Chapter 4

Love is Patient

A week passed, both Kim and Gerald got very busy with their studies. Gerald went on with the routine of texting her just twice a day. Gerald doesn't have his classes on weekend while for Kim, weekend's her busiest schedule. At her lunch break on Saturday,she tried calling Gerald, Mommy Elena wanted to invite Gerald for a dinner on Sunday.

After 3 rings, Gerald finally picked his phone up. "hello Kim?"

"Ge! busy ka, nakakaistorbo ba ako?"

"Hindi naman, we're at the mall right now!"

"Ha, talaga?" she missed going out with him.

"Yeah! I'm with Lyra."  Lyra is Gerald's 3 year-old niece, the daughter of his Ate Marie. "Ate has to attend a conference sa Tagaytay, since I don't have classes naman, I volunteered to babysit Lyra for today!" he laughed. 

"Wow! you both enjoy!" she can hear Lyra calling "Tita Krizzia" on the other line.

"Kimmy, still there?"

"Ah, oo! ka...kay...kayo lang bang dalawa ni Lyra dyan?" she has a suspicion that they are with someone else.

Gerald looked at Lyra and Krizzia who are chasing at each other happily, while they're waiting for him finish with the call."Ah, We are with Krizzia, a classmate of mine sa Law School." he answered briefly.

"I see, tell Lyra I miss her already!"

"I will! would you want to talk to her?" she heard Lyra shouting at Gerald "Tito!!! whom are you talking to? Tita Krizzia and I will go ahead, we'll wait for you at the resto!"

"Naku, tawag ka na ata!"

"Wait Kim, why did you call?"

"Ah wala, wala yun mangangamusta lang ako." then she ended the call without giving him the chance to talk.

Gerald shook his head and walked towards the resto where Krizzia and Lyra entered a minute earlier.

When the three got seated, Krizzia looked at Gerald and knew something's going on.

"Hoy ha! Baka pagselosan ako nyan!"

Gerald looked at Krizzia. "Binabaan nga ako ng phone when she learned I am with someone other than Lyra."

Krizzia knew about Kim, Gerald was forced to tell everything about him and Kim when they had a truth or dare game. The suppose to be little info he planned to share turned out to be 'everything' about his lovelife.

"Naku! katakot yan! dapat kasi siya ang inimbita mo to join you with your babysitting job." she laughed.

"She has the busiest schedule ng weekend."

"Basta sagot mo ako ha? Sumama lang ako sa'yo dahil naawa ako na mag-isa kang mapapagod sa makulit na batang ito." she pinched both of Lyra's cheeks, the little girl giggled.

"Salamat ha?" he said it with sarcasm.

"Anong salamat? may bayad ito no? Dapat may date ako ngayon sa new boylet ko pero para sa'yo postponed ang date!" she went with the flow.

Gerald shook his head. "You are unbelievable Krizzia!"

"Ito naman, I was just joking, masyado kang serious dyan!"

Gerald's still bothered with how Kim ended the conversation a while ago.He looked at his phone and checked Kim's schedule at his calendar, she'll be out of the university at 4pm today.

After lunch Gerald took Lyra at the playground of the mall, while Krizzia got an emergency call from her mom, so she has to leave.

At 3 pm, Gerald and Lyra left the mall and drove to Kim's university.

Thirty minutes after three, they're already at the parking lot, where she usually would wait for her driver. Gerald paid attention to every individual passing at the place.

Lyra asked Gerald to carry her on his lap so she could see clearly if her Tita Kmmy's approaching.

Fifteen minutes before four, Gerald saw Kara approaching. He opened his door and waved at Kara.

"O Ge! what are you doing here, wow! what a surprise! the cutest little girl I know is also here?" Lyra giggled.

"Si Kim ba nakauwi na o nandyan pa?"

"Susunod na siguro yun, nauna lang ako kasi hahabulin ko ang banko!"

"Ah ganun ba? salamat ha? we'll just wait for her here! Lakad ka na para humabol ka!" he laughed.

Kara went on her way to the gate..

Five minutes before four, Gerald and Lyra has been more attentive so they couldn't miss Kim.

Lyra shouted and went down the car and ran towards Kim when she saw her approaching. Kim was shock. Lyra hugged her legs, she knelt down and look at Gerald who is getting near them. "Hey baby, Tita missed you so much!" she kissed Lyra several times, Lyra hugged her tight then Kim stood up and carried her, they started walking towards Gerald.

Gerald smiled at Kim when they finally just 2 ft apart. Kim smiled back at him while she's still carrying Lyra, with her tiny arms around Kim's neck. "What are you doing here? I thought you are suppose to be enjoying at the mall right now!?"

"Oh well, we changed our mind. We wanted to do that with you, only if you're free now?"

"Ha? how about Krizzia, right?" she looked at the car.

"May emergency call siya after lunch kanina so we're left at the mall."  He looked at Lyra who's playing with Kim's hair. "And I checked for your schedule, until 4pm ka lang today, so we tried our luck if we could invite the prettiest tita in the world to join us at the mall, right Lyra?"

Kim laughed."Bolero!"

Lyra nodded and shouted "the prettiest tita, my tito loves!" and the little girl giggled.

Gerald laughed as well. "See? I told you!" looked at Kim and smiled at her.

"OO na! kayong mag-tito ha, binobola niyo ako!"

Gerald got Lyra from Kim and put his free hand around Kim's shoulder, they walked towards his car. He opened the door for Kim and put Lyra on the back seat.

"Where would Lyra want to go?" Gerald asked her niece.

Kim looked at Lyra who is looking at her. "Where do you want us to go sweety?"

"At the mall!" Lyra clapped her hands and giggled.

They went to the mall, this time with Kim and enjoyed themselves going around and checking the stores.

Before going home, they had their dinner at a Japanese Resto. Lyra was seated beside Kim while Gerald was seated opposite to them.

After eating, Lyra requested to play with her new friend Kyrene, who's at the next table. Gerald agreed. Just after Lyra left with Kyrene, he sat beside Kim. He held Kim's right hand thru his left under the table while waiting for the dessert. Kim just looked at him, Gerald smiled at her, eyes locked and both smiling lovingly at each other. Gerald kissed her hand still intertwined with his left. Kim smiled and thought "Will he be asking the question again? Oh my Lord! I will definitely say yes this time."

But Gerald hasn't asked the question she wanted him to ask her, rather he asked her about  why she called a while ago.

"Wala nga! kakamustahin lang sana kita!" Kim lied.

Gerald didn't remove their hands yet! he's still holding her. "Are you sure?" He neared his face to her face."

Kim blushed which made Gerald smile. "Alam mo halata ka talaga kapag di ka nagsasabi ng totoo."

Kim giggled. "I called because Mom wanted to invite you for dinner tomorrow!"

"E bakit di mo sinabi kanina?"

"E kase po, busy kayo!"

"Is that it Ms. Chiu?"

Kim held his face for him not to go closer. She nodded. "that's it Mr!" she moved her face away."Ano nga? pwede ka ba for dinner bukas?" She looked to where Lyra and Kyrene are playing.

Gerald let her face him again. "Ako ang kausap mo di ba? bakit di ka sa akin tumingin ha?" he .

"Hay naku Gerald! tigilan mo ako ha!"

Gerald laughed. "Kimmy, I am sorry I cannot make it tomorrow, maybe some other time! May overnight stay kami kina Romel, a classmate, to work sa aming case study.We need to finish that until Monday."

Kim looked at him and nodded." I understand, and I'm sure Mommy will!" she smiled.

"Babawi ako kay tita kapag maluwag na schedule ko."

Kim smiled again. "Basta galingan mo lang sa ginagawa mo!"

"I will, for you!" Gerald looked at her seriously.

Kim smiled and looked at the waiter who has just arrive to serve their dessert.

"Save by the waiter ka ha?" Gerald !

Kim giggled and called Lyra to eat their dessert.