Chapter 19

Love is Patient

A week after, they consulted Kim's OB-Gyne..They undergone through some tests and was found out that the problem was on the egg cells. Not to worry too muh because this condition can be corrected and would let them have a child after some treatments.

Kim felt very disappointed but was comforted by Gerald. It was not an easy trial for them, both of them especially Kim would love to have a baby very soon and to find out that she has the problem, it's very disgusting on her part.For the first few weeks, Kim is having a hard time but for a few months that have passed she was able to cope.

Kim undergone through treatments and was cleared. She's able to give it a try once more. Gerald did his best to make her feel everything's gonna be alright, that they'll be able to have a baby at the right time.

They went on with their normal routine, tired at work sometimes but never fail to try to get Kim pregnant. 

"Hon, I am going to attend a friend's baby shower on Saturday, would you like to come with me?"

"Honey, I'd love to but there's this scheduled 2 major operations that day and I can't miss that. They're my patients."

"Parang ayaw ko na tuloy pumunta." She saw sadness in his eyes.

Kim went near him and cupped his face with her both hands. "Honey, pumunta ka, sorry if I can't come. Malulungkot ako pag hindi ka nagpunta, dahil lang hindi ako kasama."

Gerald held her hands. 

"Please! Pumunta ka." she gave out a puppy face.

Finally he nodded.

"Good boy!" she gave him a smack.

Saturday morning, Gerald drove her to the hospital before he headed to his friend's house.

"Pare! congrats!" Gerald shook hands with Gino.

"Salamat pare. Sweetie, come right here, give tito gerald a kiss." 

Cheska, Gino's 3-year old daughter went near Gerald. Gerald knelt down and the little girl hugged and kissed him. "Ayabyu tito Geyayd." she smiled at him and his heart melted.

He kissed the little girl and got him into a hug. "Such a sweetie! i love you too baby."

Oh how he wanted to have a little girl like Cheska the soonest, he'd love to be rewarded with hugs and kisses when he gets home from work by his own little princess.

Gino and his wife interrupted. Gerald hugged Kyrine, Gino's wife and congratulated both of them. "Hope it's a baby boy."

"Yes it is!" Kyrine confirmed.

"Wow! great!" Gerald got even jealous, he'd love to have his own child soon.

"Kelan naman ang sa inyo pare?" Gino asked.

"Kung kelan Niya ibibigay, we'd love to have a baby soon, pero kung sa tingin ng nasa itaas ay hindi pa right time, then we'll wait patiently.

Gino and Kyrine nodded.

Gerald stayed and played with Cheska for an hour then bid his goodbye.

He went home and waited for Kim's call if what time will he fetch her. At 2 pm in the afternoon she called and told him she's ready to be fetched after an hour. When they're together, Kim sensed sadness in him.

"May problema ba?"

"Wala naman, namiss lang kita."

"Asus! parang ilang oras lang naman tayong hindi magkasama ah."

"Basta, namiss ko lang ang naaaapakaganda at seksi kong misis." he kissed her and drove home.

Not convinced by his reason, Kim didn't bother to ask him about it yet, she'll wait until they're inside their room later after dinner.