Our Unforgettable Past

Midnight Kiss

“How could you do this to me?” I screamed at my father after the small, quiet chat with Kim Hyun Joong. Once he left, I completely exploded on my father.

 

“Jin Ae, please be understanding with this,” He tried to calm me down.

 

“Understanding?! How can I be understanding when your practically selling me just so you can get free clothes for you idols?”

 

“I'm doing this for the sake of your future to. This boy is a well-behaved lad who has a great amount of money to support a family. Also, he's into music so I thought that you'd like that also,” He tried to persuade me.

 

“Was this the whole reason why you suddenly appeared into my life again?” I questioned, “You grabbed me all the way from L.A just so you could get me married for the sake of your company?”

 

“Jin Ae, it wasn't like that,” He sighed, “At first,”

 

“At first?” I stomped my feet towards the door, “So after a while it finally hit you, 'Oh what perfect timing, let's get this over with now' right?”

 

“Jin Ae,”

 

“Don't talk to me. You're even more of a stranger to me than you were before,” I stormed out of the room. I went into the kitchen grabbed me a tub of ice cream and sat down in front of the TV to watch some Korean Dramas to show me that someone's life is currently worse than mine and I have it lucky.

 

“Well, boys thank you, but I have to leave now,” I heard my father's voice and the footsteps of the boys following after.

 

“Good-bye Mr.Lee. I hope you have a great day,” They all said farewell. Once the doors clicked shut all of them swarmed around me, sitting on the couch watching the drama with me.

 

“So,” Jonghyun broke the awkward silence, “Getting married huh?”

 

“No,” I strongly stated.

 

“But your dad said he had the whole thing arranged and everything,” Onew added.

 

“I don't care. I'm not going to let this happen. I am NOT marrying Kim Hyun Joong,” I stressed.

 

“Not that I really accept the fact that your getting married or anything,” Taemin shyly stated, “But Hyun Joong is a really nice guy,”

 

I snickered, “Maybe the one you guys know, but the real Kim Hyun Joong is conniving, sinister, selfish, and only cares for himself,”

 

“Well Jin Ae,” Minho smirked, “Since you know so well about him, might as well tell us all here and now what happened between the two of you. Specifically and exactly,”

 

I glanced into all of their curious, interested eyes.

 

I sighed in defeat, “Fine. But this might take a while.”

 

The Beginning of Our Story

 

It was a rainy cold night. I was in my rebellious stage at age 14. My mother had been drinking constantly because of stress, crying to me how she wished her manager would let her eat whatever the hell she wanted and about my father who mysteriously disappeared a long time ago. After she fell asleep, I put her to bed and went out on a walk.

 

I was in a such a deep thought that not even the numbing, freezing rain could awaken me from my trance. However, the loud horn of a train did. I turned to my left to see a train station. I was in some woods area, that didn't look family at all. The blaring whistle of the train as it echoed all over gave me surreal feeling.

 

Suddenly, the rain began to pour, like the whole ocean was falling out of the sky. Quickly, I ran for the station. Then I bumped into someone on the porch.

 

“Oh, are you okay?” Before me was a dazzling, concerned boy. He looked older than me by a couple years maybe. He had caught me when I bounced off of his rather toned body. Right now we were so close, I could practically feel the beating of his chest.

 

“I-i'm fine,” I replied, flustered.

 

He let out a melodic chuckled, “You don't need to be shy. I won't hurt you,”

 

“How do I know that you're not a or something,” I bravely muttered. At first he looked at me wide-eyed then broke out in laughter.

 

He wiped away his tear, “That just made my day,” He stuck out his pinky at me, “I promise you I won't do anything to hurt you,”

 

I smiled, nodded my head, and pinky promised.

 

If only at that time I wasn't so naïve. Then I would've known that sometimes there are people who never keep their promises.

 

Couple Months Later

 

“Oppa!” I jumped into his arms and pouted, “School was exhausting today,”

 

“Aigoo~” He pinched my cheeks, “Is my little princess tired?”

 

“Yah~ Just because you're a couple years older doesn't make me that little!” I playfully hit him.

 

He laughed, “Sorry sorry,” He went and bought me some bubble tea and we sat on a random bench in the park. The spring breeze felt relaxing, the scent of blooming flowers filled the air, and the harmonious birds chirped their own melody.

 

“Oppa, how much do you love me?”

 

“From here to another galaxy, princess,” He lightly kissed my cheek, “What about you? How much do you love your oppa,”

 

“Hm, not very much,” I muttered, challenging him with my fake glare. He responded with a tickle attack. I was laughing, until I cried.

 

“How much do you love me?” HJ asked again.

 

“Opppaa~ I'd catch a grenade for you,” I sang to him.

 

“That's more like it,” He stated with a content smile.

 

“Ouch, now my sides ache,” I unhappily pouted.

 

“That's what you get,” He stuck out his tongue playfully.

 

“You're a meanie!” I turned my back on him, “OOOoo! The sunset!” I gawked at it's beauty. HJ turned the same way I did, giving me a back hug, and nuzzling his mouth to the back of my neck.

 

“HJ, I can't concentrate,” I blushed.

 

“Why are you looking at the sunset? You're far more beautiful,” He complimented. With those words tempting me, I turned around, and forcefully kissed him. We closed the distance between us, the warmth lingering between each other.

 

Before we realized it, the sun had already gone down.

 

“Thanks to you, I didn't get to watch the sun completely set,” I huffed as we finally caught our breaths.

 

After One Year of Dating

 

It was a couple of weeks before Christmas and my mom had to leave for a photo-shoot. She would be back the day December 27. She was practically crying that she couldn't stay with me for Christmas. I told her that I'd be fine, since I have HJ. My mother just playfully nudged me and winked at me. Completely blushing, I chased her around the house as she kept teasing me, though she knew I was saving it until marriage.

 

HJ and I were sitting on my couch watching a movie.

 

“Babe,” He snuggled up against me, “Could you make me a sandwich?”
 

“That is the most ist thing you've ever said to me!” I declared.

 

“You mean iest?” He smirked. I just rolled my eyes and shook his head, “Please babe,” He begged.

 

“Fine,” I gave in. He kissed me on the cheek as a sign of gratitude as I got up. When I finished the sandwich, I watched as he happily consumed it. He gave me a double thumbs up. HJ grabbed a tall glass of water and used it to wash down the sandwich. I started drinking some water myself.

 

“Babe,” He did an aegyo, “Could you run to the store and buy me some condoms?” I spat out the water.

 

Practically choking, I managed to cough up, “You do know I'm saving my ity until marriage right?”

 

“Yeah, I know,” He smiled, “But if I save it now until then, it'll be like a romantic momentum of ours.”

 

“That is actually really sick. Slightly romantic? Wait, no just gross,” I decided.

 

“Aw, babe please?”

 

“I am not running down to the store to get condoms!” I blurted.

 

“Then could I borrow the money for it and run down myself?” He looked at me with innocent eyes, “I promise I'll pay you back.”

 

I tossed the money to him, “Okay whatever,”

 

“Yay! I love you,” He kissed me on the side of the cheek and left. “Do you want the flavored ones?” He asked eagerly.

 

I smacked him.

 

“Just kidding, just kidding,” He smirked, “Oh, can I borrow your car?”

 

I looked at him in shock, “You mean my precious baby? What if you crash it?” I .

 

“Aw, now I'm jealous of the car,” He lifted me up and sat me on the counter, “Aren't I your precious baby?”

 

“Of course oppa,” I lightly pecked him on the lips, “You're everything to me,”

 

“Glad to know,” He smiled, pulling me into a deeper kiss. Even though we've been dating for about a year, I haven't even gotten used to the kisses he gives me. Each time would send butterflies to my stomach and send electric shock waves all over my body.

 

He pulled away and whispered in my ear, “I'll be back in a few,”

 


What do you think of Jin Ae's & Kim Hyun Joong's past relationship so far?

Soon the truth will be revealed :)

COMMENTS ARE MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~