Chapter 13

Love is Patient

Kim and Kara tried to enjoy the night despite what happened earlier, they bought a present for tomorrow--it's their friend Gino's Birthday!

Kara would want to help Kim move on. She's going to help her find a distraction and if this means getting her friend a date, she's up to it! Tomorrow's going to be Gino's birthday, Gino is a common friend of Kim and Gerald. Kara knew Gino as well, Kim wouldn't want to attend the party as much as possible. But Kara insisted and she can't do anything. So they are both going.

"Kimmy, hurry up! we're going to be late." Kara shouted from the sala.

"Nandyan na po." It took her ten minutes before she finally came out of her room.

"Tara na!"

"Gino is Gerald's friend as well. Expect the unexpected Kimmy!" Kim got anxious all of a sudden.

"But hey! he might not be there too, so don't get too excited!" Kara .

Kim shook her head. " Tara na nga!"

She went out first." lock the door!" she instructed Kara.

At the party, the two enjoyed! They stayed for two hours and decided to leave.

"Kim, thank you! Don't forget our dinner by Friday!" Gino winked at her.

"I won't! Happy Birthday!" she hugged Gino goodbye and the two left.

When they reached her car at the parking lot, Kara played as an investigator with her non stop questions.

"So may dinner agad?"

"It's called a friendly dinner!"

"Whatever you say! Basta I'm happy for you. A stepping stone to be able to move on!"

"I hope so!"

"Hey! you'll get over it! One step at a time!"

"One step at a time!" Kim nodded.

Friday has been a busy day for Kim, but didn't forget her dinner with Gino. He took her on his favorite resto, Kim enjoyed the foods and Gino's corny jokes. But not as funny as what she felt when Gerald's the one throwing the jokes. Here she goes again, still thinking of Gerald. "aaah! I have to get over him!"

After dinner, Kim agreed to Gino's invitation to have a late drink. As they were busy laughing and talking about anything under the sun, a pair of jealous eyes is watching them. When Gino put an arm around Kim's shoulder, the man who's watching them since dinner couldn't take it anymore. He approached them. Kim's eyes got wider when she saw who's standing next to them, Gino is as shocked as she was. "Gerald?"

"Kim, I need to talk to you!" his voice is more of an order.

Kim looked at Gino. "Gerald, what to talk about?"
"About us!"

"Alright! we can talk! But not now! Can't you see I am with someone?"

Gerald looked at Gino. "Pare can I talk to Kim?"

Gino looked at Kim and nodded.

Gerald held Kim's right arm. "Let's go?"

"Gino, this is going to be quick, I'm sorry you have to wait here, babalik din ako." Kim assured him.

Gerald frowned. "Pare you can go ahead."

"Hindi, I can wait. I will drive Kim home."

"Don't bother! I will do that!"

Kim looked at Gerald, still puzzled with how he behaves. What is he planning to do?

"Kim?"

"Go ahead Gino, I will be alright!"

"Let me me know when you're home." he kissed Kim goodbye and left.

Kim looked at Gerald again, he lead her to a more private area on the cafe. She sat on the sofa and didn't say any word. Gerald sat beside her.

Kim closed her eyes when he felt his arms around her waist and his chin resting on her shoulders."What's this about Gerald?"

"Kim, I missed you."

"Gerald! What are you talking about? Tapos na tayo!"

"Kim, hindi ko kayang nakikitang may kasama kang iba!"

"Don't you think that's unfair? So ikaw lang ang pwedeng may kasamang iba sa ating dalawa?"

"Are you talking about Margaret? We're just friends! and we've never been together. Hindi ko kasi kayang magmahal ng iba."

Kim looked at him. She can see sincerity in his eyes. "Pero Ge, tapos na di ba?" she removed his hands around her.

"Kim, can't we work things out?"

"Hindi ko alam."

Gerald cupped her face with both hands. "Please!"

Kim looked away. "Gerald, I am trying to move on, tapos ano? heto na naman tayo!"

"Kim, Please!" his eyes were pleading.

When Kim's about to answer, one of the waiters approached them. "Ma'am, Sir closing time in about 5 minutes."

Gerald nodded."Alright, thank you!"

Gerald looked at Kim again. "Please, let's talk about this at my place?"

"Ge!"

"Please..."

Kim nodded.Gerald smiled and took her hand."Let's get out of here!"

He took her at his place..