Chapter 28

Love is Patient

"Kimmy, bago ka man lang umuwi ng Pinas. Please join me at my bestfriend's party!"

 
"What? Are you sure? e hindi naman ako invited."
 
Maya laughed. "Akong bahala, invited by the invited ka!"
 
"Okay lang ba yun?"
 
"Oo naman. Alam mo, kahit na magsama pa ako ng isang barangay,hindi yun makakatanggi sa akin."
 
Kim laughed. "O sige ba."
 
"Alright! Tomorrow night ha? what about, I'll fetch you at your place at 8pm!"
 
"Sounds good!"
 
"O ayan ha, all set na! Bawal na mag-cancel!"
 
"Opo."
 
At 8pm the next day Maya and Kim drove to a nearby village. "Hindi mo ba kasama yung husband mo?"
 
"Nasa business trip!"
 
"Hindi mo ba namimiss?"
 
"Syempre namimiss, pero kahit malayo, hindi naman nakakalimot, pag uwi niya dito, masaya at mas lalong tumitindi ang nararamdaman namin sa isa't isa."
 
Kim admired and envied Maya's relationship with her husband.
 
"Natahimik ka naman diyan, alam mo Kim, hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon sa buhay mag-asawa masaya. Aba, ilang hirap din ang pinagdaanan muna namin ng asawa ko bago kami naging stable na ganito. Kaya nga nakaka-relate din ako sa'yo."
 
Kim looked at her. "really? sa mga kwento mo, you seem to have a perfect marriage."
 
Maya laughed. "Nagiging ganun kasolid pag napagdaanan niyo na ang mga hirap."
 
"Maya, sana nga sa huli ganyan din kami ng asawa ko."
 
"Keep your hopes high dahil nasisiguro ko naman ganun ang mangyayari."
 
"Maya, you always believe in me, in us! Thank you. Alam mo kung hindi naman dahil sa support from you guys and my family, siguro matagal na rin akong sumuko."
 
"Kim, hanggang sa tingin mo ay dapat ipaglaban, ipaglaban mo!"
 
She nodded in agreement.
 
They reach the place in no time. Zel, Maya's bestfriend spotted their arrival and went to greet them.
 
"Hey! I wanted you to meet Kim! Kimmy this is my crazy bestfriend Zel."
 
"Hi Zel, nice to meet you!"
 
"Pleased to meet you Kim." she smiled at her and gave a beso to the two girls.
 
"Oh by the way, honey!" Zel's husband came in.
 
"hi ladies!"
 
"Honey, this is Kim, Maya's colleague and good friend."
 
"Hi beautiful lady, oh wait! I also wanted you to meet my buddy." he called his buddy to join them.
 
Kim's a bit surprised, Maya smiled at the man who just joined them.
 
"Hey girls, this is Gerald."
 
Gerald smiled at them and looked at Kim. Kim didn't look at him but aware of his stare.
 
"Hi Gerald, its nice to see you again. Looking good huh!"
 
Gerald smiled.
 
"Wait! you guys knew each other?" Zel asked confusedly.
 
"Zel, Gerald is Kim's husband."
 
"Wow! really?"
 
Gerald nodded and still looking at Kim.
 
"Oh wait here, honey can you please help me with the foods." Zel pulled her husband.
 
Maya excused herself to make room for the two. "Kim, I'll be on that table. If you need something, puntahan mo ako."
 
Kim nodded so Maya walked away.
 
They were left standing and for the first time that night, they get to lock eyes.
 
"Hi." Gerald smiled at her sincerely.
 
Kim smiled and said the same word.
 
"Kamusta ka na?"
 
"I'm doing good!"
 
"how's work?"
 
"I'm down to my last 2 months."
 
"So you're going back home to Pinas?"
 
She nodded.
 
"Good for you!"
 
"Ikaw, when are you coming back?"
 
"I don't know! Matatagalan pa siguro."
 
Kim smiled and nodded as a response.
 
"Kim..."
 
She looked at him. "hmmm.."
 
"Mag-iingat ka."
 
"Of course!"
 
"For sure miss na miss ka na nila Mama, ikamusta mo na lang ako sa kanila."
 
"For sure!"
 
"Thanks."
 
The conversation seems to be awkward. 
 
"Ah Ge, excuse lang ha, pupuntahan ko lang si Maya."
 
"Sige."
 
She walked towards Maya.
 
"Anong nangyari?"
 
"Wala, nag-usap lang kami. Nothing so serious and emotional."
 
"That's good then. You sure, you'll leave him alone here?"
 
Kim nodded. "Bahala na lang ang Diyos sa amin, kung kami talaga. Pagtatagpuin ulit niya kami, at the right time."
 
"Sabagay, tama ka naman diyan."
 
They ate, laughed and chatted for the next hour and decided to go home.
 
 
The night before she'll leave for Pinas, she's surprised with the call she received.
 
"Gerald?"
 
"Yeah, I know you're keeping your mobile private, I paid Maya for like
a million dollar, to share it with me!"
 
Kim laughed. "Iba ka talaga."
 
"Of course, ahmmm... Kimmy..." he seems comfortable calling her that way, as the usual days, way back.
 
"Yes?"
 
"I am sorry for an awkward conversation when we last talked. I'd just want to wish you well. Nakibalita na rin ako kay Maya, will you allow someone from your past to atleast drive you to the airport?" she knew he's trying to start friendship.
 
"Oh no! That's the last thing I'll allow. Hey, I mean.. As much as possible, I don't want anyone with me driving to the airport. Alam mo na, para mas madali ang pag-alis."
 
Gerald nodded on the other line. "I understand, Kim I just want everything between us Na maging okay. Ang hirap matulog sa gabi ng may iniisip."
 
"Ge, okay naman tayo."
 
"Sana pag dating ng tamang panahon, makapag-usap tayo ulit at pagtagpuin."
 
"Oo naman, sa tamang panahon Ge."
 
"Okay, won't keep you long. Send my regards to everyone."
 
"Sige, thanks for calling."
 
"Kim, have a safe trip. Huwag ka sanang magpapagod sa trabaho."
 
She smiled, he still is the same Gerald, concern and caring! 
"Oo naman. Salamat!"
 
The call ended.
 
Everything seems to be doing its task, destiny will follow to do its work. For now, they will just have to enjoy their alone time and let time heal the wounds.