Chapter 6

Love is Patient

Gerald was the first to stop the kiss, that lasted for a minute. "Baka di ako makapag pigil."

Kim giggled. She pulled his right hand with her right, both headed to the living room.

Gerald rested his head on her lap, stretched his body on the sofa while they were watching a movie. Gerald would intermittently look at her lovingly and Kim would do the same, she smiles and blushes everytime Gerald caresses her legs. After the movie, they stayed on same position, this time Gerald facing her side, Kim wanted to let out a moan when Gerald caressed her abdomen lightly. Gerald saw her reaction and giggled. Kim slapped his arm. "Stop it babe!"

"Bakit? ayaw mo?" Gerald naughtily asked her.

"Loko loko ka! alam ko ang pupuntahan nito! Kung ayaw mong magkaroon ng maagang responsibilidad, better not continue seducing me Gerald!"

"Who told you na ayoko ng responsibilidad?"

Kim laughed and let him sit. "Tigilan mo ako! gabi na,maaga pa tayong dalawa bukas, better send me home now!"
 

"Paano kung ayoko?"

"E di uuwi akong mag-isa!" Kim stood up and started fixing herself.

Gerald didn't bother to stand, he watched her and was smiling at her.

"Ano? hindi mo talaga ako ihahatid?"

Gerald smiled and stood up, he hugged her from behind. "Hindi ka na ba papapigil?"

Kim faced him."Parang di na tayo magkikita ah. Hoy! Mr! magkikita pa po tayo bukas!" she laughed.

"Pwede namang matulog ka na lang dito, hindi naman kita gagapangin."

"Hay naku Gerald, bahala ka nga!" she started walking.

"Sandali lang naman." Gerald caught her by waist, he sighed. "Sige na nga, pero next time, di ka na pwedeng tumanggi ha?"

Kim laughed and nodded. He drove her home.

 

Few days after and it's time for Kim to take the Physician Board Exam, Gerald has been so supportive of her. He would fetch her early morning at her place and would drive her to the testing Center, at lunch he would accompany her at the Canteen and they would eat together, and in the afternoon he would again fetch her and drive her home, this has been a routine for the both of them for 2 days.

While waiting for the result, Kim would just stay at her condo while Gerald attends his class, sometimes in the afternoon, Gerald would  take her out for dinner. But most of the time, they would have their dinner alone by themselves. Gerald has been busier with his last 3 months in the University, has to accomplish all the requirements for him to graduate on time. Kim would understand him, since he never failed to text or call her whenever he can, though they seldom see each other.

 

It was Kim's Parents' 20th wedding Anniversary and Gerald promised Kim he'll come for the dinner celebration. It has already started, visitors are busy greeting the couple and busy with their foods, chatting around and the like. Kim has been texting Gerald for thirty minutes now and he hasn't replied yet! She thought he was just  stranded by the traffic but an hour passed, and Gerald isn't there yet.

"Kimmy anak! Hindi ka pa raw kumakain sabi ng Mommy mo!" her dad approached her at the entrance, while still waiting for Gerald.

Kim looked at her cellphone again. "Inaantay mo si Gerald? Wala pa rin ba?"

She shook her head. "Baka po natraffic, hindi naman nagtetext or sumasagot sa tawag ko."

"Basta kapag dumating siya, kumain na kayo agad ha?"

"Yes dad." she tried to smile.

 

"Anong oras na?" Gerald asked JM who's busy re-typing their goup report needed to be passed tomorrow.

"10 pm! may curfew ka?" JM managed to joke him.

Suddenly Gerald checked his phone and saw 3 missed calls and 8 text messages, all from Kim. "Oh !"

"What?" Krizzia asked, irritated with the word Gerald uttered.

Krizzia and JM are looking at him, waiting for his next words.

"! ang tanga ko! Bakit ko nakalimutan yung dinner sa kanila Kim!" He keeps slapping his forehead.

"Oh my! labas kami dyan ha? We asked you earlier kung pwede nating irush ito, you said yes!"

"! nakakahiya kina tito at tita, lalo na kay Kim!"

Gerald tried calling her. "Hindi na sumasagot!"

"Puntahan mo na sa bahay, baka makahabol ka pa!"JM suggested.

"Kami na ang bahala sa report, patapos na rin o!"

Gerald dialled Kim's number again while on his way out of Krizzia's place. Kim kept rejecting his call.

The party has ended, Kim's parents are already upstairs taking a rest while Kim tried calming herself at the kitchen, trying to finish her strawberry crepe. She's been so disappointed with Gerald, he must have told her he can't come, so she didn't expect him and was able to atleast enjoy the party with her parents.

Twenty minutes later, Kim decided to go upstairs and sleep, but she can't fool herself, how could she sleep with a very heavy heart? she wanted to scream and get angry but she just can't do it! She doesn't want to ruin this special day God made, especially for her parents.

After taking a shower, Kim opened the door when she heard a knock. "Ma'am Kim, si sir Gerald po nasa baba."

"Manang pakisabi naman pong ayaw ko siyang makausap."

"Hindi daw po aalis hangga't hindi kayo nakakausap."

"Pabayaan niyo po siya." she closed the door immediately.

She was about to close her eyes when she heard him calling out her name."Kim! Talk to me please!"

"Sir Gerald, natutulog na po sila, bumalik na lang po kayo bukas." she can hear Gerald and their maid from her room.

"Manang please naman, pakisabi kay Kim, sandaling sandali lang ito."

Kim went out of her room and went downstairs. "Ako na pong bahala Manang."

Gerald hugged her immediately. "Babe, I'm sorry!"

Kim didn't hug him back, instead she removed herself from his hug. "Gerald, gabi na.umuwi ka na!"

"Babe, kausapin mo naman muna ako."

"This isn't the time to talk, kaya parang awa mo naman o! natutulog na ang mga tao dito."

"Babe naman." he hugged her once again.

"Gerald, mag-uusap tayo pero hindi ngayon." Kim looked at him and broke away from his hug.

"Babalik ako dito bukas, Kim mag-uusap tayo ha?" he's pleading and is on tears.

Kim nodded. Gerald walked slowly out of her sight. Kim couldn't contain her emotions anymore, she burst into tears and sat on the floor, leaning on the wall. She stayed there until she ran out of tears, she went upstairs and lay down her bed a few minutes after.

 

The next day, Gerald went to Kim's parents' house. The maid whom he talked to last night opened the gate. "Manang gising na po ba si Kim?"

"Sir Gerald, umalis na po si Ma'am Kim kanina."

"Saan po nagpunta?"

"Umuwi na po sa condo niya."

"Ganun po? Sila tita at tito ba nandyan?"

""Kumakain po ng breakfast sa loob."

"Pwede ba akong tumuloy? Kakausapin ko lang sila sandali."

The maid let him in and assisted him to the dining area.

"Gerald iho!" Mommy Elena saw him first.

"Good morning tita." he hugged her. "Tito"

"Umalis na si Kim kanina lang iho." Kim's dad knew about what happened to her daughter and Gerald last night.

"Gusto ko lang din pong humingi ng pasensiya sa inyo, hindi po ako nakarating kagabi, I know I promised you I'll come, nawala po talaga sa isip ko dahil sa dami ng ginagawa sa school."

"We understand iho, siguro ang dapat mong kinakausap about this is Kimmy! Kung sa amin wala ka naman dapat ihingi ng sorry." Mommy Elena smiled at him.

"Pupuntahan ko po si Kim sa condo niya."

"Nagbreakfast ka na ba? Eat with us muna."

"Hindi na po tita, mali-late na rin ako sa klase pero pupuntahan ko muna si Kim." he smiled.

"Sige iho, ingat ka!"