Midnight Countdown!

Midnight Kiss

Ch 12- Midnight Countdown!

 

Hyung! Jin Ae! Come help us make a champagne fountain!” Taemin's voice echoed down the hall as I heard his footsteps come closer and closer.

 

Taemin's gonna kill you if he sees you forcing yourself on me,” I hissed at Onew.

 

He just smirked, “Just consider yourself lucky,” Onew got up from the couch and hollered to Taemin, “I'm coming,”

 

I just sat up from the coach, staring into the crackling sparks of the flames in the fireplace.

 

Like me the small sparks wanted to escape. Too bad they actually managed to make that happen. I, on the other hand, am stuck here, trapped in my selfish need to know more about my parents. Not only that, but I'm forced to be a slave to five guys until midnight. Never knowing if they're gonna be angels or devils.

 

Speaking of devils. Onew. Why does he keep treating me like this, like I'm just his object to mess with? He was always known for being kind and considerate as well as clumsy yet charming. Sadly, the Onew I know, is nothing close to the prince charming I thought him to be.

 

I sighed. Something inside of me kind of wanted Onew to quit with this bad boy act. At least, I'm praying that it IS just an act.

 

Still in depression from my current thoughts, I trudged into the kitchen.

 

Minho chuckled and walked up to you, “What's wrong? The slave needs to entertain her bored masters,” He gently your cheeks while gazing deeply into your eyes. Sure, it would seem romantic from an outsider's point of view, but I watched as that competitive flame ignited in Minho. “Or would you rather admit defeat?”

 

My eye twitched in irritation. This guy was pushing my limits. There was NO WAY I was letting Choi Minho get away with this!!

 

“How shall I entertain you?” I stepped closer to him, closing the gap between us. I hoped that this slave act would help me get rid of my dismal thoughts AND show Minho who's boss here.

 

He smiled, “Kiss me when the clock strikes midnight,”

 

Well that was unexpected!

 

“Um, what? I'm sorry, did I hear that correctly?” I was certainly convinced that those words DID NOT just come out of his mouth. Maybe, the blow to my head I received from Onew messed up my brain...

 

Minho used your chin to tilt your head up, making you look directly into his large, hypnotizing eyes, “You hear me, kiss me at midnight,”

 

“What?! WHY?” I complained. Kisses were sacry. Well, at least to me there were. You don't just go around giving kisses to everyone you see. I mean, come on! There is more meaning behind a kiss. Both parties have to want it to show how they care for one another. Not just for a stupid challenge.

 

Minho just shrugged and walked away. I stood there in shock, not wanting midnight to come at all. Still seeing me flustered Minho smirked.

 

Ah, how I want to punch that smirk right off of your face right now!!!

 

I clenched my fists against me as I heard his voice go through my head over and over again.

 

Come on, Jin Ae. It's just a kiss. It's nothing to get so upset over.”

 

Oh, how much I hated hearing his voice in my head. After all these years, I thought I completely forgot about him. After all these years, I thought NOTHING would ever pull you back to those horrid memories. After all these years, I thought time would heal the wounds. And yet, he manages to crawl back into my mind.

 

“Yay! We did it!” I heard Taemin celebrating, which pulled me out of my trance.

 

I looked over to see an enormous champagne fountain they created. I watched as Key poured the bottle as the liquid cascaded down slowly into each glass.

 

“That better be non-alcoholic!” I playfully scolded as I walked over the island.

 

“It's sparkling apple cider. No worries,” Key winked at you. The wink you ignored and grabbed a party hat and a couple of noise makers.

 

“Let's party!” Jonghyun came in with an iPod dock and blasted the song 'Bottoms Up' by Trey Songz.

 

The atmosphere automatically lit up as the upbeat music played. We all danced and partied like there was no tomorrow. Surprisingly, the guys were sincerely having a good time. And I was too. Well, mostly because none of them were using me as a slave at the moment.

 

“Guys! Thirty seconds until midnight!” Taemin yelled and gathered all of us into a huge huddle.

 

“Taemin, why are we in a huddle?” Onew questioned.

 

“We gotta be close so that for the rest of the year we'll all be close also,” Taemin smiled.

 

“Aw, soo cute,” I pinched his cheek.

 

He rubbed his cheek and pouted, “I'm not cute,”

 

I just smiled, “Sorry, my bad TaeTae. You're the manliest guy in SHINee,”

 

“See, Hyungs~ I am manly,” Taemin made a superman pose.

 

“When did we ever say you weren't?” Key sarcastically stated.

 

“Jin Ae, don't tell Taemin lies or he's gonna get a big head,” Jonghyun told me.

 

Taemin stuck his tongue out at Jonghyun, “What's that suppose to mean?!”

 

“Nothing, nothing at all,” Jonghyun avoided his glare.

 

“But I'm not lying Jonghyun,” All the members stared at me with shocked looks, including Taemin, “TaeTae is the most charismatic and manly one on stage. Whenever he dances my eyes are always on him. He just lures you in with his skills,”

 

Taemin smiled at me, but the rest of the members frowned.

 

“What?” I asked innocently. Taemin looked at his other Hyungs and smiled.

 

“Don't worry, Jin Ae,” Taemin's smile shined brighter, “The other members are just jealous that you chose me over them,”

 

“Am not!” The rest of them denied in unison. I just chuckled at their jealousy of the maknae.

 

Key looked at his watch, “Ten seconds guys! It's almost midnight!” All of the other members looked down at their watches too.

 

Midnight.

 

CRUD!

 

I glanced over at Minho who was directly across from me. He smiled and I just gulped. As the other members were concentrated on counting down, staring at their watches.

 

“Ten!” The four members yelled in unison. Minho inched closer.

 

“Nine!” Minho stood in front of me.

 

“Eight!” Minho wrapped a his arms around my waist, pressing me against him.

 

“Seven!” He looked deeply into my eyes.

 

“Six!”

 

He chuckled and whispered into my ear, “You don't have to do this if you don't want to,”

 

“Five!”

 

I just shook my head and stated, “Don't chicken out now Minho. Or you lose,”

 

“Four!”

 

Minho smirked, “I just was giving you a chance to back down,”

 

“Three!”

 

“But seems like you don't want to,” He teased. I just clenched my hands into fists.

 

“Two!” I looked up at Minho, about to argue.

 

“One!” But next thing I knew, his lips were directly on my lips.