A Fiery Fight

Midnight Kiss

After I bickered for hours with Minho, Onew, Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin about how immature they were being about the whole situation, I suddenly heard a knock on the door.

 

I passed Taecyeon, who was still on the couch, somehow sleeping like a rock.

 

“Yes?” I opened the door to reveal Kim Hyun Joong dressed in a suave black suit and tie. I tried to shut the door.

 

“Really Jin Ae? Are we gonna do this again? How come whenever I visit you always slam the door in my face?” Kim Hyun Joong gave me puppy dog eyes.

 

I sighed, “Because I hate seeing you. Is that good enough?”

 

“Aw, not such a nice thing to say to your fiance...” He smirked, rudely letting himself in.

 

“Why are you here?” I interrogated, putting my hands on my hips.

 

“You ask too many questions,” He leaned in towards me, that stretched grin still plastered on his face.

 

“Yah! Kim Hyun Joong-” I began to bicker.

 

He pouted, “Aw what happened to the girl I hung out with at the amusement park. The one who terrifyingly clung onto to me the whole time in the haunted house.”

 

I placed my palm in his face, “Don't you dare bring that up. It was just a moment of weakness.”

 

Kim Hyun Joong shook his head, “What a shame. I was beginning to fall for you again.”

 

I stared at him, trying to search for any sign whether he was being sincere or a douche-bag player again. I saw no signs of faltering. Were his words true?

 

“Jin Ae!” I turned my head to see my dad practically beaming, “It looks like Hyun Joong and you are getting along well.”

 

I raised an eyebrow and turned to him, “As if.”

 

Kim Hyun Joong winked at me; I rolled my eyes in response and turned my attention to my dad.

 

“What is he doing here anyway?” I remarked.

 

“He's staying for dinner.” My dad brightly smiled.

 

“Appa? Wae?!?!” I screamed.

 

“Ahhh~,” Taecyeon sat up yawning, “What's with all the noise?”

 

“TAECYEON?!” My father yelled in astonishment. “It's good to see you boy!” He pulled him into a manly hug, “Where have you been?”

 

“Oh just roaming around Korea,” Taecyeon grinned.

 

“Really? Why didn't you tell me you came here?”

 

Taecyeon shrugged, “Eh. I didn't want to bug you.”

 

“You. Are. Family. You wouldn't be a bother.” My dad smiled happily.

 

Taecyeon finally noticed Kim Hyun Joong and nodded in his direction, “Who's he? A new butler?”

 

I scoffed, holding back my laughter. I could have sworn I saw one of HJ's eyes twitch in rage.

 

“He's Jin Ae's fiance,” My father replied. Taecyeon remained still, silent, with no reaction.

 

Finally he calmly stated, “Fiance huh?”

 

However his bored, uninterested tone irked HJ. I could tell his insides were practically burning with anger as each and every comment Taecyeon made made him even more intensely ticked.

 

My father, oblivious to the building intensity, “I'll be setting up the table and getting dinner ready. I'll call you all in when it's done.”

 

Kim Hyun Joong glared at Taecyeon once dad left, “What are you exactly?”

 

“Don't you mean who?” Taecyeon questioned.

 

“No I mean what.” HJ cockily smirked. “Are you a hobo Jin Ae decided to take in?”

 

Taecyeon seemed unfazed and answered with the biggest puppy eyes, “More like a lost puppy that she saved.” Unexpectedly, he snuggled against me, “Who knows that deep, depressing despair I'd still be in if she didn't show up.”

 

HJ's eyes pierced straight through Taecyeon, “Don't touch her mutt.”

 

Taecyeon pouted, “I don't your new butler Jin. He looks psychotically violent.”

 

“I'm her fiance, hobo!” HJ snapped.

 

Key whispered, “Hobo vs. Butler who do you think will win?”

 

“Ten bucks on the Hobo,” Jonghyun stated.

 

“Nope. I'm sure HJ will win this round,” The maknae gambled. Minho nodded in agreement.

 

“Or better yet, let's hope they both knock each other out.” Onew smirked.

 

Taecyeon whispered, “Jin, that butler seems scary. Wanna marry me instead?” His face hovered inches away from mine, lips practically inches apart.

 

Suddenly, he was pulled away by an annoyed Jonghyun, “I thought we said not to get too comfortable.”

 

Taecyeon frowned, “Aw, come on we're just comfortable.” I watched as Taecyeon's eyes shined with a hint of mischievousness. “Now if we were too comfortable. Let's just say controlling myself wouldn't be easy.”

 

Taemin's manly side came in, annoyed by the comment he walked over to Taecyeon, hands in pockets, and glared daggers at him, “Yah! Do anything erted and I swear you'll be back I in that hospital in no time.”

 

Taecyeon smiled, “Oh that's fine. Then Jin Ae can nurse me back to health.” Suddenly, he pulled me onto his lap.

 

“W-what are you doing?” I said, flustered.

 

“Don't be so embarrassed, Jin. We used to do this all the time as kids. You always sat on my lap, pretending I was Santa so that you could practice saying everything on your Christmas list so that you would have it perfect for the real Santa.” Taecyeon reminisced.

 

“So you were a ert even at that age?” Minho commented.

 

“I was pretty innocent.” Taecyeon confessed. “But this littlet girl,” He patted the top of my head, “Was always eagerly crawling onto my lap.” I blushed.

 

Onew roughly yanked me off of Taecyeon's lap onto his own. I yelped at the impact as my hands landed on his chest. Onew's grin made me what to smack him.

 

“Hm?” His cocky smirk grew larger and larger, “Even at such a young age you were naughty.” I tried to get up, but his hands were firmly on my waist, “Don't worry little girl this Santa is even nice to naughty people. Santa can get you whatever you want, but you've gotta show Santa if you've been naughty or nice.” Those words gave me chills down my spine. He winked, noticing my reaction.

 

BOOOM!

 

I heard the front door burst open as a familiar voice bellowed, “I'm home! I even bought dinner for all of us!” I automatically leaped off of Onew's lap and practically tackled my mom, hugging her. My savior had protected me from the boys. Well, mostly just from Onew's ual harassment and Taecyeon's weird behavior.

 

“Dear, I wasn't gone long.” My mom said between breaths, “Please. Stop. Suffocating. Me.”

 

Suddenly, my mom made eye contact with Kim Hyun Joong. Frowning, she peeled me off of her like a banana peel.

 

She approached him and sighed, “You've gotten handsomer.”

 

HJ politely bowed, “Thank You.”

 

My mom grew more serious, “Despite that I just wanted to let you know that I'm completely against this marriage and I will do whatever it takes to stop it.”

 

HJ smiled at her honesty and truly enjoyed the challenge, “I'll look forward to it. But I'm gonna fight for her.” He glanced over at me. The look in his eyes was sincere, “I messed up my chance once. And now, by some twist in fate I get to re-do everything with this lucky chance. This time there's no room for mistakes.”

 

“HJ,” I whispiered, shocked by his response and sudden maturity as he stared at me with a serious gaze.

 

My mom smiled, “Good luck boy,” She gently placed her hand on his shoulder, but then sniffed around with a frown. “Is something burning?”

 

“FIRE!” I heard my dad scream from the kitchen.

 


Thanks for waiting everyone!

I hope you liked it!

What do you think so far?

COMMENTS ARE MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~