Chapter 36

Love is Patient

"Kimmy!" Kara hugged her when she spotted her friend with Gerald at the entrance.

"Kara,congrats! Atlast, ikakasal ka na."

"Thank you. ...Ge.."

Gerald hugged her. "Congrats Kara."

"Thanks Ge, get inside. You are assigned to table number 3."

"Where's JM?"

"Oh, he's inside. We'll see you in your table in a bit."

Gerald held Kim on her waist and they headed to their table. At table number 3, they're joined by Kim and Kara's colleagues. Kim hugged them briefly and went back to her seat, beside Gerald.

"I can see, you're very famous tonight my love." Gerald whispered on her ear.

She giggled. "They are doctors, like me honey. We happen to work in the same hospital." she explained.

"I see." he kissed the side of her head.

She looked at him. "What do you have in mind?"

"I think the last guy you just hugged likes you."

"Oh come on Gerald, we're just colleagues."

"That's something I can't tell right now, I mean the way he looks at you." both are whispering.

"Honey.." she rested her right hand to his left thigh and gently rubbed it. "Whatever that he has in mind, it doesn't matter to me. It will only be you, put that in mind."

He sighed. "I know, I am not just comfortable that someone's eyeing my wife."

"Possessive husband huh!" she smiled.

"Always." he kissed her right cheek.

They were interrupted by JM who's on the mic. The party has officially started, JM and Kara gave their thank you's after the announcement that they are getting married. The rest of the evening is for everyone to dance and enjoy.

While Gerald's talking to JM, Kara pulled Kim out and led her to the sofa at the entrance of function hall.This is a perfect place to be in, when you'd want to have a serious talk with someone. To be able to hear each other.

"Hey, why do we need to be here?" Kim asked her, confused.

"I wanted to talk to my friend, is that a problem?" Kara answered playfully.

Kim giggled. "Of course, not a problem at all!"

"Kimmy, seriously I wanted to thank you."

"Thank me?"

"Yes! You know, this reminds me of our conversation before. Remember, I've told you that I wanted to be like you one day, married to the man she truly loves."

"Oh Kara, how could I forget that. And I can still remember, I told you I knew it would be Jm that will give that happiness to you." she winked.

"I know, I wanted to thank you and Gerald for always being there for us. It wasn't an easy ride but here we are, we're finally getting married." she raised her hand and showed her engagement ring.

Kim hugged her. "I am very happy for you, Kara. I never had this engagement party, but it doesn't matter. We may have been in a rush when we got married, I don't regret a single decision we made. And I'm happy, you're having the big wedding you always dreamed for."

Kara knew Kim has her wedding dream too, she would always tell her when both are still single that she'd want a beach wedding, a big wedding where all of the important persons in her life would be around to witness that special day.

"Kim, I know what you're talking about. It's always our dream before, to get married and have this kind of engagement party and a big wedding day. But mind you, I am still happy you got married in that way you did. You are very inlove with Gerald that time, and I can't ask for more. I am happy seeing you that happy. A lot of people get to have a big wedding day, but they aren't as happy as you and Ge."

Kim smiled. " I know. I cannot ask for more too, he's my everything. He makes me happy everyday. I can't imagine myself without him in my life."

Kara hugged her once more. "And I wanted my marriage to be as yours, I know you've been through tough times, but look at you now. You're still very much together and very happy." both are already in tears.

"Kara, you've been one of the reasons why we're still together. And I am not going to hesitate to do the same as you did, if you need me, I will always be here for you. Alam mo hindi madali ang pag-aasawa, it will make you get tired, physically I must say." she giggled. "you get tired emotionally, you cry you laugh, but at the end of the day the feeling of fulfillment is priceless."

Kara smiled. "Paano ba tayo napunta sa usapang ito?" she wiped her tears.

"aah! my friend is finally getting married. I wish you well and all the best."

They once more hugged. Kara also asked Kim to be her matron of honor.

When Kim looked back, she saw Gerald. Kara has just left to find for JM.

"Hey! what are you doing there?" she wiped her remaining tears, Gerald sat beside her.

"Why are you crying?"

"Nothing, Kara and I had a girl talk."

"I see.You tired honey?"

Kim shook her head. "I promised Kara, we'll stay for the next hour yet."

He nodded. "Alright, I will get you something to drink."

"Thank you."

Gerald left her there and got inside for her drink.

While she's sitting, she heard a familiar voice, calling her name. SHe look to where she heard the voice and saw Jay, her colleague.

"Jay!" she smiled.

"Kimmy, how are you?"

"Great!"

"Can I join you?"

SHe nodded, he sat next to her.

"I can see you are alone."

"Yeah, my husband got us something to drink."

"Oh! so you're back together?"

She nodded.

"Are you doing okay together?"

"Yes, of course." she gave him a confusing look.

"Hey, I know! I understand, I just wanted to make sure you're happy. Seeing you that hurt before is unbearable."

"Your sincerity is very much appreciated Jay, but I assure you, I am very much happy now."

"Okay, with that,I believe you Kim. Just give me a call when you need someone to talk to."

"Of course Jay. Thank you."

"Alright Kimmy, will have to find my date now."

She laughed. "thanks again Jay."

 

Gerald hesitated to join Kim and Jay so he stayed behind them to give them room to talk.  Kim looked around, she saw her husband. He has an orange juice for her and white wine for him.

Kim smiled at him."Kanina ka pa ba dyan?"

Gerald went near her and gave her drink. "Hindi naman. Just in time for you to finish talking with..."

"Jay! he's a colleague."

"Yes of course." he remained silent.

Kim knew he heard them talking. "What is it that he's affected about?" then she remembered Jay talking about how hurt she was before. "Oh ! he's taking that against him."

"Ge...what's on your mind?" she broke the silence.

He kept silent..

"Ge..."

He held her hand, got the drink and put them on the side table. "I think we're both tired, come let's go find Kara an JM and say goodbye."

They did as he told.

Inside the car, no one dared to talk. They remained silent. When they got inside the house, Kim went to the nursery to check baby Kyla.

"Mauna na ako sa kwarto." Gerald coldly uttered. Kim just nodded.