Chapter 18

Love is Patient

Kim is still sleeping when Gerald entered their room with a tray of foods for their dinner.He went back to the kitchen to get another tray and when he got back to their room, Kim is already sitting on bed, smiling at him.

"You shouldn't be bringing the kitchen here honey."

"Kamusta ang pakiramdam mo?"

"Better! thanks hon."

"Sabe ni Dr. Lirma, kailangan mong magpahinga. Sorry hon, napagod ata kita sa gabi gabi nating overtime para makabuo ng baby."

Kim laughed. "Hindi ka naman kase nakukuntento sa isang round." she giggled again.

"Oh please, don't remind me honey! Baka magkasakit ka ulit at hindi ako makapag-pigil. You are so irresistible!"

"O hinay hinay muna hon, bawal nga akong mapagod muna di ba?" she .

"humanda ka sa akin pag gumaling ka na at pwede na ulit kitang pagsamantalahan."

Kim giggled. "Natatakot naman ako hon."

He sat beside her and kissed her temple. "For now, kumain ka muna para lumakas ka. Kailangan mong gumaling agad."

"Thanks Hon, please join me! ang dami nito hindi ko mauubos."

Gerald joined her for dinner in bed, he cleaned up after and put her to bed to rest again. When he's done with the chores, he took a quick shower and laid down beside her. He hugged her and they both went to sleep.

 

During daytime, when Gerald has to attend to the trials of his client, Kim would stay at home. When he comes home in the afternoon, he would cook their food for dinner. he wouldn't let Kim do the household chores, he'd love to serve her and make her like a princess. It's weekend and it's 2 days before Kim would need to get back to duty, she's totally well and able.He surprised her with a special dinner on Saturday and took her to a relaxing place where they spent the night together,making up with the days they haven't been so intimate as the usual nights they had, before Kim got sick.

On a Sunday morning, both woke up happy and contented. Love is overflowing! They can't seem to imagine their world without each other. After lunch, they headed home. They reached home before evening and was very tired that after taking a shower, they immediately went to sleep,

Monday morning, everything went to normal. Kim went back to the hospital and started the day with an emergency operation. Gerald on the other hand, stayed at his office and studied his client's case for an upcoming hearing.

As she promised him, she took advantage of her free time at the hospital to take as much rest as she could.At 2 in the afternoon of that day, Kim's done with her hospital duty.She would just have to wait for 4 Pm for Gerald to fetch him.

 

The next few days has been as the usual days. One Saturday morning, Kim has to go to the hospital for an emergency operation.  the medical director called her early in the morning and she assured them that she's joining the medical team with this emergency operation. She asked gerald to drive her to the hospital just after she got the call.

 

12 noon when the operation ended successfully. A 27-year old mother who has a heart problem delivered a healthy baby girl via Emergency CS.

When she got out of the operating room, she suddenly got emotional. She'd love to be on the patient's condition, not the one to have survived a critical condition but a mother who'd have a baby, whom she'll take care and love for the rest of her life.

It's been a while now since she and Gerald tried to have their own baby, but they aren't successful yet.

She was still quiet when Gerald fetch her, until they arrived home. Gerald assumed she's just tired of the operation but when it's dinner time and Kim seems to be bothered, he sat beside her on bed and kissed her right cheek.

"May problema ba?"

Kim looked at him and shook her head. "Matulog na tayo."

"are you sure?"

She nodded and laid down.

Gerald laid down beside her and hugged her from behind. "Hon, anuman ang gumugulo sa isip mo, pwede mong sabihin sa akin, wag mong solohin."

Kim sighed and faced him.

"Bakit ka umiiyak?" he wiped her tears using the back of his hands.

"Bakit hindi pa tayo nakakabuo?"

"Hon, darating din tayo dyan. Siguro nga hindi pa time, kaya hindi pa Niya maibigay sa atin ang hinihiling natin sa kanya."

"Bakit ang tagal?"

"sssh, may mga bagay na hindi pwedeng madaliin. We just have to wait patiently my love." he kissed her temple.

"Baka naman may problema sa akin? Kaya di tayo magkaroon ng anak."

"Too early to say Kimmy, hayaan mo. Para sa ikagagaan ng loob mo, we can consult to the experts. okay?"

Kim nodded and hugged him. "Naisip ko lang kasi baka hindi kita kayang bigyan ng anak."

"Ssssshh,, wag ka munang mag-iisip ng ganyan.Okay naman kahit tayong dalawa muna di ba? Ayaw mo ba nun masosolo mo ako?"

Kim smiled.

"Ganyan dapat, mas maganda kapag nakangiti ka lagi. halika nga dito."

He took her into a big tight hug..