Chapter 21

Love is Patient

8 pm when the boys joined the girls for a double dinner date. 11 pm when both pairs decided to go home.

5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months have passed, Kim and Gerald is still very much together. They're enjoying each other everyday, every night and every minute. Not yet blessed with kids but they were able to cope with that matter.

"Kim, honey! "

"Yes hon? may problema ba? Why did you call? you going to work late today?"

"No, no! I know I will see you in 2 hours, but I think I need to tell you this! Please do not  accept any invitations for a date or a night out with your friends or co-workers tomorrow night."

Kim smiled. "Why?"

"Because I wanted to have a dinner date with my lovely wife!"

"Wow! You are killing me honey! You are so sweet!"

Gerald grinned. "My love, I would love to celebrate our anniversary just with you, of course I'd love to celebrate it at home and just keep you on bed but I also would love to take you out, matagal na tayong hindi lumalabas. Pag-uwi na lang natin from our date saka kita gagahasain!"

Kim giggled. "You are so naughty honey! Depende yun kung gusto kong pagahasa sa iyo, kailangan ko ng tatlong rason bago ako pumayag."

"3 reasons? I got only one reason, I will say it thrice para tatlo."

"Ano naman yun?"
 

"My love, I love you! I love you! and I love you! Okay na ba yun?"

Kim laughed. "Let's see! I'm game for that dinner date, actions after that, pag-iisipan ko pa." she loves to .

"Oh please Kim, I'm dying to make love to you! Huwag mo namang ipagkait! Mag-aalburuto si Jr."

"Naku Gerald, quotang quota na yang si Jr. Gabi gabing napagbibigyan!"

"I know! Hindi mo naman siya kayang tiisin!"

Kim laughed. "O sige na po. I will see you later! Bibisitahin ko muna ang last patient for today."

"Okay hon, I love you! Can't wait to see you!"

"'I love you too. Ingat sa pag-drive!"

"Opo."

The next day, Kim worked and visited all his post-operative patients in the morning. She has to be out of the hospital at 2pm to get ready with their dinner date. Gerald on the other hand, will work just until 4pm that day and would fetch her at home. Together, they'll be going to Kim's favorite resto in Makati.

Time flew so fast, Gerald took Kim to where they'll be having their dinner.

The first hour of their dinner date has been a lot of fun for the both of them. They were seated next to each other, whispering sweet words,holding hands, intermittently kissing and hugging, like they have their own little world.

 

A woman standing next to Gerald caught their attention, few minutes after. The woman is looking at Gerald while Gerald's face couldn't be described from being so shocked with whom he saw. Kim is clueless!

"Sandra!" that's the only word he uttered while still looking at the woman who is obviously pregnant with her enlarged abdomen.

"Yes Gerald, this is Sandra! Bakit parang gulat ka at hindi mo na ako kilala? Nakalimutan mo na yung pinagsamahan natin ng isang gabi?"

Kim was all so shocked!

"Ano? magsalita ka Gerald! Uunahan na kita!' Sandra held his tummy. "Oo, ikaw ang ama."

"Whaaaat?" Gerald can't believe this is happening. Kim removed her hand from his. He looked at Kim and shook his head. "Kim, hon.." he's trying to hold her hand but Kim refused to.

"Kim please, let me explain..."

Kim is already in tears, she got her purse and walked out. "Kim!" he called out her name but too late. Kim has already exited the resto.

"Sandra, I will have to talk to you again about this. But I have to go after my wife first." he followed Kim.

His instinct that Kim will head home is right, she is packing her clothes when he reached their room.

"Honey please, don't do this. Mag-usap muna tayo."

Kim keeps doing what she's doing.

He held her waist and was trying to stop her.

"Ano ba Gerald?" she's obviously mad.

"Talk to me please..." he's desperately pleading.

"O sige! mag-usap tayo ngayon! Sige! paano mo ipapaliwanag yun ha?"

"Kim, if it's really my child, paninindigan ko. But please huwag ka namang mawala sa akin o!"

"Sana inisip mo yan bago mo ginawa! Anong gusto mo? Ico-congratulate kita kasi may anak ka sa ibang babae? OO na! hindi kita mabigyan ng anak! Siguro kaya ka humanap ng iba na makapag bibigay sa'yo ng hindi ko kayang ibigay!" She burst out into tears and broke down.

"Kim hindi ganun yun!"

"Eh ano nga? Trip trip lang? Sabihin mo ang totoo! Siya ba yung nakita mo nung isang gabi na hindi ka umuwi kaya ayaw mong sabihin ang pangalan ng 'long time friend' mo na yan?" she emphasized the words 'long time friend'. It has almost been five months but she can still remember that one night, when he didn't come home and the reason he gave her was, he was with his 'long time friend'..

He nodded. "I was so drunk that I am not already aware of what's happening. I came from a baby's shower the day before that and I was so depressed. Bakit tayo hindi binibigyan ng anak? Kaya nagpasya akong pumunta mag-isa at uminom, I met her there. She was a friend way back in highschool, kagaya ko may gumugulo din sa isip niya. Nagdamayan kami at nalasing."

Kim nodded while still in tears. "Sige na, puntahan mo na siya! Sa kanya ka naman may anak di ba?"

"Kim hindi, hindi kita iiwan. Wag mo akong iwan please! Hindi ko kakayanin!"

Both of them are in tears, just an hour ago they were so happy and now everything's going opposite!