SM Family

Midnight Kiss

Ch 16- SM Family

 

“Oh. My. God!” I gawked at the building, “This is some fancy building,” I was standing in front of the SM Entertainment company building. Like a kingdom made from the glass, the building hovered over the others and shined brighter than the others as well. Probably because the sun reflected off the glass, but whatever. Like Cinderella's glass slippers it seemed delicate, yet sturdy. I stood in amazement at the fascinating sight.

 

(Pretend SM Building :] )

 

“Are you coming or what?” Minho called from the front door, all of the members waiting for me.

 

“Coming!” I hustled through the door. I gazed at the wondrous place surrounding me. To think, I'm in the place where practically the most talented of talented people walked. I inhaled heavily.

 

“OH. MY. GOD!” I yelled again, starting to sound like a booming megaphone.

 

“Do you really have to keep saying that?” Onew covered his ears in annoyance, trying to block out the commotion I was making.

 

“Oh my gosh! Look at that!” I happily ran to observe the awesome, sophisticated welcoming desk.

 

 

“Ah! And look at that!” I scurried about like a hyper bunny, high on carrots or something. Seriously, I cannot control how I act. Plus, I'm running on like four hours of sleep. It's around 7 in the morning and you expect me to act normal? Not gonna happen. For some reason the less sleep I have the more chaotic I become. Must have something to do with lack of sleep. I checked out the beast looking vending machines.

(Touch Screen Vending Machine Say WHAT?!)

 

“Yah! Get back here!” Onew screamed, starting to sound like a controlling adult.... I mean, attempting.

 

Nobody's POV

 

“She's fine,” Key nonchalantly defended, gently patting Onew's shoulder, “Just as long as she stays nearb-” Key looked over to find you gone, no longer anywhere in sight.

 

“Where did she go?” Taemin turned around in a circle, over and over again until he starting getting dizzy. He almost fell to the ground, but Minho's ninja reflexes kicked in and he caught him.

 

“Woah, she completely disappeared,” Jonghyun said in utter shock, his eyes widening.

 

“We gotta find her,” Minho took off, unconsciously dropping Taemin on the ground, causing him to wince in pain.

 

Key sighed, “Taemin go with Minho. Jonghyun come with me. Onew go explain to the manager why we'll probably be late.” The all ran in seperate directions. Taemin slowly got up, aching in pain.

 

“God, now I feel like we're babysitting!” Jonghyun complained, following Key.

 

“Oh, shut up. You know _____ is the most fun we've had in a while,” Key smirked.

 

Jonghyun chuckled, “Well you got that right,”

 

Your POV

 

Oh oh oh oh oppareul saranghae. Ah ah ah ah manhi manhi hae,” I sang and skipped to the song 'Oh!' by Girls' Generation.

 

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks and looked at my surroundings. Finally it dawned onto me.

 

WHERE THE FREAK AM I?

 

I scanned the area around me. This hallway didn't look like the huge corridor I was in a second ago... I also noticed that SHINee was no where in sight.

 

Holy crap.... I'm lost. I'm a sixteen year old and I managed to get myself lost. In a foreign building. In Korea; a place I've never been to in my life until yesterday. Also, the guys still have my phone, so attempting to call my dad isn't gonna work. He's probably busy working anyway...

 

I sighed and looked around desperately.

 

My eyes focused on a couple of girls, who from behind looked possibly my age. I tapped on one girl's shoulder and kindly asked, “Um, do you know where I could find SHINee?”

 

She turned around.

 

OMG! I recognize her! She was the raccoon eyes chick from the party last night, the one that was glued to Taemin. Except now she had a more natural look, which honestly looks twenty times better than the nightmare she was wearing on her face last night. Looking at her in broad daylight, she was actually kinda pretty.

(Sulli from fx)

 

“Why do you want to see SHINee?” She harshly questioned and crossed her arms, “I'm guessing you're another crazed desperate fan that managed to sneak in. Sorry to break it to you, but there's no way they'd talk to a plain and unsophisticated girl like you,”

 

Okay, scratch that compliment I just gave her. This chick is a . Plain, no. Ordinary, maybe. Sophisticated, YES! I mean come on! Look at what I'm wearing! Skirts annoy me sometimes, but I had to pick something nice since Onew told me so.

 

I just stared at her, trying to prevent myself from glaring at her, since I now realized who she was: Sulli from the girl band F(x). And in this situation, she has the upper hand. I would not want to mess with a celebrity. Excluding SHINee, I can mess with them as much as I can. Hey, I live with them now.

 

Thankfully a savior rescued me, “Sulli, no need to be so harsh,”

 

I looked to see who my hero was. Rather she was my heroine.

(Hyoyeon from Girls' Generation)

 

“She's probably just lost,” She smiled, “Aw, she's adorable,”

 

Sulli just snickered.

 

“Don't mind her,” Hyoyeon shoved Sulli aside, “So you wanted to see SHINee,”

 

“Actually I arrived with them,” I started off, but then I embarrassingly lowered my head, “But I kinda got distracted with the fancy interior of the place that I wandered away from them,”

 

“AWW! You're even cuter than Taemin!” She pulled me into a tight hug, “Do not tell him I told you that, he would kill me,”

 

“I'm Hyoyeon from Girls' Generation,” She introduced herself and bowed.

 

“I'm _____. Nice to meet you,” I titled my head to the side and smiled.

 

She hugged me, “Seriously, I just want to keep you for myself,” She pulled away slightly, “I can bring you to the practice room. SHINee and Girls' Generation are working on a dance together today,”

 

“YAY! Thank you, Unnie~” I hugged her.

 

“No problem,” Hyoyeon kindly patted my head and whispered, “But if Sulli ever messes with you just tell me, okay?”

 

“Deh,” I nodded.

 

~In The Practice Room~

 

“YAH! WHY DID YOU WANDER OFF LIKE THAT?!” Umma Key scolded me.

 

“You should've stayed close. We thought we lost you!” Worry was in Minho's eyes as he lectured.

 

“Don't run away like that again! You practically gave me a heart attack,” Taemin had an expression of pure pain and heartache.

 

“Sorry, sorry!” I bowed and begged for forgiveness, “I was just distracted by the place. And plus, I'm living off of like four hours of sleep, of course I'm gonna go psychotic,”

 

“YOU COULD'VE JUST CALLED US OR SOMETHING!” Key bickered.

 

“Well whose fault is that! If you don't recall, YOU GUYS TOOK MY PHONE!” I yelled in his face, “And plus, I don't even have your guys' numbers,”

 

“You're such a pain,” Key scratched his head.

 

“You're one to talk,” I stuck out my tongue.

 

“Just don't scare us like that again,” Minho ruffled my hair.

 

“We're just glad your here now,” Taemin also ruffled my hair, making it worse.

 

“I'm surprised she managed to find her way here,” Jonghyun laughed.

 

“What's that suppose to mean?” My tone of voice flashed warnings everywhere.

 

“No, nothing. Nothing at all,” Jonghyun just backed away with a smirk.

 

“She's annoying. I'm tired of having to put up with you. You walk away without knowing your surroundings at all. You make the members run around for you. Plus, you made us late for practice. To top it all off, I feel like I'm taking care of a child,” Onew harshly barked.

 

“I'd rather enjoy my life and act like a child, then act like you. Harsh. Cold. Insensitive. Plus, your adult world is rather creepy if you ask me,” I responded.

 

“Would you like to visit my adult world?” Onew inched towards me.

 

“Haha, no thanks,” I awkwardly hid behind Hyoyeon.

 

“Yikes!” Onew was about to sprint full out, away from Hyoyeon. However, she managed to yank at his collar and pull him towards her.

 

“YAH! Are you picking on ____?” Her eyes filled with anger.

 

“No, of course not!” Onew quickly answered, struggling to get out of Hyoyeon's grasp.

 

“Was he messing with you?” Hyoyeon asked. I looked Onew deep in the eyes, watching as a flicker of complete fear flashed through his eyes. Revenge #1.

 

I gave Hyoyeon the big puppy dog eyes and pouted, “Deh, unnie. He always picks on me. I always tell him to stop, but he's just so mean to me,”

 

“I-” Onew started, but was suddenly drug away by Hyoyeon into a deep dark closet. I stuck out my tongue at Onew as he was being yanked away.

 

“You're dead,” He mouthed. Oh, well. I'll enjoy this moment for the rest of my life. Protector Hyoyeon, the mighty and lovely heroine who drags creepy rapists away from innocent young girls. Once again she saves the day!

 

As I was thinking all this to myself, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going; therefore, I slammed and roughly collided with a random stranger.

 

“I'm sorry,” I quickly bowed and looked up at who I ran into.

(Luna from Fx)

 

“Next time watch where you're going,” She hissed. Woah, what got her in a bad mood.

 

“Sorry, it won't happen again,” I gave her an innocent smile. Behind my innocent smile, my brain was calculating the fact that this was the girl that I saw Onew with in my room the other day.

 

“Don't smile at me like that. It's annoying,” Luna rudely commented. My smile turned into a frown.

 

“That's better,” She smirked, “Now that you're attention is on me, you better listen up,” She got eye level with me, glaring, “Mess with Onew one more time and you'll have to deal with me,”

 

I gulped. Though Luna seemed loving, funny, outgoing, and charming on TV, now she looked cunning and evilly terrifying. The black, dark aura circulated around her, sending waves of hatred towards me.

 

She went back to normal, giving me a celebrity smile and said, “I'm glad you understand. See you around,”

 

I stayed there stunned as I unconsciously leaned against the wall as my knees gave out. I sighed, when suddenly I felt a tender hand touch my shoulder.

 

I glanced up to see Minho smiling at me.

 

“What are you looking at?” I tried to play it tough.

 

He leaned against the wall and slid his hands in his pockets, “Don't try to act tough. It doesn't suit you,”

 

“Shut up,” I replied. Minho just laughed.

 

“By the way, since you've been a good girl for the past couple of minutes and haven't gotten lost in that amount of time, here's your reward,” He pulled out my cell phone.

 

“Aw!~ My baby!” I grabbed the phone from his hands and started hugging the thing like it was human being. “Did those dirty bad boys hurt you?”

 

Minho cleared his throat.

 

“Uh...I wasn't talking about you?” I attempted with my fail of an excuse.

 

“Nice try,” He snatched my phone away and started walking away.

 

“YAH! Give it back!” I was about to chase after him, but honestly, I was too tired to. Not enough sleep...

 

“Better luck next time,” Minho turned around to stick out his tongue and continued to saunter away, tossing my phone in the air then catching it.

 

I pouted and sunk back to the floor, pouting, “I miss my baby! My poor phone! I need her! Who knows what those evil boys will do to her......... HOLY FREAK! THEY BETTER NOT LOOK AT MY PICTURES!” I just remembered some of those text messages and those pictures had soo many embarrassing things on it.

 

“Minho! Wai-” Suddenly a body completely blocked me. “Oh, sorry. I'm kinda in a rush,” I tried to go past the person, but they just moved in front of me again. I moved to the left, the move in front of me again. I glance to see who I ran into this time.

 

(Yuri from Girls' Generation)

 

“Where you talking to Minho a second ago?” Yuri crossed her arms defensively.

 

“Um, yeah...” I answered.

 

She glared at me, “Don't talk to him okay? Ever.” Possessive much?

 

“What if I decide that I can talk to him whenever I want,” I smirked. Okay, I'm done with being nice to these celebrities. They are getting on my nerves!

 

“Listen, chick. I don't think you understand what you're in for. Leave Minho alone and no one gets hurt,” She warned.

 

I just stepped closer to her so that I was inches away from her, “Bring it,”

 

She chuckled, “Then welcome to Hell 101,” And with that the angelic, athletic Yuri that I heard about walked away with devilish sass, strutting away in stilettos.

 

I just shook my head and swag walked away from the infuriating scene. As I continued to wander, I passed two girls who stuck out their foot, tripping me.

(Jessica from Girls' Generation)

 

“Oh, I'm so sorry,” Jessica stated with her fake sympathy, “I promise it won't happen again,”

(Krystal from Fx)

 

“Yeah, everything between us will be just fine,” Krystal glared, “Well, as long as you keep your desperate hands off of Jonghyun,”

 

“And Key,” Jessica crossed her arms.

 

I just gave them a blank stare. Are these people really gonna get all up in my business over guys? I mean come, we're not twelve anymore.

 

“Don't play dumb,” Krystal hissed.

 

“You're little scene with SHINee earlier shows how needy of a girl you are,” Jessica curtly commented.

 

“Just keep your paws off of them, and we'll keep you on our good side,” Krystal roughly ordered. The two sisters strutting away, like two models on a runway.

 

Angrily I began to stomp down the hallway.

 

WHAT IS WITH ALL THESE K-POP CELEBRITIES HATING ON ME?

 

First, all of SHINee hated me, and it's possibility they still do.

Secondly, Sulli comes up and completely insults me and hates me for probably yelling at Taemin the other night, since she seems SOO 'protective' of him.

Thirdly, Luna comes in, insults my smile, and tells me not to mess with Onew or I'll be dead.

Fourth, there's Yuri who officially reserved me in her private lesson in Hell 101.

Fifth, there's the two ice princesses, Jessica and Krystal. Like the two sisters they are, both of them have a pretty harsh glares that could kill. Oh, and guess what? If I 'flirt' with Jonghyun or Key, those looks will kill.

 

Life ....

 


 

I watched SHINee perform a duet dance, coupled with the girls who threatened me earlier.

 

 

 

Hyoyeon and I sat on the floor watching.

 

Taemin & Sulli

Key & Jessica

Jonghyun & Krystal

Onew & Luna

Minho & Yuri

 

SHINee was getting really into the dance, creating a powerful and charismatic atmosphere. Each dance move strong and fearless; all of them so concentrated and dedicated. This performance washed away all of the negativity I had of them. Too bad that feeling would wash away once it was over.

 

Suddenly, I felt aggressive chills shoot down my spine.

 

Those glares were like daggers sent to murder me. Each girl would seductively touch SHINee, staring me dead in the eye when they did. I just rolled my eyes. All of these girls are beautiful. They did't need to lower themselves by using dirty tricks and tactics to get guys. I mean seriously, no offense, but after living with SHINee for a day or so I realized that they are no where near the princes I imagined them to be and these girls could do better.

 

“Wow, they're really getting into the y glare today for some reason,” Hyoyeon commented.

 

“Haha, yeah,” I just laughed awkwardly.

 

The music ended as they all hit their final poses. Mine and Hyoyeon's claps filled the air, when suddenly I hear 'Vanilla Love' echo throughout the dance studio.

 

Jonghyun, Key, Minho, Taemin, and Onew looked at me, then over at the lighting up phone that was across the floor next to Minho's leather jacket. I glanced back at them and sprinted towards my phone.

 

“Too slow!” Minho yelled as he swooped up my phone, throwing it to Key like a basketball player.

 

“Come on guys! Seriously!” I huffed, running over to Key; who then tossed it to Jonghyun. He looked at the lit up screen, reading the contact who was calling.

 

“Jonghyun, give me the phone,” I warned.

 

Jonghyun smiled and teasingly commented, “What if I answer the call?”

 

“You'll be waking up tomorrow not knowing where you are, in a place completely cold, barren, and foreign with your dinosaur pajamas being the only thing to keep you company. Give me the phone or I promise you'll regret it,” I threatened; words sliding off of my tongue like pure venom.

 

He just shrugged, “Hello?” He answered the phone, running backwards as I lunged towards him, trashing my arms, attempting to stop Jonghyun.

 

“Oh, hey Kai! What's up?” Jonghyun asked so casually. “Who am I? Oh, I'm _____'s boyfr-”

 

I back kicked him in the guts, as he stumbled backwards landing on his , throwing my phone in the air in the process. With my quick ninja skills I caught my precious phone and pressed it against my ear, sticking my tongue out at Jonghyun.

 

“Jjongie~” A distressed Krystal came to his side. I left the scene, going out into the hallway, not wanting any trouble with Krystal.

 

“Um, hello?” I hear Kai's uncertain and confused voice.

 

“Sorry, Kai. That's just one of my new friends here in Korea. Just a really annoying friend,” I clearly emphasized friend, not wanting to create any misunderstandings.

 

Kai just laughed, “Well that's good. I'd thought I'd have some competition or something,”

 

“Aha, well you better work hard to win my heart,” I replied.

 

“I'll work harder, better, faster, stronger,” He hummed to Kanye West's song 'Stronger'.

 

“Wow, lame,” I commented, “That's such an old song,”

 

“You know you like it,” He retorted.

 

“Psh, in you're dreams,” I smirked. We just laughed together, having a moment.

 

“So why did you call?” I asked him, biting my lip shyly. Just hearing his voice made me nervous. The butterflies in my stomach wouldn't stop. Kai just makes me happy. He always has. He never leaves my side, protecting me, and loving me. I would tell him about my mom and how secretly I wanted to know more about my dad, if he really was the conniving devil my mom named him to be. Kai was trustworthy and would never hurt me.

 

“Just wanted to check up on you and see how you were doing because this morning you hung up quickly and I heard you yell. Wanted to make sure you weren't mugged or rapped or something,” Kai said with a serious, yet caring tone.

 

“Aw, that's sweet,” I chuckled.

 

Now you might be wondering. Why do you guys talk like you're together? Well we're not. I've had a huge crush on him for a while now and at first I didn't even realize I liked him like that. I know from my side, I like him. A lot.

 

However, on the Kai side, I'm not so sure his feelings are mutual. Sure, he sweet talks me. Sure, he always listens to my problems. Sure, we spend time with each other twenty four seven, as if we were glued by the hip. But if he really liked me, wouldn't he have confessed by now? Wouldn't he have kissed me by now? I mean, SHINee already beat him to it, and I've only known them for almost a day.

 

His voice snapped me back to reality, “Because I'm a sweet guy,” I just laughed.

 

“Sure, whatever you wanna think,” I .

 

I heard murmuring in the background.

 

“Sorry, I have to go,” Kai apologized.

 

“Kay, talk to you later,” I said my good-byes and hung up.

 

I sighed with happiness and smiled like a complete idiot, giggling for like two minutes by myself. If someone walked by and saw me now they would've quickly sent me to an insane asylum or something.

 

“Could you quit giggling, you sound like a crazy person,”

 

I looked up to find a rather sweaty Onew leaning against the wall, with his foot propped up against it, giving off a Mr. Bad Boy pose.

 

I frowned, “Way to ruin my mood by showing me your face,”

 

“You should feel honored to be able to be this close to me,” He snickered.

 

“Honored? Don't you think you're acting a little too arrogant?” I questioned him.

 

“I'm arrogant because I'm y and I know it,” Onew smirked.

 

I gagged.

 

Standing up I looked him in the eye, “Shouldn't you be practicing your dance or something?”

 

“It's a break time,”

 

“Then go talk to Luna or something,” I suggested, crossing my arms, “Instead of wasting my time,”

 

“You weren't doing anything besides desperately flirting with your American friend over the phone.” Onew snickered. “Plus why do want me to talk to Luna?”

 

“Because. I. Don't. Want. To. Talk. To. You.” I pronounced each word slowly so that he'd understand.

 

“Okay, if that's how you wanna be,” He stood up straight, hands in his pockets, “Luna's a much more interesting girl to talk with. Not to mention more interesting to look at to,” He winked and began to walk away.

 

“Um, hold up,” I ran in front of Onew, stopping him in his tracks, “What did you just say?”

 

“Luna equals hot, y, charming, cute. You equals barbaric, bipolar, ugly, desperate, and annoying,” He explained.

 

“You're kidding me right?” I offensively stated, “I'm not barbaric or desperate. I'm bipolar because I'm a girl and we have our moments. I'm annoying because I love to annoy the heck out of you. And I'm not ugly, you just are either blind or you have the worst taste in girls,”

 

“Denial,” Onew hummed.

 

“Honestly, if I wanted you looking at me like you look at Luna, I could have you wrapped around my fingers.”

 

“Wow,” Onew put his arms behind his head, looking relaxed, “Do I detect a hint of jealousy in your tone? Are you jealous of Luna?”

 

“Is that seriously all you got from that last sentence?!” I hollered at him.

 

Onew pushed me against the wall, “What I got from the sentence was that you can have me wrapped around your fingers and that you're better than Luna,” He whispered in my ear, “Show me what you got then. Show me the y you. The charming you. The cute you who struggles to escape my grasp when she's below me,”

 

I froze, remembering those few times. The times when I was completely terrified Onew would seriously do something to me. The fear of those bitter memories of the past awakening with each moment I had with Onew.

 

“Not so brave now are we?” He teased, scattering light kisses everywhere on my neck, tightly bounding my wrists with his hands.

 

“Let me go,” I whimpered. It came out as pathetic and weak rather than brave and strong.

 

He chuckled, starting to bite on a tender spot on my neck.

 

I growled, “Let. Me. Go,” With a swift move kicked him off of me, using the same kick I used to get my phone from Jonghyun.

 

Am I psycho for kicking people like crazy today? Psh, NOO! It's self defense.

 

Leaving Onew there struggling on the floor, I ran back into the dance studio to find those five girls glaring at me. Hyoyeon was gone, either practicing in another dance studio or she went to grab some breakfast.

 

“Well look who decided to come back,” Luna inched towards me.

 

“We were hoping you went home. Or got hit by a car,” Krystal commented.

 

“But yet you come trailing back into the predators' territory,” Yuri smirked.

 

“I'm pretty sure we made our warning clear,” Jessica shoved me.

 

“We don't want you here,” Sulli grabbed her pink metal water bottle and dumped her green tea all over me.

 

“Welcome to our lovely family,” Luna laughed as her and the other girls high-fived each other in victory.