, Kim waited for Gerald at the hospital. She smiled when she felt an arms wrapped around her. She face him and smiled. "Kamusta ang exam?"

Gerald gave her a smack before he answered."Mas napadali dahil ikaw ang inspirasyon ko."

"Naku! bolero!" he hugged her.

"Babe, I wanted us to live together!"

Kim frowned and waited him to explain."Gusto ko magsama na tayo."

"What? hindi ba araw araw naman tayong magkasama?"

"Oo nga, pero I wanted to wake up each day na ikaw ang katabi ko."

"That's being so fast Gerald, pakasalan mo muna ako!" 

"We'll get married  very soon my love!" he smiled at her.

Kim looked away.

"Babe, after tomorrow, bakante ako ng tatlong buwan while waiting for the results of the exam. That means mas madami akong time for you, another reason why I wanted you to live with me, para maalagaan kita nang husto."

"Gerald, inaalagaan mo naman ako! ramdam ko yun, and I thank you for that! It's just that, pag nagsama na tayo sa iisang bubong, baka magsisi tayo sa huli."

"Anong dapat pagsisihan, ako kahit na anong mangyari, ano man ang nangyari, wala akong pagsisisi doon, ginusto natin yun at anuman ang kalalabasan, handa akong panindigan ka."

Kim just smiled and they went to his place.

"Babe, are you sure you're okay?" he hugged her from behind, both of them are laying on bed.

Kim nodded and held his arms around her.

"May masakit ba sa'yo?" he kissed her cheek and palpated her forehead using his palm.

"Hindi, okay lang ako. Baka napagod lang sa duty."

"Gusto mo bang imasahe kita?" he smiled naughtily.

Kim Giggled. "Hay naku babe, alam ko yang mga style na yan."

Gerald didn't regard her last statement, he kissed her neck voraciously. Kim closed her eyes and moaned. Gerald positioned her for better access of , he kissed her possessively that turned out to be a passionate kiss.