Luna Knows

Midnight Kiss

Hyun Joong's POV

 

I watched as Jin Ae stormed off out onto the balcony. I smirked. She finally cracked, yelling out her true feelings. Now, it's time for this act to end.

 

“Um, what just happened?” A confused Jonghyun finally broke the awkward silence.

 

“I have no idea,” Key replied, completely dumbfounded by Jin Ae's outburst, trying to compile the reason for all this; only to end up with nothing.

 

“Did you know Jin Ae before the party? Why was she yelling at you about the past?” Minho interrogated.

 

“Hm, maybe I did know her from the past,” I slyly responded, “But then again, maybe I didn't,” With that I walked away from the group, grabbing my unpacked luggage and went out the door.

 

I sighed. Looks like the gig is up. Can't stay here any longer without anyone finding out. I kind of wanted this plan to work. I guess we're going to have to go with Plan B. I wanted to avoid it as much as possible, but it seems like there's no choice.

 

I heard footsteps behind me, only to quickly turn around and find Luna staring at me.

 

She had an evil smirk plastered on her face, “So, I told you that we'd work together so that you could have Jin Ae for yourself and I could have Onew. However, it looks like you've been keeping some secrets from me. I'm curious as to the cause of Jin Ae's meltdown,”

 

I laughed, “I'll tell you when it's the right time. However, I wanna know if you're still 100% committed to this plan no matter what,”

 

“Of course,” She confidently smiled.

 

“Then I know a way to speed up the process a bit. Only if you listen to as I say,”

 

Luna nodded.

 

“Good,” I smiled, “Tell them that something came up and that I had to leave and make sure it's convincing. For now, just do what you were doing earlier. Have the guys hate her for hurting you guys. Then I'll text you for further instruction,”

 

Luna smirked, “As long as I can claim Onew as mine, I'll do whatever it takes,”

 

“Excellent,” With that shook hands with her, sealing the deal.

 

After Luna went back into the house I whipped out my cell phone and dialed the number.

 

“She knew,” I stated, “From the beginning, I was surprised she remembered or even recognized me. I thought I could keep playing dumb, but she broke down and told some of the story with SHINee as witnesses. If I stay then they'll be suspicious of me, so I'll be leaving the site,”

 

“I hope you can still carry on with the mission,” The voice answered, displeased.

 

“Don't worry the plan is still a go. I even have a couple of new people to back me up,”

 

“Good. Good.” The voice responded, pleased.

 

“She'll be mine in no time,”

 

Your POV

 

I awoke with a shiver, as I realized I fell into a deep sleep on the balcony. I glanced up at the numerous stars lighting up the mysterious dark night, surrounding the bright luminescent moon.

 

“They're beautiful aren't they,”

 

I snapped my head, following the voice, to reveal a tranquil Minho gazing up longingly at the little lights scattered throughout the sky.

 

“Yeah,” I replied, smiling.

 

He looked over at me. There was a flicker in his glance, as if he was hesitating to ask my something, but he was being quite cautious about it.

 

I sighed, going back to star-watching, “Minho, you can just spit it out. Nothing will hurt me,”

 

Minho hesitated, but obeyed my command, “So, you and Hyun Joong have some history,”

 

I bitterly laughed, “You could say something like that,”

 

Judging from my tone, Minho knew he was stepping into territorial lines, “Care to tell me what happened?”

 

I sighed, “Sorry, Minho, but I really don't have the strength to tell you now. However, I promise to tell you and the rest of SHINee the story one day,”

 

Minho nodded supportive, “Well, just tell me if anything bugs you throughout the trip, okay?”

 

The idea of telling him the story about the five girls came to mind. Then I backed down, realizing that if he didn't listen to me earlier, then why would he listen to me now.

 

“Only the things you want to hear,” I mumbled quietly, closing my eyes.

 

“What?” Minho leaned in closer to me.

 

“Nothing,” I calmly stated, opening my eyes to unveil a too-close-for-comfort Minho. I gazed into his eyes, thinking he was gonna kiss me again.

 

Quietly whispering, the words poured out, “Minho, what do I mean to you?”

 

He hesitated, not moving an inch. “What if I told you I loved you, would you believe me?”

 

I pondered on this thought for a moment, “Possibly. However, it might be hard to believe considering how close you are to Yuri,”

 

He chuckled, “Now that's a complicated story,”

 

“Tell me,” I nervously bit my lip, curious to know the story, “I want to know,”

 

He pinched my cheeks, adoring my cuteness, “When you tell me the story of Hyun Joong, I'll tell you my story with Yuri,”

 

I pouted, “No fair!”

 

Minho chuckled, “All is fair in love and war,”
 

“So would you consider this love or war,” I raised my eyebrow.

 

“Both,” He smiled.

 

“What's that suppose to mean?”

 

“What do you think it's suppose to mean?” He teased.

 

“I hate it when you play games, Minho,” I stuck my tongue out.

 

He gently kissed me on the cheek, “Because you always lose,”

 

With that he got up.

 

“So I'm guessing that means you do like me?” I called out to him.

 

Minho chuckled, “I don't know do I?”

 

I furiously chucked a nearby pillow at him. But Minho, like the beast he was, successfully dodged it with mad skill.

 

“I just want to know what I mean to you,” I quietly muttered to myself, “Because there are other guys that might like me as well. There's also a slight chance I might like them too.”

 

Morning

 

“Jin Ae! Wake up!” The voice called out to me.

 

I just irritatedly moaned, exhausted and tired.

 

“Wake up,” The angelic voice hummed at me.

 

I just ignored it.

 

“YAH! JIN AE! WAKE UP!” I felt the cold icy water splash all over me.

 

“AHH!” I screamed, glaring at Key holding a now empty bucket, “What the hell!?!”

 

“Yah! Jin Ae! It's already 8 and you're still up? Everyone else is dressed and ready, waiting for you so that we can have breakfast and leave to the spa,”

“8? That's way to early! Why can't you guys wake up at noon like normal people! It's suppose to be a vacation, which means relaxation, sleeping in, and being lazy,” I tried to wring out the water from my t-shirt.

 

“Look at you. You even fell asleep on the balcony!” Key scolded.

 

I looked around at my whereabouts. Yup, still on the balcony. Hm, could've sworn I went back inside.... Guess not.

 

I shivered as a cool breeze passed us. “God Key, you could have used a normal way to wake me up. Now I'm cold, soaked, and probably going to catch a cold because of you,”

 

Suddenly, I looked up at a staring Key.

 

“What are you looking at?” I huffed. I followed his eyes. My shirt was white. When white shirts get wet they become transparent. My leopard print bra with pink lace was brightly showing for all to see. “Yah!” I frantically covered myself up, “Don't stare!”

 

“Wae? Are you embarrassed?” Key teased, “I never thought you to be the type of girl to go with wild animal printed patterns. Someone tries to hard to be y,”

 

I waked him with the empty bucket, “Shut up.”

 

“Wear something nice. Don't throw on a random t-shirt and jeans,”

 

“Wae?” I asked, “I'd be comfortable then!”

 

“Aish, look at you. For a California girl you sure don't try hard with fashion,”

 

“I would if there were guys I actually want to impress,” I responded.

 

“Impress me then,” Key snickered. “Because so far all I see is a lazy sloppy girl who has no sense in fashion,” From the tone of his voice I knew it was challenge.

 

“Fine,” I gave up and with that I huffed to the bathroom, to take a quick shower and change into dry clothes.

 

 

After Breakfast

 

“YAY! We get to go to the hot springs!” The five girls chirped and screamed in excitement, practically jumping off the walls. Each of them rushed toward Onew's car.

 

“Why drive? It's a waste of gas. The place is only a five minutes away if you walk,” Minho commented.

 

“YAH! I call a spot in the car!” Key screamed, “I am not walking there in this heat!”

 

“There's not enough seats for everyone!” Onew yelled.

 

“Oppa,” Luna urged, “Why don't we just take a romantic stroll or something? Let Key drive,”

 

Onew glared at the giddy Key and sighed, “Fine. But if I see a single scratch on my precious car, I'll be sure to tear up every single designer clothing you own,”

 

Key gulped, “Deh,” His expression then changed to a smirk as he moved closer to me and whispered, “See this is the girl that I was hoping to see,” He played with the hem of my dress, “Jin Ae. Don't cry okay?”

 

He then disappeared into Onew's car.

 

So Key did all that teasing this morning just to get me into a better mood. For me to dress up like nothing had affected me. To show everyone that I was still the strong American girl that came to Korea. I am still me. Hopefully, Key's attempt to help me keep up the calm facade will continue throughout the day.

 

I just sighed and started walking, hoping that Onew and Luna would keep a far away distance from me.

 

“Jin Ae, wait up!” Taemin and Minho called after me. Both of them on either side of me, casually strolling in silence as we hiked up to the hot springs. Behind us I could hear the giggle of Luna every second. Swooning over everything he said, giggling at his stupidest jokes, and constantly being annoying.

 

“Oppa~” Luna smiled, “Isn't the weather beautiful?”

“Not as beautiful as you,” Onew replied. Gag.

 

“Ahhh~” She playfully slapped him, “You're so embarrassing,”

 

“You're cute when you're like that,” Onew tilted her chin to him.

 

SMACK.

 

I threw a rock directly across his face.

 

“YAH!” He let go of Luna and screamed in my direction, “What was that for?!”

 

I put my hands firmly on my hips, “If you're gonna be like that get a room! I decided to walk because I wanted peace, but know I have you to groping on each other and commenting every second!”

 

“Well you should have just gone in the car then. When we said we wanted a romantic stroll, I didn't picture you in my mind,”

 

“When I decided I wanted to walk, I thought you two would keep a far away distance. But no, I practically hear your conversation like its a megaphone blasting a centimeter away from my ear!”

 

“I'm sorry. Maybe you should quit ease-dropping on the conversation then. Why are you so bitter about it anyway? Jealous?”

 

I stormed up towards him, “Jealous? You tried to go farther with me than you have with her. And I didn't even want it,” With that I angrily speed up, stomping my boots viciously against the dirt path.

 

Taemin and Minho cautiously kept there distance as I exploded with anger.

 

“Who the hell does he think he is?! I mean seriously, if you wanna flirt with girls at least have the dignity to not annoy everyone around you. Stupid Onew. Stupid Player,” Before I even realized it, I ran into a tree, tumbling backwards in pain.

 

Minho and Taemin caught me in their arms.

 

“Ow,” I gently rubbed my forehead and mumbled, “Stupid Tree,”
 

“Okay, Jin Ae,” Minho commented, “We really need to get you to the hot springs so you can at least relax,”

 

“Jin Ae, are you okay?” A worried Taemin pouted.

 

“Yeah, I'm fine.” I slowly got up, “Thanks for worrying you two,”

 

“Any time,” Both of them flashed me a smile.

 

The Hot Springs

 

Ah~ I sat in the lovely hot spring, soaking up the sun and enjoying the relaxation.

 

Suddenly, someone splashed the boiling water in my face.

 

“What the hell?!” I screamed, not really caring who heard.

 

“ You tried to go farther with me than you have with her. And I didn't even want it,” I heard Luna's harsh voice mock my own words, “Like Onew would do anything with you,”
 

When I finally could see properly, I looked at the five girls in towels glaring at me.

 

I just laughed, “And you would know this how? I'm the one who lives with him right now,”

 

Her face became flushed with anger, “Onew loves me! Not you! He would never go for trash like you!”

 

I gave her a dirty look, “Well obviously he attempted things on trash like me, but then does nothing of the sorts to you. So, what does that make you?”

 

To my surprise she didn't seem fazed, instead she smirked, “Hyun Joong was right. You have changed,”

 

At the sound of his name I quickly stood up, “What did he tell you?”

 

“Hm, nothing really,” She casual paced in the water, “Just more about what you used to be like. Submissive. Head-over-heels in love. Ditzy. Extremely obedient. But then somehow Hyun Joong did something that completely changed your life,” The memory started to flashback in my head. The party. That night. Everything that worked it's way to that horrible event.

 

“But he gave me little detail about that. However, it makes me curious.” Luna moved towards me and played with my damp hair, “I wonder what he did to make you so different, to make you so vulnerable looking right now,” She smirked. “But I'm sure I'll find out sooner or later.”

 

With that Luna snapped her fingers and her posse followed her out of the water. I collapsed to my knees as each memory with him became vivid and real. I covered my face, wishing that I could completely erase the memory. And now, to make it all worse. My biggest enemy, Luna, knows more about my past than I wanted anyone to ever know.