The Boiling Point

Midnight Kiss

I awoke to find myself uncomfortably lying on a hard, cold, wooden bench. I slowly prepped myself up, looking at my surroundings. Trees. Mountains. More trees. The sun glaring into my eyes, about to set behind the thousands of broccoli-like trees. I turned to see a sign behind me: The Hot Springs Train Station.

 

Train Station.

 

I frowned. I hate that word with a burning passion. Scratch that, I wholeheartedly loathed even the sound of a train horn, echoing in the distance. It reminded me of him. The scars he left me. The wounds he gave me. Those nightmarish memories.

 

“Good to see you're awake,” I turned to see a casual Kim Hyun Joong.

 

“Great. Where is that knock out gas when you desperately need it?” I mumbled.

 

Kim Hyun Joong laughed, “Do you really hate me that much?”

 

I looked up at him, with sincere eyes, “More than you can remember,”

 

Suddenly, he sat next to me, his face inches away from my mine, squinting his eyes, observing, “I swear, you look so familiar. Have we ever gone on a date? Maybe once? Twice?”

 

I flinched at the fact that he couldn't remember. That my name didn't even pass through his dense mind.

 

“Must have been once,” I stated, “I never make the same mistake twice,”

 

He smiled, “See that's what I like about you. A girl who isn't afraid to speak her mind. A girl who's independent. Someone who doesn't need a man to make her who she is,”
 

I laughed, “You must not date the right kind of girls then,”

 

“Naw,” He leaned back, putting his hands behind his head, “All the girls I've dated were always loyal, completely obedient...” Obedient...

 

You know what I love about you? You're loyal. I'm glad I can trust you 100%”

 

“They would practically take a bullet for me if I asked them to,”

 

Opppa~ I'd catch a grenade for you~

 

“All of them, so easily captivated, mesmerized by me. Each of them, so willing to do everything I said.”

 

Babe, could you make me sandwich? Babe, could you stop by the store and buy me some condoms? Babe, could I borrow some cash? I promise I'll pay you back. Babe, can I borrow your car for the weekend? Babe, since your mom isn't home, can I sleep over? ….. Thanks, Babe,” He kissed my forehead, “You're the best,”

 

“It was never fun.”

 

My heart shattered at his words. I could hear my heart as he stepped over the broken shards, unharmed, untouched.

 

He smiled at me, “What about you? I bet you've had a ton of relationships,”

 

“No, I don't really get around like you do,” With no tone, no emotion, the words came piling out as I stared at the ground, “I had only one serious relationship. He was my everything. He was my world. He was the one. Everything he told me sounded like it came directly from a fairytale. He was the Prince Charming to my happy ever after. Too bad, too. He turned out to be a complete jerk,” I had a broken smile, gazing up at the sad trees.

 

“Really? That . I'd hate to be that guy. I bet he regrets being a jerk when he lost you,” Kim Hyun Joong seemed sincere. How stupid can a guy be? Obviously this guy was the definition of stupidity. Look it up in a dictionary and 'Oh Loook!' it's his face!

 

I forcefully stood up, storming towards the station's entrance when I aggressively bumped into someone, causing me to stumble backwards slightly.

 

“Sorry, I didn't see you there,” I looked up to see Minho, Yuri next to him, and everyone else behind him. “Jin Ae, are you okay? You look pale,” He reached towards my face, I just moved away from the tender hand.

 

“I'm fine, can we just go now?” I asked, staring at my feet.

 

Taemin quickly ran to my side, “I hope you mean to the Hot Spring because are NOT going home and that's final,”

 

I glanced up at him with sad eyes, “Anywhere, but here in the train station,” Taemin seemed shocked at my soft, weak, hurt voice.

 

Onew just started walking to the parking lot, with Luna hanging onto his arm, “Let's go to our housing quarters guys,” I followed after Onew, racing to make sure I don't end up in the same car as Kim Hyun Joong.

 

Sadly, fate decided to despise me ever since I came to South Korea.

 

There we sat in a red Ferrari: Onew was driving, Luna in the passenger seat, and then HJ in the back with me. I was practically hugging the car door the whole ride, gripping the handle, tempted to jump out of the fast moving vehicle.

 

“So, Hyun Joong,” Onew up a conversation, “I don't understand why you like Jin Ae. I mean, sure she has pretty nice body, but her personality has way to many flaws. Plus, she doesn't seem like the type of girl you'd date,”

 

Even though Onew was insulting me, I subconsciously, deeply urged him to keep going. Drive HJ away from me so that I would never have to see him again. The ghosts of my past need to quietly stay where they belong, in the past, locked up there like a prisoner.

 

HJ just laughed, “She's actually really sweet. I can tell she's only putting up an act to push me away. That and she probably has some trust issues from whoever her last boyfriend was,”

 

“She had a boyfriend?!” Onew yelled in shock, “Who would ever want that?”

 

“Onew, shut up,” I hissed.

 

HJ smirked, happy that I was actually acknowledging the conversation, “I would love to have her. She's independent, doesn't care what others think, and freely speaks her mind. She's also responsible, because at the party I carefully watched as she made sure no one completely trashed or vandalized the house. She's 100% honest and truthful. She even told me that I throw my money where ever I go and I get around too much,”

 

Onew's expressions through the rear view mirror showed his emotion of being completely appalled.

 

“I still can't get over the fact that you want that,” Onew mumbled to himself. I ignored it, staring ou t my window at the sun disappearing behind the trees, wanting to quickly follow it so that I could disappear from this insanely annoying trip.

 

~

 

“Wah!” The female k-pop idols screeched in amazement, “It's beautiful!” All of them gawked at the interior of our rooms. They were located on the edge of a river in a cozy, hut-like building. Though they looked rather plain and ordinary on the outside, there were nothing near that expectation on the inside. There were two bedrooms with two king size beds. There was a living room with three couches crowded around a fireplace. There was a simple dining table next to that which then led into a quaint kitchen.

 

Suddenly, it hit me. No Tv. No laptop or computer. No telephone.

 

Then I frantically reached for my phone.

 

No service.

 

I sighed. Now what was I suppose to do to avoid these people.

 

“We're gonna split the bedrooms by boys and girls,” Onew explained.

 

“Hyung~ Why?” Jonghyun was starting to through a tantrum. “Can't we mix it up a bit?” He flashed a smile to Krystal who blushed madly.

 

“No,” Key interrupted, “We don't want anyone getting pregnant here,”

 

“YAH! I was thinking of that!” Jonghyun faked being hurt by Key's comment.

 

“Sure you weren't,” Taemin sarcastically added.

 

My little dong saeng! Not you too!” Jonghyun dramatically went over to Taemin.

 

“Come on hyung, think a little. The girls need privacy too.” Minho wisely explained.

 

“Fine,” Jonghyun accepted defeat.

 

“Well, I don't know about you guys, but I call the couch,” I plopped my things on the velvet red fabric couch.

 

“You're not going to share a room with the girls?” Key questioned.

 

“No thanks. You said there's only two beds right?” Key nodded, “Well then I'll give them more room so we don't have to squeeze three girls in a bed,”

 

“They're king sized beds. I'm sure there's plenty of room,” Key stated.

 

“It's okay Oppa~” Here comes the lovely Jessica, ready to but in in my conversation with Key, “She obviously doesn't like us. We'll let her have some space,”

 

Key just sighed at my stubbornness and grabbed everyone else to check out the rooms. I started unpacking my things, placing them in the side table drawers.

 

“So I'm guessing you aren't too found of the girls?” I turned to see HJ making his way towards me.

 

“You could say that. But I think they are the ones who have a hateful passion towards me more than I dislike them,” I explained. Might as well tell someone how I felt. SHINee obviously wouldn't listen to the many hints and clear clues I've been dropping.

 

“Really now? They seem quite innocent so far. On the other hand, you spit harsh words towards them,” He seated himself next to me on the comfy couch, “I'm just curious as to why,”

 

I looked him in the eyes, “Let's just say I show people who I am, whether it's my faults and imperfections or my good points. They want to deeply conceal what people might consider 'ugly'. They're being two-faced and protective over SHINee. In order to take things out on me, they plot and scheme to make me look bad in front of SHINee, creating a larger distance between me and them. So all in all, I'm just responding to the sides they only show me and no one else with those crude words,”

 

Suddenly a pleased smirk formed, “I'm surprised you actually willingly told me about your drama episode going on,”

 

I glanced over at him, “Just because I told you doesn't mean I trust you,”

 

“Now why is that?”

 

I snickered, “If only you knew,”

 

“Time to play-” In came Luna, dragging Onew along with her. The rest of the gang followed her behind. “Truth or Dare!”

 

“Ugh, I'm leaving,” I protested. This game always led to trouble, regrets, and giving the wrong people precious, private information.

 

“Nu-uh,” Minho laid his long legs on top of me, securing me to the couch. “You're gonna play whether you like it or not,”

 

“What if I don't wanna play,” I huffed.

 

“ to doesn't it?” Minho responded.

 

“But I don't wanna play!” I thrashed my arms wildly.

 

“Here let's have a bet,” Minho offered.

 

I was easily reeled in by the offer. Hook, line, and sinker.

 

I smiled, “Let me here it,”

 

Minho softly chuckled, “The goal is to get through the whole game and answer the questions truthfully and not backing down on any dares received. Got it?”

 

I carefully thought about it, “And the reward?”

 

“Slave for the rest of the trip. Today is Monday, so by Wednesday Midnight, the contract is off,” Minho proposed.

 

“Deal,” I shook hands, officially sealing the deal.

 

Next thing I know, all of us are in a circle on the living room floor with soda bottle in middle.

 

“Okay, so I say ladies, first,” Jonghyun smiled.

 

“I'll go first,” I offered, might as well if no one else had the guts to do it, “Truth,”

 

Luna smiled, “What do you like most about Hyun Joong?”

 

I looked over at the guy trying to play it cool, staring at the flames in the fireplace. “Hm,” Maybe I should say something nice? He actually listened and believed my story about the girls. “He actually listens to me when I tell him an absurd story, believing me 100%,”

 

“Aw, that's cute, but I meant more of looks wise,” Luna pressed on.

 

I just sighed, “Fine.... I like his eyes. They're dark, mysterious, and hypnotizing,”

 

HJ's eyes snapped towards me, away from the fire, grinning. He seemed gentle, loving, and happy.

 

“Okay, since Luna used Hyun Joong in that one, it's your turn. We should use people from this circle and whenever you use someone's name in the truth or dare, that person automatically goes next,” Yuri initiated her rule with others nodding in agreement.

 

“Truth or Dare?” Key nudged HJ.

 

“Hm, truth,” He cautiously chose.

 

Key diva sighed, “No fun... If you were stuck on an island which one book, movie, and person would you bring along?”
 

“I'd drop everything I have and just bring Jin Ae. She's all I need to survive,” HJ flashed a smile.

 

“AW~” All the girls gushed. Onew gagged. Minho and Taemin rolled their eyes. Jonghyun glared at the girls' reactions, probably thinking he had better lines than that. Key just chuckled.

 

“So that means it's Jin Ae's turn again,” Jessica giggled.

 

I eyed her suspiciously. This girl must really love this game in order to giggle when saying my name. But then again, they're all amazing actresses.

 

“What is the one thing that disgusts you?” Jessica threw in some sincere curiosity in her tone.

 

“Hmm, Onew,” I flat out stated.

 

“YAH! Why do I disgust you?” Onew angrily complained, looking like he was a bull ready to launch at me with his pointy devil horns.

 

“Self explanatory,” I confidently confirmed.

 

“Whatever,” Onew just furiously huffed off in defeat.

 

“Oppa~” Luna pouted, “Truth or Dare,”

 

“Dare,” He smirked.

 

“I dare you to kiss me,” Luna puffed out her lips.

 

“Gladly,” Onew pulled Luna on top of him, pushing her against him roughly. I gagged, seriously feeling my breakfast coming up. Minho covered Taemin's innocent eyes from the rated R scene before us. The girls awkwardly looked away blushing. Jonghyun jealously glared at them. Key was too busy observing the obvious stain on his new jacket. Kim Hyun Joong was looking at me.

 

“What?” I whispered at the stalker who sat next to me.

 

“Nothing, I just can't take my eyes off you,” He smoothly pulled a pick-up line.

 

I snickered, throwing a pillow at him, “I'm telling you pick-up lines don't work on me,”

 

He smirked, growing closer, “What about Onew's version? He obviously has Luna hooked from pulling her into a kiss. Wanna try?”

 

I quickly got up from my spot and sat next to Minho who was on the couch, still covering Taemin's eyes.

 

“Stupid HJ,” I mumbled.

 

Minho chuckled, “HJ? Hm, you guys are close enough that you gave him a nickname?” I suddenly realized what I called him, cursing myself under my breath. Never call him that again!

 

“Naw, it just slipped out. I think Key calls him that,” I quickly dodged his comment.

 

Minho smirked, “No we've all known him for a while and Key has never called him HJ,” I looked over at the overly amused Minho and playfully slapped his arm.

 

“Quit joking around,” I turned towards the game to see Onew and Luna still kissing, more aggressively, more intensely, more sloppily. I grabbed a pillow and swiftly chucked it at Onew's head.

 

“YAH!” Onew yelled in pain as their heads collided, “JIN AE! You interrupted,”

 

“So you asked me why the one thing that disgusts me is you right?”

 

Onew nodded.

 

“Well now you can see perfectly. At least do that in the privacy of the bathroom for all I care, but at least be courteous enough to let us finish the game,” I went back next to Minho.

 

“Since Jin Ae, rudely interrupted,” Luna glared at me, “It's your turn,”

 

“Really? You're not gonna give other people a chance?” I criticized.

 

“I'll go again,” HJ offered.

 

“See your boyfriend wants to play,” Luna smirked.

 

“He's NOT by boyfriend,” I hissed at her.

 

She just waved me off and went towards HJ, “Truth or Dare?”

 

“Dare,” He smiled, with a mysterious glint in his eye.

 

“In front of us, show us how you'd confess to Jin Ae,” Luna declared.

 

He nodded his head, grabbed my hand, and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arm securely around my waist.

 

“What are yo-”

 

Then he kissed me, softly, sweet like candy.

 

“I love you, Jin Ae. More than you'll ever know. Hopefully, you'll understand how I feel. This isn't just a simple crush, I think I'm seriously in love with you,”

 

I was about to protest, but he fiercely, hungrily shut me up with a kiss. I wanted to desperately break away from his lustful clutches, however, his arms were too strong.

 

SLAP.

 

It was the only way. I watched as he cowered backwards in pain.

 

“Ow, is that really how much you hate me?”

 

He stared up at me, tenderly touching the red hand print on his face, only to have a shocked expression spread across his face when he got a good look at me.

 

I was crying.

 

“Do not touch me like that ever again! You think you love me. You don't really love me. You might've in the past, but that was nothing but a terrible nightmare. You're the ghost I didn't want to come back into my life. You're the guy who I gave everything to and you threw it away like I was nothing. In my head, you were the prince and I was the princess. Too bad you never gave me the chance to make it a happy ever after,” Before I realized it I was blabbering on and on about my nonsense, going completely insane.

 

“What is she talking about?” I heard Jonghyun whisper into Key's ear.

 

“Is she alright?” Taemin quietly muttered to Minho, who just observed with confusion.

 

“Luna was this a part of the plan?” Krystal murmured.

 

“Wait what?” HJ slowly walked up to me, our bodies now three inches away from each other.

 

With the tears rolling down my cheeks I glanced up at him, “You really don't remember do you,”

 

“I-uh,” He hesitated.

 

I just shook my head and solemnly gazed into those confused eyes, “Then remember this name: Lee Jin Ae,” I watched as realization came across his face.

 

“Lee. Jin. Ae. You,” He softly stated these four words; choppy, hesitant, and daftly surprised.

 

That was my boiling point. I broke down. On the outside, I didn't show it yet, as I gloomily trudged away form them, making my way onto the balcony, closing the blinds. I let the cool breeze brush against my face as I let those tears finally stream down. I knew this would be a horrible trip from the start.

 


 

PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I'M SOO SOO SORRY!

I couldn't update at all because I've been out of town!!

Again, forgive me! I even promised up update more.

Hopefully you enjoyed the chapter though!

Love it? Hate it?

COMMENTS ARE VERY MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL!