Together Again

Midnight Kiss

The next morning I noticed that during breakfast, all of the guys seemed more happier, energetic, and lively for some strange reason.

 

“What's with all the energy?” I asked them.

 

“I don't know about these guys,” Taemin started, “But I'm just glad that you don't like Kai anymore,”

 

“Why?” I asked aloud, however I obviously knew the answer.

 

“No reason,” Those were the words that came out of Taemin's mouth, but his eyes were screaming 'Because I love you'.

 

“That is not the reason for all of us,” Onew coughed, “I just am glad that you're okay,”
 

I looked at Onew with honest confusion. What the heck?! Was Onew being nice to me?! I'll just let this slide for now and see if he ever turns back into normal.

 

“We're just all glad that you're safe and in a better mood now,” Key answered with a motherly reply.

 

“Uh-huh,” I just nodded my head and continued eating my breakfast.

 

At SM Entertainment

 

Time to get down to business. I took a deep breath. My goal for today is to work out what happened the other day with Minah. Also, explain to both Kai and Minah how I feel.

 

I entered the room and everyone's eyes were on me. Kim Hyun Joong was here, but today I didn't have time to care about him. I had to fix my relationship with Minah and Kai first.

 

“Jin Ae!” Min yelled in happiness, “I'm glad that you could come today! I was wondering if you and Kai should show us your duet so that everyone can learn how to interact with their partner's. Eye contact, subtle touches, and the appropriate distance from one another.”

 

I nodded my head. Kai slowly let go of Minah and cautiously towards me.

 

While Min was getting the music ready Kai slowly inched towards me.

 

“Jin Ae,” He whispered softly, “I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for everything,”
 

I stared into his eyes with confidence, “Kai. Don't be sorry,” He was about to object, but I stated, “I'll explain later. But for now, don't dance awkwardly with me. Dance like old times. Dance like we're still friends because we are. Let's show these professionals how California does it,” I smiled at him.

 

I watched as he nodded his head in slight confusion.

 

“Smile,” I mouthed to him as I got ready. Min let the music start.

 

 

Every time throughout the dance, I looked at Kai confidently and smiled. Making sure he understood that he didn't need to have his pity for me bring him and his performance down. I wanted people to show how great of a dance pair Kai and I are. A dating pair though? Looks like that won't ever come true. I sighed. Oh well. Things happen for a reason right?

 

I glanced over at SHINee as they watched me in awe. I chuckled at their expressions. Things happen for a reason. Maybe my future would include one of them? I laughed at my silly conclusion. Like that would ever happen.

 

When Kai and I finished dancing, everyone erupted applause. Except for Luna.

 

“Min,” I turned to her, “Could I possibly talk to Minah and Kai for a second?”

 

“Sure, Jin. You haven't seen them in a while so why not?” Min smiled, then she turned to everyone else.

 

I pulled them out into the hallway and took a deep breath, “Guys I'm sorry. Especially Minah I'm sorry for the words I spat out at you. Truthfully, I wasn't upset that you stole Kai from me, I actually thought it might happen sooner or later since you were always the prettier one out of us. But please don't feel bad for me, don't pity me. The real reason why I was bitter and angry the other day was because two of my closest friends kept the biggest secret in the word from me. I felt slightly betrayed. But we're still friends right?”
 

“JIN AE!” Minah burst into tears and hugged me, “Of course we're friends! I thought that after those cruel and false words I spat at you I imagined that you'd hate me! I'm so sorry, I just didn't want to tell you because I thought I would lose my relationship with you. You will always be my friend, even if one day you decide to take Kai away from my!” I laughed at this comment, “I'm serious though! I have been such a bad friend to you,”

 

“No, you're a great friend,” I patted her in the back.

 

When she pulled away, I smiled at Kai, “So we're cool now right?”

 

“Yeah, we're cool,” Kai pulled me over to him and gave me a big hug. We all entered the dance room linked to each other. Minah happily jumping and rejoicing into the dance studio, earning some weird glances.

 

“Jin Ae,” Kai told me once we were alone, “I really did love you. I really did. It's just Minah confessed to me before I could confess to you and well, my feelings sorta changed towards her. I ended up falling for her,”

 

“I loved you too,” I confessed to him, “But now that I realize it, you're not the only one who might've fallen for someone in the time we had away from each other,”

 

Kai glanced over at SHINee, “Which one do you like?”

 

“Yah! Who ever said it was one of them?” I playfully shoved him.

 

Minah came back around and launched into my arms happily, “I'm so happy! I'm so happy!” Kai and I just laughed at her.

 

“So I'm guessing you guys made up?” We all turned our heads to unhappily come face-to-face with Kim Hyun Joong.

 

“Yes, don't we always?” Minah hissed at him.

 

He shrugged, “I don't know. After I left, I assumed that you guys would never get back together as friends.”

 

“Well, you underestimated us,” I stated.

 

Hyun Joong chuckled, “I guess so,” With that he walked away towards Hyoyeon who was his partner for the dance. Every time he touched my loving Hyoyeon Unni I wanted to saw off his hands.

 

Kai was the first one to talk, “I'm guessing that's the one guy you two told me about before,”
 

“Uh-huh,” I answered.

 

“Yup,” Minah replied. “Why is he here anyway? Of all places.”

 

“Well apparently this is where his strive for music lead him. However, the timing of me meeting him here and everything doesn't seem right. I think he's up to something,” I confessed to Minah.

 

“Well, be careful, Jin Ae. Kai and I can't protect you since we're leaving after this practice to go back to California.” Minah stated.

 

“Aw~,” I pouted, “Why?! Can't you stay?”

 

“Sorry Jin. I wish we could especially since everything's better between us and all, but Min wanted all of us to go back to our studio since she doesn't want the others slacking off,” Kai explained.

 

I gave them a big hug, as they left. Sadly, the Min wasn't needed anymore since these pros all caught onto the dance pretty quick. All they needed to do now was clean and perfect it.

 

“Jin Ae!” The SHINee's manager called me over, “Could you possibly go into the kitchen, which is down the hallway to your left, to fill this pitcher with ice water for them to drink when they take a break,”

 

“Sure thing,” I grabbed in and easily found my way to the kitchen

 

“So everything going all happy dandy for you?” I turned to see Luna standing at the doorway.

 

“Um, yup, I found the kitchen easily and could easily operate the ice machine. Everything's going great,” I smiled.

 

“That is not what I meant,” She hissed and walked over to me. “Just because Hyun Joong's plan didn't go well earlier and you managed to escape by jumping off a cliff, don't think any of this has ended. You might've been able to convert my friends to your supporters because they're all soft and emotional at the fact that you almost died, but I'll always hate you.” She dumped the ice water on me, “It would've been a whole lot easier if you died from that dive. Then Onew would be all mine and I wouldn't have to go through the struggle with all this planning with Hyun Joong,”
 

“Why are you guys going this far into getting me? What are you planning?” I managed to ask, as I violently shivered from the cold.

 

“You'll see,” She smiled, “You and Hyun Joong will finally get together. Then Onew and I will have our happy ending.” She fiddled with a strand of my wet hair. “See dear plain Cinderella, everything works out. You get your prince and I get mine.”

 

I watched as she strutted away. I abruptly sneezed from the sudden draft I felt.

 

Nobody's POV

 

Luna came in rushing into the dance room, freaking out.

 

“Guys help!” She panicked, “I was walking by when I heard a glass shatter in the kitchen. I think Jin Ae slipped and hit her head as the water poured over her. I found her on the ground so I came to see if you guys could carry her,”

 

Taemin was the first to freak out and sprint to Jin Ae's rescue.

 

“Could you guys keep practicing? We can handle this,” Minho calmly stated to the other girls, who nodded their heads in agreement.

 

Soon after Minho, then Onew, and then the others followed Taemin's lead. They found Jin Ae cuddled in the corner, cold and shivering.

 

Taemin had already wrapped a blanket around her and helped her up. Minho quickly swept Jin Ae up into a princess cradle. She was too cold to complain or fight back. Instead she cuddled closer to his chest to soak up his body warmth. Minho smiled at her small gesture. They all left the building for home.

 

Luna's POV

 

“Yes!” I rejoiced aloud as I watched their van zoom away. You've done well. I could hear his words ringing through me ears already complimenting me.

 

“Luna,” Sulli shyly approached me. “You should stop all of this,” I turned around to see all my friends, scratch that, ex-friends right there.

 

“Why should I?” I crossed my arms, ready to defend myself.

 

“It's becoming your addiction, a drug that is slowly taking over you,” Krystal commented. “It's killing you inside,”

 

“My addiction? Killing me? On the contrary, it's my healthy habit that's making me more alive by the second. What I'm doing might even get me to debut as a solo artist. Then I won't have to deal with backstabbing friends like you guys anymore,” I hissed.

 

“Luna wake up already!” Jessica screamed at her, “Stop being selfish and realize that you're not just hurting Jin Ae, but you're hurting yourself too.”

 

“Also,” Yuri added, “We're good friends. The only reason why we you was because we realized what we were doing was wrong. Luna, you are in the wrong,”

 

“I. Am. Not. In. The. Wrong. I'm saving my career,” I smirked.

 

“What are you talking about?” Krystal yelled in annoyance, “Debuting as a solo artist? We are a group and we're in this together. When did you even decide on the idea of doing it alone?”

 

“I don't need to explain myself to people like you!” I screamed. They flinched at my increase in volume in my voice. I stormed off in anger.

 

They're suppose to be my friends. They're suppose to support me, NOT Jin Ae. The fire within me grew more and more as my friends added more gasoline to it. Jin Ae, I swear to you I will never let you have your happy ending.

 

I smirked, “You better prepare yourself,”

 

Your POV

 

Again, SHINee fell easily into Luna's false trap of sympathetic lies. First off, if I hit my head wouldn't there be at least a bump or blood? Also, does it make any sense that she heard glass shatter and break when there was obviously no broken shards on the floor? Third off, when you see someone lying on the ground wouldn't you help them first then call for help? …. SHINee is way too gullible.

 

“Thanks guys,” I told them as they walked with me to door. Might as well be grateful that they came to help me. Even if they will never believe that their close female friends were psychotic es to me I'm still thankful towards them. I might as well go along with the story Luna made up because there's no use trying to fight with them again.

 

“Anytime,” Taemin happily stated.

 

“Be more careful next time,” Both Onew and Minho said in unison. Strange...

 

We watched as the doors swung wide open to reveal my dad.

 

“Dad!” I happily ran into his arms, “Long time no see,”

 

He embraced me, but something felt off, “Yeah. I've been busy.” He patted my back, “Can I talk to you in my room,”

 

We entered his room, which actually looks like a combination of an office and a study, since he really never stays at the house anyway. He was always working hard with his company. I bet you ten bucks he even has a bed there since he stays there for long hours booking tours, recording sessions, organizing different newly composed songs, etc.

 

“Please sit down,” He motioned me towards the couch. My dad sat across from me in the other couch. “So I wanted to talk to you about something serious,”

 

“Mom's okay right?” I shakily brought up. I don't know what else my dad would talk to me about other than that.

 

“Jin Ae, you don't have a boyfriend do you?” He bluntly stated.

 

Flustered I answered, “W-what kind of question is that?” I cleared my throat, “No I currently do not have a boyfriend, why do you ask?”

 

“Because,” He stared right into my eyes, “I want you to get married. I arranged it for you already,”

 

“WAIT, WHAT?” I stood up, appalled by the idea. “Dad I'm only 16!”

 

“I know, but I promised my long time friend who saved my life a long time ago, that I would have you married to his son. Also, my dear friend owns a popular clothing line. If this marriage ends out well, both our companies with be advertised more often and we can get costumes for our future music videos for free. It is a win win situation,” My dad explained, “Anyway, I'd like you to meet you new husband,”

 

The door opened and in walked a smirking figure.

 

“Say hello to Kim Hyun Joong,” My father happily announced.

 

He sat next to me and whispered in my ear, “Aren't you glad we're together again?”

 


SAY WHAT? Did you see that one coming?

Jin Ae forgave Minah and Kai. Yay that they're all together again!

But being married to Kim Hyun Joong. Now that is a nightmare to Jin Ae.

Please tell me your thoughts/reactions/feelings about this chapter.

Also, sorry this chapter was like majorly long!

COMMENTS ARE MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~