Chapter 5

Love is Patient

Time flew so fast, Kim has already graduated while Gerald is on his last year at the Law school.

A condo near the hospital where Kim's based, for her duties, has been a gift by her parents during her graduation. Her parents thought it's time for her to be independent. Gerald sold his condo and bought another, located near his University.

Kim's now reviewing for the coming Physician Board Exam, while Gerald's doing good on his last few months in the University. Although they've been very busy the past days, they will still find some time for each other. Gerald haven't ask her the question again since the last time. Kim has been so hopeful, especially now that she's already graduated. As she promised him before,that she'll have to give the answer when she graduates. She's just waiting for him to pop the question again and she'll say YES this time!

Surprisingly on a Valentine's Day, few days before she takes the board exam, Gerald took her out for a date. For Gerald, this has been a different date they'll ever have, while planning this date, he thought of all the possibilities, the possible rejection and the possibility of hearing her sweet YES, the only word he's been wanting to hear for so long. He even used the internet in searching where to take her, maybe there would be such place that might influence her answer and he's going after the place that would make her say yes.

He took her at Sala Restaurant in Makati, Kim has been as nervous as he was when they reach the place and started with the conversation. Gerald wouldn't want to prolong the agony, he got up from his seat and knelt in front of her as if proposing for a marriage. Kim couldn't contain her emotions, tears are collected on her lids and will fall anytime soon. He started with his memorized dialogue that turned out to be unfollowed."Kim, it doesn't matter to me now if your answer would be a yes or still a no, what matters to me is to be able to get out of this nervousness *he laughed softly* and tell you that I love you! and as I told you before, I am willing to wait forever. I don't care if this will be my nth time asking you this question, Kim I wanted to try my luck again with this, I can't promise you that I can be the best among the best boyfriends in the world, but I will do whatever it takes to be one of them. He smiled and held her hands. "Could you give me the chance to show how lovable you are and the chance to feel how lucky I am to have you as my girlfriend?"

Kim is now on tears. She waited for him to ask this question again for months and she can't believe it, she's hearing it right, right here and right now. Kim nodded and said "YES", Gerald got teary eyed and kissed her hands several times. "Thank you Kim!" Kim stood up and pulled him up to stand, she guided his arms around her waist and put her arms around his neck. She doesn't care any more if there are people watching them, she kissed his lips tenderly and hugged him tight. He kissed her top, he doesn't want this night to end, this is so far the happiest date they ever had for 5 years.

"Where do you want us to cuddle tonight? my place or yours?" Gerald asked Kim naughtily as they were exiting the restaurant hand in hand.

"Ang bilis mo naman ata, Mr. Anderson! Kakasagot ko pa lang sa'yo ay next level na ang nasa isip mo." she giggled.

"E anong magagawa ko? ganito ba naman kaganda at kay ang girlfriend ko." he kissed her right cheek.

"Kanina ka pa ha! Parang ayaw ko nang sumama sa'yo." she's trying to .

Gerald stopped walking and removed his hand from her. Kim laughed and got his hand back. "Ang bilis naman magtampo!"

Gerald wrapped his arm around her instead. "Wag kaseng ganun, ang tagal ko na nag-antay, tapos binibiro biro mo pa ako. Di ka na ba naawa sa akin?" he pouted his lips.

Kim smiled at him. "I didn't know may madramang side pala ang jowa ko." she giggled again.

"Lahat ng di ko inaakalang ako, lumalabas dahil sa'yo." he hugged her.

"Gerald, hindi pa nga tayo nakakauwi. Nakarami ka na! May mga nakakakita pa satin o!"

"Wala akong pakialam sa kanila, masama bang ipakita sa girlfriend ko kung gaano ko siya kamahal?"

Kim laughed. "Asus! mga drama mo! "

"Halika na, iuuwi na kita sa ayaw at sa gusto mo."

Gerald took Kim at his condo, it was her first time at his new condo and she admires him for doing a great job with his new place. This one's bigger than the old, "He's still organized and clean with his stuffs" she thought.

Gerald lazily sat on his sofa and pulled Kim on his lap. "Mas gusto mo atang pagmasdan ang loob ng condo ko kesa sa akin."

Kim laughed."Good job on this Gerald!"

"Gerald?" he gave her a questioning look.

"Oo! di ba Gerald ang pangalan mo?" she said innocently.

"If I may remind you my love, I am now your boyfriend, aren't you going to call me Babe? or Honey or Baby?"

Kim giggled. "Alright, alright! So how do you want to be called huh?"

"Hmm, we can call each other babe if you want."

"That's fine with me BABE!"

Gerald hugged her from behind while she's still sitting on his lap. "I love hearing that!" he kissed her on the cheek.

"You love that huh?! How about you go and get changed, I will go and look for something to eat at your pantry while we watch whatever movie you have there." 

"Do we have to do that?"

"What are we going to do then? magtitigan buong gabi?"

Gerald smiled at her naughtily. "How about...."

"Stop it Gerald! You and your dirty mind! I know what are you thinking"

"Bakit? we're together! What's wrong with that?"

Kim stood up and sat beside him. "You have to wait until we get married!" she laughed.

"Kim naman!" he pleaded.

"Baby, you waited for years just to get my "YES" I know you can wait for another couple of years to satisfy your libido."

"You are medically inclined, you know it's one of the basic needs of a man to survive!" he challenged her.

"I know! but that doesn't mean I am going to agree with what you want Babe!" she smiled.

"Alright! I give up!" Gerald stood up and went to the kitchen to get a drink. Kim the television. She was into watching that she hasn't notice he wasn't back yet for 20 minutes now.

She tried following him at the kitchen but he wasn't there anymore, she opened the door and saw Gerald on the veranda. He's sitting on a wooden canopy chair.

She sighed and went near him. "Hey!"

He didn't answer.

She sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck. Gerald held her waist to support her but didn't say a word.

"Naku! nagtatampo nga ang boyfriend ko."

He looked at her. Kim gave him a smack, that made him smile.

"Okay na ba tayo?"

Gerald nodded and kissed her possessively.