Chapter 22

Love is Patient

After putting all the things that she needs, she walked into the main door and is ready to leave. Gerald's on his bended knees trying to stop her but she didn't. She totally walked out of the door and a minute after, she's gone!

Gerald tried calling her but she never answered any call from him. He went to all possible places she might go to, but he didn't see her. Kim filed a month off from work to avoid him. Gerald's life's a mess since she left him. He wanted to just die but he can't. He has a pending responsibility to Sandra's baby, an unfinished business with Kim. He has to get her back, he can't die yet!

He never gave up on Kim even if he stopped chasing after her, a week after. Kim with the thought that Gerald is damn tired of chasing games, she went back to work.

JM told Gerald that Kim's back to work. He immediately planned to visit her the next day. He took his chance and waited for her at the hospital lobby. At her usual time out, she went out of the operating room and headed to the lobby at exactly 3pm. She saw Gerald and automatically walked fast to avoid him. Gerald ran after her.

"Kim, please! I need to talk to you."

"Gerald, umalis ka na. Ayokong makipag-usap sa iyo."

"Just a minute Kim, pagkatapos nito hindi na kita aabalahin."

She stopped and shook her head. "Wala na tayong dapat pag-usapan pa. Pag nagpumilit at nakita pa kita dito o kahit saan man ako, mapipilitan akong magfile ng annulment."

"Please don't do that! I understand. Sige, simula ngayon hindi na kita guguluhin. But when you're ready to talk to me, alam mo kung saan ako hahanapin." He tried holding her hand but he wasn't able to. "Kim, mag-iingat ka, hindi ko mapapatawad ang sarili ko kapag may nangyari sa iyong masama. I will never give up on you, 'cause I love you!" After saying that, he left.

Kim cried after he had left. She knew she loves and will always love him but it couldn't be that easy to get back together and live, like nothing happened.

She tried to move on and be happy. She found a company with the new physician assigned on their group. Andrew is a gentleman, at first he is a mysterious guy for Kim, for he doesn't want to share a lot of infos to her. But they became close, he tried courting her, without her even knowing. Andrew knew about Gerald. Kim has been very honest to him, and he didn't say bad things about Gerald upon knowing the story.

Gerald on the other hand, is updated as to what's happening with Kim. He would sometimes ask Kara or JM about Kim. He knew, Kim's happy with Andrew's company. He'd love to be on Andrew's position, to make her happy everyday, whenever she's sad and whenever he has the chance to. But things aren't agreeing to that idea anymore. He has to give her the space and time she needed. He's hoping that someday somehow, she'll be ready to talk to him and forgive him.

Few more months, Sandra gave birth to a healthy baby girl. The day when the DNA result was out, was the day when Sandra told him about her heavy baggage. Gerald is not the father! She confirmed that. She set him up the night when he was so drunk to be able to give him the responsibility. Sandra is 2 months pregnant that night when she saw Gerald at the bar. She was at the bar because that same night when she told her ex-boyfriend, the real dad of her child that she's pregnant, the guy broke up with her and wouldn't want her to keep the baby.

She got a perfect opportunity when she saw Gerald that night. She burst out into tears when she narrated the story to Gerald.

"I'm sorry Gerald, nasira ko pa ang relasyon ninyo ng asawa mo."

"Sandra, naiintindihan kita. Gago at walang paninindigan ang lalaking iyon. He didn't know what he has lost. A cute little angel!" he's holding Sandra's baby.

"Gerald, gagawin ko ang tama. Ayokong tuluyang mawala sa iyo si Kim. Kakausapin ko siya."

"Sandra, hindi naman na siguro kailangn, ang gusto ko lang masaya siya! Sa nakikita ko ngayon, masaya naman siya."

"Pero..."

"Huwag ka ng magpumilit, gutom na ang baby oh..." he danced with the baby to stop her from crying.

"You'll make a good father someday." she smiled at him.

"Sandra, hindi ko kayo pababayaan ni baby, ano pa't magkaibigan tayo?"


"Okay lang kami Ge, maghahanap na ako ng trabaho para suportahan ang anak ko."

"Pero hanggang sa magkaroon ka ng trabaho, hayaan mong tulungan kita. Huwag kang mag-alala utang ito!" he laughed.

"Sige, huwag mo lang akong singilin muna ngayon, magbabayad ako pangako."

"Binibiro lang kita. Basta huwag kang mag-alala, tutulungan ko kayo."

"Maraming salamat Gerald, napakabuti mong tao."

"Walang kaso yun Sandra, huwag mo na lang masyadong iisipin ang lalaking nang-iwan sa inyo. Makakahanap ka rin ng magmamahal hindi lang sa iyo kung hindi pati sa anak mo."

"Sana nga, okay na rin ako na kami lang ng anak ko. Mas masakit kasi kapag maulit lang ang nangyari noon."

"Huwag kang matakot masaktan, sa huli, magiging kaligayahan lahat yan."

Sandra admires his positive spirit. He is definitely a good man.