Chapter 2

Love is Patient

Gerald on the other hand is on his way to the university, he would want to ask about the requirements for his admission. Last night, he was still deciding about entering the Law school again, and  while on the process of deciding, he would want to complete the requirements, if ever he'll have the final decision so soon! Atleast he is ready! and with that, his attention will be diverted.

He wanted to give Kim the time she wanted, but that doesn't mean he's giving up. He loves her and will always love her. He would just let her focus on her studies, it was Kim's ultimate dream to become a successful and efficient surgeon. Who is he to ruin that dream?

He usually sends text messages to Kim almost every hour and would call her every three hours. But that routine has been cut today! He just texted her once this morning and is planning to text her "goodnight" this evening, and he's planning to do that until she graduated. To text her twice a day, just to let her know he's still there to support her and to call her only if there is an emergency.

Kim's expecting the other way around, she's checking her phone almost every thirty minutes for his text or call, but she didn't receive any. Her 7-3 shift has ended and no Gerald is waiting at the lobby of the hospital to fetch her. She knew he has her duty schedule for the whole month. She doesn't want to assume, but she still waited for an hour. It's exactly four in the afternoon on her watch, but Gerald isn't there yet. She rode the taxi on her way home with disappointment.

Kim's already on bed when she received a text message from Gerald, and it says "Good night Kim."

"Yun lang?" she's talking to herself.. "Bakit dati kapag good night text, mahaba tapos may i love you pa?"

She felt sad again.."Iniiwasan na ba nya ako?" she thought.

She hugged her favorite life-sized bear given by Gerald 2 years ago and tried to sleep. But she can't, she heard a knock on the door, she stood up and opened it. It's her mom.

"Anak are you okay? Hindi ka pa raw bumababa to eat said yaya?" her mom sat on her bed and held her face. "Umiiyak ka ba?"

"hindi po ma.I'm fine! pagod lang siguro ito sa duty."

"baby, you can tell mommy! What's bothering you anak?"

She sighed and hugged her mom. "Ma, si Gerald po kasi!"

"What about Gerald?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend again and I gave the same answer as the last time he asked me that!" she started crying.

"Sssshh, ang baby ko talaga. Alam ko naman na love mo si Gerald e! Bakit ba hindi mo pa siya sagutin ha?"

"Ma, you think it's time?"

"Ano bang inaantay mong right time anak? Simula pa noong unang nanligaw yang batang yan sa'yo, alam ko responsible siya. Hindi naman sa kinakampihan ko si Gerald, pero kasi napakabuting bata nun, at alam ko mahal na mahal ka.Kimmy, you're turning 24 this year, it's time for you to enter into a relationship now, don't you think?"

Kim smiled. "am I not too late ma? Para po kasing nag-iiba na si Gerald since yesterday and I can't blame him for that."

"It's a normal response from being turned down for the nth time anak! Syempre you can't just expect him not to be hurt at all." her mom presented the reality. "But Gerald is Gerald, mamaya lang susuyuin ka ulit nyan."

Kim smiled with anticipation. "I hope so!"

A week have passed and they haven't seen each other yet, Gerald would only text her in the morning and at night. Kim would reply to his messages but he'll not text back, he's only limited to two text messages in a day. He haven't called her yet for that 7 days that they were apart.

Kim has been so sick of that arrangement but she knew she cannot demand at all! she doesn't have the right in the first place.

The whole week was suppose to be her off, but she needed some distractions, so she volunteered to go on a duty the whole week--24/7 schedule.

On the other hand, Gerald's on his first week at the university. He finally decided to pursue law. He's still catching up but thanks to his cousin JM who's also a law student on same university and Krizzia who is also on same year as the both of them, Krizzia is Gerald's classmate in almost all of their subjects so they easily got along with each other. 

On a Wednesday noon, Gerald received an invitation from Mommy Elena, Kim's mom. Mommy Elena would want to meet him for a late lunch. Because his next class will be at 3 pm, he has all the time to meet Mommy Elena.

"Tita!" he waved his right hand up in the air when he saw Mommy Elena entering and scanning the tables inside the resto.

Mommy Elena smiled as she saw Gerald and went near him, he helped her take a seat after he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"How are you anak? It's almost a week since you last visited at the house." said Mommy Elena.

"I'm perfectly fine tita, medyo busy lang sa school ngayon."

"School? I didn't know you finally decided to go back to school iho.."

"I'm actually on my first week tita!" he smiled.

After the waiter got their order, Mommy Elena went directly to the reason why she wanted to talk to him.

"Iho, I am so sorry I need to ask you this favor!"

Gerald frowned "Ano po yun?"

"You know iho, I did everything I can to stop Kimmy from doing this stupid thing, but it seems that she'll not listen to me!"

"Bakit po? anong nagyari kay Kim?" he asked innocently.

"It's her week-off from duty pero ayun, nagduty pa rin and she's not even coming home to sleep! Sa hospital na nakatira. Alam mo naman kapag sa hospital almost every minute may istorbo, how could she eat and sleep there well? Nag-aalala lang ako baka siya naman ang mangailangan ng medical assistance if she keeps doing this!"

"What?" he asked worriedly. "Bakit daw po? she usually take her off schedules, to take as much sleep as she could."

"I don't know! her daddy's on a business trip. Sa daddy niya lang yun nakikinig and sa'yo! Can you please help me with Kim iho?" Mommy Elena pleaded.

Gerald nodded "Don't worry tita, after my class this afternoon, susunduin ko siya sa hospital and promise to take her home." he smiled.