Home Sweet Home

Midnight Kiss

Ch 8- Home Sweet Home

 

Suddenly, there was a gentle knock on the door, “Come in,” I quietly answered.

 

“Forgive me!” My dad sprinted full on towards me, practically aggressively tackling me into a big bear hug, “I didn't mean to say any of those mean, nasty words. Forgive your pathetic, sorrowful father!” He was crying into my arms.

 

“Woah woah, dad calm down. It's okay it was my fault for throwing a party,” I his hair like a loving mother would when comforting her distressed son.

 

“No, your a good daughter. An amazing daughter. My only daughter. Minho just confessed that it was SHINee's doing,” He pouted like a child, completely dropping his mature, adult, business man personality.

 

“What?” I was shocked that someone actually had the balls to confess, “Wait, dad, don't be angry at them. They only did it to make me comfortable here. Kind of like a welcome party,” I lied. But I sincerely didn't want my dad to be upset with SHINee because they loved him soo much.

 

“I know, Minho told me,” My dad smiled.

 

I sighed. Thank God me and Minho thought of the same excuse or I would've been screwed.

 

“But Jin Ae,” My dad carried me into his lap like I was little child, “SHINee really are some caring boys. Plus, it shows you mean something to them if they had the guts to confess when I was so furious,”

 

“Yeah, I think they're good guys to,” I told him. I sincerely meant it to. To me, SHINee were good guys. The only reason why they hated me was because I hurt the one they loved. If I were in their situation, I would've taken a loaded machine gun and killed anyone who'd break my fragile mother's heart.

 

“So does this mean I can stay?” I looked at my dad, begging to let me remain in the mansion.

 

“Of course,” He tenderly kissed my forehead and pulled me into an affectionate hug.

 

“I'm sorry for yelling at you this morning. I didn't mean it,” I apologized to his chest.

 

“It's okay Jin Ae, I know, I know,” My loving parent patted my back, “Welcome home dear,”

 

 

*                    *                   *                    *

 

My father reluctantly went back to work, but I sincerely thanked him for stopping by. Not only because he managed to end the overly chaotic party, but because, if he hadn't gotten there in time, I might have been by Onew.

 

“Happy almost New Year daddy!” I energetically yelled as he disappeared into his limo. Then I entered back into the house of hell, silently closing the door behind me. Turns out my dad forced SHINee to clean up the house and surprisingly they finished everything by the time my dad and I ended our family moment. I searched for them, to thank them for telling the truth.

 

I discovered the five of them in the living room with the grand piano: tired, exhausted, and wiped out. Tightly packed together on one couch, none of them noticed I came in. Time for a surprise.

 

I jumped up and landed on the laps of all five of them, lying flat on my stomach. Luckily, Minho was the one on the head end. I stared up at him and pulled him into a hug, making sure I was still on SHINee's laps.

 

“Thank you. I love you, Minho. Seriously, thank you!” I kicked my legs, flailing them everywhere, because of my pure happiness. Thank the Lord Onew was on the end, kinda wanted to teach him a lesson for last time.

 

“Yah!” Onew yelled, “Stop kicking me!”

 

Still hugging Minho I looked at Onew and stuck out my tongue. “It's what you get for ual assaulting me!”

 

“He ually assaulted you?” Jonghyun questioned.

 

I nodded my head. See at least someone had the heart to care for me.

 

“No fair!” Jonghyun complained. “You should have told me, I would have gladly joined in.” He yelled at Onew. Okay, maybe Jonghyun didn't care about me...

 

“God get off of us Jin Ae!” Key diva-ishly wailed, “Your like a fat cow!”

 

“Hey! I'm not that heavy!” I glared at him.

 

“Seriously, you're suffocating us,” Taemin pretended that he couldn't breath.

 

“You guys are wimps,” I stated, “I mean look at Minho, he's fine,” I hugged him again, “Seriously, thank youuu~”

 

Minho laughed, “Okay, Jin Ae, you can stop hugging me now. I think I'm gonna suffocate because you're hugs are crushing me to death,” He laughed, he actually laughed! And smiled!

 

“Ah,” I looked up at him with apologetic puppy eyes, “Sorry,”

 

Onew counted, “1, 2, 3,”

 

Next thing I knew, Taemin, Key, Jonghyun, and Onew flipped me. When I painfully landed on the hard, rough ground, my head collided with a loud bang.

 

“Just because Minho saved your sorry , doesn't mean all of us are going to forgive you so easily,” Onew harshly spat at me.

 

“Plus, we had to clean the whole mansion because Minho confessed,” Key huffed, clearly upset by the meager, frivolous task.

 

“And now we're stuck with you again,” Taemin groaned.

 

“And honestly, I don't think Minho has officially forgiven you either,” Jonghyun commented.

 

I glanced up at Minho who just silently nodded in agreement. Traitor. You bravely stick up for me, causing me to stay here, and yet, this is how you treat me? Why didn't you just get rid of me when you had the chance?

 

I sighed, “Geez, you guys are good at holding grudges,” From the look on their eyes I realized that they were definitely not going to give in, “Okay fine. I'll do whatever you guys want me to until midnight,”

 

“Seriously?” Jonghyun's chocolate brown eyes lit up with an ignited spark of mischief.

 

“Yes, but nothing too erted,” I made that rule crystal clear.

 

“Aw, fine,” Jonghyun pouted.

 

I looked at the clock, it was 10:30. “So, I'm your slave for another hour and a half,”

 

When I looked back at the boys they all had devilish grins on their faces. I gulped. Crap, what did I just get myself into?!?!