Chapter 16

Love is Patient

When Kim is on her way out of the hospital, Kara is also on her way out. 

"Kimmy!" Kim looked behind her and saw Kara. She smiled and Gave Kara a beso.

"So what's your decision? Can we talk about that over merienda date?"

Kim nodded and smiled. "Hindi ka ba susunduin ni JM?"

Kara laughed. "Is that an intriguing question or an innocent query?"

Kim laughed. "It's your pick! Bahala ka paano mo iti-take yang tanong, basta sagutin mo."

"Mamaya pa yun. In time when we're done with our date!"

Kim smiled."Okay then, let's go."

While eating, Kara started with the agenda. "Ano ang decision mo? are you going back to the states?"

Kim laughed. "You know my decision!"

"Malay ko kung nabago."

"Hey! When I told you Ge's the only reason na makakapag-stay sa akin dito for good, I mean it! "

"I admire you for being true to your words. Saka as if papayagan ka ng asawa mong iwan siya."

"And with that decision I made, it only means that I have to be back to work soon. Gerald is very supportive of me, sa mga gusto kong gawin." Kim proudly smiled.

"I can see you're happy!"

"It's because of my husband Kara."

Kara smiled. "I wanted to be like you someday, happy with your life!"

"Hindi ka ba happy? I'm sure JM will give that happiness you deserve!" she . Kara laughed.

"Here we go again."

"Kara i wanted you to be happy too. Mabait si JM, I'm telling you this,not because he is Gerald's cousin but I've known him so well that I know, he is a good man, and will make a good husband."

Kara smiled. "Speaking of the devil."

Kim looked at the man entering the resto.

"Should I leave now?" Kim asked Kara.

"Of course not! "

As JM approached their table, he gave both a beso.

"I think I need to go."

"Kim, you can join us here."

"I wanted to give you the time alone, saka baka pauwi na rin si Gerald, I need to get home."

JM smiled. "Thanks Kim, do you need a ride?"

"Oh no, please you have to stay here and enjoy each other.May dala akong sasakyan."

"Mag-ingat ka! I'll see you soon." Kara gave her a hug and a kiss and she left.

When she got home, Gerald is already there. She smiled at him and gave him a smack. "Hey hon."

Gerald smiled. "Saan ka galing? I thought you're just going to talk to the hospital's director?"

Kim sat beside him. "I saw Kara after, so we had our merienda date."

"Talaga? Gusto ko pa namang ikaw ang aking merienda date,that's why I'm home early."

Kim giggled. "We can have our merienda! I am game with that!"

"Really?" He smiled naughtily.

"Teka, ano bang merienda ang gusto mo?"

Gerald smiled. "I bet you know what I mean my love!"

"Ge, maaga pa! Wag mo akong hiritan ng merienda."

Gerald laughed. "Pagod sa trabaho ang mister mo, wala man lang bang pang pawala ng stress dyan?"

Kim giggled." Gutom lang yan hon, sandali. Will make you a sandwich."

She stood up and went to the kitchen. Gerald shook his head and smiled as he watch Kim walking away.

The next day Gerald left home early, Kim is still asleep so he just left a note on the side table.

When she read the note that says. "Don't want to wake you up, I know I have to be blame for tiring you last night, I'll see you at lunch later! I will be waiting for your call as soon as you read this. I love you! -Gerald"

She called Gerald immediately.

"Honey! How's your sleep?"

Kim smiled before she answered. "I was a bit worried when I didn't see you beside me. I thought you left me forever."

"Kim please don't say that nor ever think of that again. I love you so much that I am not going to leave you." 

"I know! i Know! I'll see you at lunch honey!"

"Can't wait, will fetch you there!"

"Naku hindi na, ako na ang pupunta sa office mo mamaya ha?"

"Are you sure?"

"Opo! "

"Alright, will see you then my love! Mag-ingat ka."

When Kim reached the building to where his office is, a guard approached her before she could enter. "Hi Ma'am, may id po ba kayo?"

Kim smiled, it's her first time here at Gerald's company.She took her professional license  from her purse and gave it to the guard. "Okay na po ba yan Sir?"

The guard took her id. "Pwede niyo pong balikan pag-alis nyo ng building."

Kim nodded and smiled politely at the guard."Saan po ba banda ang office ni Gerald Anderson dito?"

"Ah Ma'am 3rd floor po, tapos ipagtanong nyo nalang doon."

"Okay, salamat."

She took the elevator and headed to the third floor. She saw Gerald's office immediately.

"Hi, can I help you?" Gerald's secretary greeted her.

Kim smiled. "I'm looking for Gerald."

"Ah, may kausap pa po, if you want you can come back after few mins and I will tell him you're looking for him, What's your name again?"

Kim was about to answer when a familiar voice called her name. She looked at her back and saw JM. "JM!" she gave him a beso.

"Kim, bakit hindi ka pumasok?"

"May kausap daw eh."

"Dina, sinong kausap ni Gerald sa loob?"

"Sir si Mr. Erloti po."

"Sige na Kim, okay lang na pumasok ka. I'm sure Ge won't mind. Baka may pinapapirmahan lang sa kanya si Erloti."

"oh no, I can wait here!"

"Are you sure? Dina, hindi mo pa nakikilala si Kim ano?"

Dina shyly shook her head but has a feeling that Kim is Gerald's wife, Gerald told Dina about Kim before but she never saw Kim in person. 

Kim smiled at Dina. "She is Gerald's wife!" JM introduced her. Dina felt embarrassed.

"I'm sorry Ma'am Kim."

"Don't be Dina."

"Gusto niyo po bang sabihin ko kay sir gerald na nandito na kayo?"

"No, antayin ko na lang matapos siya sa kausap niya. Can I join you here?"

Dina said yes and was still ashamed of not recognizing Kim though she saw her on a picture showed to her by gerald.

Jm left them to finish his paper works. When Mr. Erloti exited Gerald's office, Dina went inside to tell Gerald that Kim's outside.

Gerald went out of his office immediately. Kim smiled when she saw Gerald.

"Bakit pinag-antay mo ang asawa ko dito Dina?"

"Sorry Sir."

Kim stood and held his left arm. "Honey, don't get mad at her please. Ako ang nagsabing aantayin kita dito."

"Hon dapat pumasok ka nalang."

"Let's not argue about that honey, papapasukin mo na ba ako sa office mo?"

Gerald wrapped his arm on her waist and led her to his office.