Chapter 17

Love is Patient

 

When they got inside his office, they both sat on the sofa.

"Continue what you're doing, I can sit right here and wait until you're done." she smiled at him.

 "No honey, i will just have to wait for one more document to sign and I'm done. Habang inaantay natin, samahan kita dito." he hugged her from the side while they're sitting on the sofa.

When he's done with the document, they decided to have their lunch. When they reached the ground floor lobby, Kim asked him to get his car and wait for her at the main entrance.

"why? where are you going?" Gerald confusedly asked.

"I just have to get something sa may guard."

"What is it? samahan na kita."

"No, okay na! ako na lang." She knew he'll get mad at the guard if he'll learn about her id asked by the security when she entered the building.

"Samahan na kita, I called the driver and asked him to park the car sa main entrance."

Kim sighed and gave up. "Okay."

When they reached the guard. Kim smiled. "Sir, lalabas na po kami. Okay na po bang kunin ang id ko?" she asked politely.

Gerald frowned, upon hearing what she said. The guard greeted him when he saw Gerald with Kim.

"Gino? bakit kailangang kuhanan pa ang asawa ko ng id bago pumasok?"

Kim got her id from guard Gino and held Gerald's arm.

"Sorry sir, di ko po alam na asawa niyo pala si Ma'am."

"Ge, please stop it! Tapos na, okay na. Wag mo naman pagalitan lahat ng empleyado mo dahil lang sa di nila ako kilalang asawa mo."

Gerald looked at Kim and sighed. "alright! alright! basta next time Gino, kikilalanin mo sino ang hinihingan mo ng id bago papasukin ha. I know you're just doing your job, pero next time na mangyari pa ito, di ka na makakalusot ha?"

"Opo sir, sorry Ma'am."

"No, it's okay." Kim held his right hand and pulled him. "Hon, let's go."

They walked away from the guard and went to the main entrance where their ride's waiting. While they're inside the car, sitting next to each other at the back seat. Gerald wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"Hon, sorry. Dapat kase pinakilala kita sa mga empleyado ng kompanya para.."

He didn't finish what he's saying 'cause he's cut by her.

"Ssshh, walang kaso saken yun, don't mind it." she smiled at him.

He kissed her temple and hugged her.

"Ang sweet naman ng asawa ko." Kim giggled as she .

Gerald looked at her lovingly and whispered "I love you" in her right ear.

After their lunch, Gerald decided not to come back to his office, instead spend the rest of the afternoon with Kim.

 

Few more days and Kim went back to the hospital. Same routine everyday-- he would drive her to the hospital and fetch her at 4 in the afternoon and they would drive home or go somewhere for dinner. Kim enjoyed the life she has with Gerald, she can't imagine herself without him.

Both are ready to start a family, a big happy family. Gerald enjoys their time together,as he always teases Kim about his favorite part of their marriage --their love making session. They'd love and excited to have their own kids very soon that's why they never skipped a night to do it, to be able to finally target the goal--make Kim pregnant!

 

Kim's last day on duty then it'll be her week off. Gerald received an emergency call from the hospital. Kara's on the other line, he skipped a trial because of the call he received. His wife is in the emergency room, Kim fainted 30 minutes ago and is still unconscious. He rushed to the hospital and was guided by the ER nurse to Kim's bed. he saw Kara and another doctor when he reached Kim's bed.

"Kara, what happened?"

"Ge, nawalan siya ng malay nung tumayo galing sa 3 hours lecture sa conference room."

"Anong results ng mga tests sa kanya?"

"Negative lahat kahit sa pregnancy test Ge, over fatigue lang. Masyadong napagod kaya she needs some rest, kahit pa sa night duty nya wag muna ha?" kara laughed after saying that.

Gerald smiled but is still worried about his wife.

"Is she going to wake up soon? Kelangan bang iconfine?"

Dr. Lirma shook her head. "No Gerald, iuwi mo na siya paggising nya para mas makapagpahinga kung sa bahay na lang muna siya, anyways she's off the whole week, she all have the time to rest."

"thanks doc."

Dr Lirma and Kara left them. Gerald held her hand and waited for her to wake up.

When she woke up, he took her home.