Chapter 20

Love is Patient

Kim knew something's bothering her husband.. After taking shower, she joined Gerald on bed.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

Gerald looked at her and shook his head. "Nothing."

he kissed her forehead. "Matulog na tayo?"

Kim nodded and both laid down.

The next morning Gerald left early. Kim's still sleeping so he just left a note for her.

Kim tried calling him when she woke up but he isn't answering his phone. "Hay Ge, what's bothering you?"

She waited for Gerald until midnight but he isn't home yet. The whole day he didn't call nor text her. Kim fell asleep on the sofa while waiting for him and it took him until the next day before calling Kim. Kim is inside the bathroom preparing for work when he called so she wasn't able to answer his call. Gerald didn't come home that night. After 3 attempts, he decided to just send her a message. "Honey, sorry for not calling to tell you I can't come home last night, dumiretso na ako sa office, hope you won't mind taking your car with you to work. We'll talk later, i'll fetch you. Take care!"

Kim checked her phone when she was about to go out of the house and when she reached the hospital she replied. "Hope all is well honey. I love you! see you later!"

Gerald's already at the hospital lobby at 2:30 pm. He waited for Kim until 3. When he saw Kim coming he immediately walked towards her. He gave her a smack. "Hi honey!"

Kim smiled. Gerald's right was already around her shoulders. "Bakit ka hindi umuwi kagabi?"

"I'm sorry honey, met this long time friend,  nagkayayaan at nagkainuman kaya hindi na nakauwi. My phone got empty so wasn't able to call you." he kissed her forehead.

"Sinong kaibigan ba yan?"

Gerald almost bit his tongue. "Aaaa ee yung kakilala ko na noon pa."

"Honey oo nga, I am asking for the name." They started walking.

"Kim, basta a long time friend. For sure ayaw nun na sabihin ko ang pangalan niya."

Kim looked at him with questioning look. "Okay."

"Where would you want to eat?"

"Hmmmm, anywhere basta ikaw ang kasama kong kumain."

"Alright,let's go!"

Gerald has been extra sweet to Kim during their meal. They decided to eat light snack at a resto near the hospital then went home.

The next day, routine went back to normal. Gerald drove her to work.

While having a 2 hours break before going into another operation, Kara and Kim talked about Gerald in the doctor's lounge.

"Bakit daw hindi umuwi?"

"Nagkita daw sila ng long time friend." 

Kara raised her left eyebrow. "Long time friend? Sino daw?"

"He didn't give the name, basta daw long time friend."

"And you're okay with that Kimmy? Pano kung babae ang long time friend?"

"Kara, don't give me ideas. May tiwala ako kay Gerald."

"Nandun na tayo, pero lalaki yan! Babae ang kahinaan."

"Not Gerald, Kara."

"You sure?  Nadala lang siguro ako sa istorya ng pinanood kong teleserye. Masayang mag-asawa tapos may dumating na babae, natapos ang lahat ng ganun ganun lang." She's shaking her head while narrating the story of her favorite teleserye.

"Huwag ka kasi nagpapapanood ng teleserye sa gabi, kung ano anong naiisip mo e!

"Just saying. Possible naman lahat hindi ba?"

Kim nodded. "Oo."

"But don't take that seriously, naishare ko lang naman ang kwento ng napanood ko."

Kim smiled and stood up. "Halika na nga, prepare for the next operation."

"Yes doc." Kara laughed as she .

"Baliw!" Kim walked out of the door and went to the Operating room.

After their shift, Kim and Kara had a girl bonding while waiting for their boys. Gerald ang JM  has to work overtime so the two girls decided to unwind.