Kai

Midnight Kiss

Slowly, I managed to open my eyes. Everything was a blur, but I heard talking and the sound of feet shuffling towards me.

 

“Jin Ae, are you awake?” A voice beckoned to me.

 

“Where am I?” I wearily asked.

 

With each passing second everything became clear around me. SHINee was surrounding me with worried faces.

 

“We're home,” Taemin gently touched my hand. I glanced around and he was right. We were back home in the house that my father had bought me for my arrival here in Korea.

 

“What happened?” I asked, rubbing my temples to calm my throbbing headache.

 

“You slipped off the cliff,” Minho replied. “We all watched in terror as you fell from it. It seemed like everything was in slow motion. The screams of the girls, all of us rushing to get to you, everything was a total adrenaline rush. Since we were quite a distance away from you, all of us ran as if our life depended on it. However, Onew was near the woods and the cliff because he had gone off looking for Luna.”

 

Key continued, “Onew automatically dove in after you. Heroically swimming towards you Onew carried you on his back and yanked you onto the shore. He laid you on your back and next thing you know he was mouth to mouth with you performing CPR.”

 

At that comment I started gagging.

 

“IMAGINE HOW I FEEL! I HAD TO KISS YOU.”

 

“CPR? Onew? WHY?!?!” I started desperately wailing.

 

The world hates me right? First I see Hyun Joong again. Then he COMES BACK after leaving, threatening to take me back. Now, I had mouth to mouth with Onew and probably owe him big time for saving my life!

 

“YAH! YOU OWE ME! BIG TIME! If it wasn't for me you'd be dead,” Onew threatened, but then he lowered his voice and stated, “Just be glad you're not dead,”

 

Everything in the room became silent. Everyone had a gloomy look on their face.

 

“Don't give me those looks,” I pouted, “I'm alive and that's all that matters,” I turned to Onew and gave him a quick awkward hug, “Thank you, for saving me.”

 

He hugged me back, “No problem,”

 

Minho cleared his throat.

 

I pulled away from Onew.

 

“Please be safe from now on,” Minho kissed my forehead, “And get some rest,”

 

I obediently nodded my head and went under the covers as SHINee tucked me in. All of them silently left the room, leaving me there with me and my thoughts.

 

HJ, what are you thinking?

Why do you want me back?

Why now?

There's no way you actually have feelings for me now?

Also, why did you pretend to not know who I was when I met you at the party?

What do you really want from me?

Why do you need to go so far as to use sketchy back-up to get me?

What are you planning?

 

~

 

The next morning SHINee forced me to go with them to SM Entertainment and show the girls that I'm okay. However, they had me go in alone since they needed to talk to their manager first.

 

“JIN AE!” Jessica, Krystal, Yuri, and Sulli came over to me, sincerely relieved, “We're so glad you're alive. We're sorry for everything we've done to you. We're so sorry!” They were practically in tears.

 

“Um, thanks,” I smiled, “I'm glad I'm alive too. Also, don't worry you're forgiven.” They all came in and gave me a big hug. I eyed Luna who was pretending not to notice the scene while stretching. Honestly, these four girls probably had nothing to with hating on me. How much do you wanna bet that Luna made their jealous fuel them to hate me?

 

Hyoyeon walked towards me, “Hey, Jin Ae.” She gave me a comforting hug, “Are you feeling better?”

 

I nodded.

 

Suddenly the doors opened and in walked SHINee so casually. The five girls swarmed over to them with their usual adoration. At least I knew four of them weren't out to kill me. Well at least for now. Hopefully, their jealous or boy obsessions won't possess them again and change their mind about being sorry and everything.

 

As soon as SHINee walked in, like the protective mother she is, Hyoyeon pointed her finger at SHINee, “YAH! You guys need to keep a better eye on her. If I get another emergency call from someone saying that Jin Ae almost died,” She looked over at specifically Onew, “You guys will be in BIG trouble.”

 

I watched Onew gulp.

 

“Hey kids!” The manager came in, “We'll be having a special guest come all the way from California to teach you guys the partner dance you will be dancing for a special stage. Please welcome, Min and her students,”

 

I watched as in walked in my mentor from California. Min. However, she wasn't alone. Following after her was one of her best students : Kai.

 

And he was hand in hand with Minah.

 

You glanced at the pair, who both stared at you shocked.

 

“Jin Ae?” Both of them said in unison. Suddenly, all eyes were on you.

 

“Kai, Minah. Why are you-”

 

Oblivious to the situation my mentor, Min, ran over to me in happiness, “Jin Ae! How are you? We miss you over in LA. Dance classes aren't the same without you.” She gave me a big hug,

 

“I miss you guys too,” I hugged her back.

 

Min pulled away from me and gathered SHINee and the other girls aside to practice a bit with them, showing them the whole dance first.

 

 

(Skip to 0:35 and pretend there are more people in it. LOL.)

 

Minah and Kai had awkwardly shuffled to the opposite side of the room, trying to avoid eye contact with me. Also, did I forget to mention they were still holding hands?

 

“Sorry I'm late,” I looked over at the door to see Hyun Joon apologetically bowing to everyone.

 

“Glad you could make it, dude,” Jonghyun signaled him to head towards them and start learning the dance.

 

Suddenly, he made eye contact with Minah.

 

“Kim Hyun Joong,” Those words numbly fell out of as she stiffened.

 

“Minah?” His surprised expression was soon replaced with a cocky smirk, “So you and Jin Ae still talk?”

 

“Yes, we still talk,” Minah hissed.

 

Hyun Joong eyed Minah holding hands with guy and glanced over at me, “I'm guessing Minah did it again Jin Ae?” He began walking towards me, menacingly.

 

He leaned against the wall and whispered in my ear, “From the looks of it, I'm guessing Minah stole that guy away from you too. Wouldn't be the first time it happened though,”

 

I clenched my fists.

 

“But now that you don't have him to think about, you can be 100% mine.”

 

I glared at him, “I'll never be yours,”

 

“Kim Hyun Joong!” Min's voice boomed from across the room, “Care to explain why you are late?” With that said he moved away from me and started spitting out excuses at Min.

 

I left the room. This was way too much for me to handle.

 

“Jin Ae,” Minah followed me and desperately pulled at my wrist.

 

I whipped around to face her, “What?!” I hissed.

 

“I'm sorry,” She was on the verge of tears.

 

“Sorry for what? Going behind my back when I was miles away to steal the guy I liked?” That came out more bitter than I had planned it to be.

 

“I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry,” She was shaking, “It just happened though. I didn't mean for it to happen. I didn't like him at all when you did. However, the New Years Party changed everything between Kai and me.”

 

“But you called me after New Years, having me talk to Kai like you wanted to hook us up.”

 

“I know, I know,” She was crying now, “Kai and I have been together now and I just didn't want you to get suspicious, so I had him call a couple times to make sure everything seemed normal. I just didn't want to break your heart again.”

 

It was like that night. Just bringing it up sparked a flame inside of me.

 

“You did it because you didn't want to break my heart again? Why, because you're the one who always gets the guy and I'm the sorry pathetic girl who stands in the background? Because you're the one who doesn't have to deal the drama of everyone around you asking you 'why do you still hang out with her?' or 'I mean she stole the guy you like and all'.”

 

“Jin Ae-”

 

“I never listened to the people who said that. They always were telling me that you couldn't be trusted. I always told them that you were always loyal to me, that that incident was just a slip up. The incident was just a cruel twist in fate. Now that I think about it though, maybe they weren't wrong,”

 

She snapped, “Jin Ae! I didn't mean for any of this to happen! You think I try to steal all the guys you ever almost had?! Maybe they did just like me more? Did you ever think that? Did you ever think for a split second that maybe I make those guys happier than you ever did? Since you're just so protective of yourself you never open up to people anymore. Do you think Kai would really want someone as insecure as you?!”

 

As her words started sinking, I tried not to show the pain that it caused me. What if she was right?

 

I sighed, “I guess not,”

 

I turned and walked away. The major headache I was having earlier just came back.

 

Nobody's POV

 

When those inside the dance studio just finished their first practice of the dance, Min turned off the music to have a quick break.

 

Once the music was off, they all heard it.

 

“Jin Ae! I didn't mean for any of this to happen! You think I try to steal all the guys you ever almost had?! Maybe they did just like me more? Did you ever think that? Did you ever think for a split second that maybe I make those guys happier than you ever did? Since you're just so protective of yourself you never open up to people anymore. Do you think Kai would really want someone as insecure as you?!”

 

Everyone froze and slowly turned towards Kai, who at the moment wished he could just hide in a corner or something.

 

“Way to go bro,” Kim Hyun Joong patted him on the back, “You got girls fighting over you,”

 

“I never wanted this to happen,” Kai fell into a slump and crouched down on the ground. He didn't want to hurt either of them. Both of them were so special to him. He had been in love with Jin Ae, but once he heard that she left for Korea and wouldn't be coming back anytime soon his heart had broken. He worried that she would find someone else. He worried that he would never have the guts to confess to her.

 

That night at the party. He was lonely, tired, and exhausted from his internal conflict. Minah showed up and made everything better.

 

Suddenly, everything was quiet. The boys leaned against the wall to listen in on the cat fight. Kai was gloomily depressed in the corner. Luna rolled her eyes at the whole situation. Hyoyeon sat there with a very worried expression on her face.

 

When Minah burst through the door, the boys casually moved away from the wall, pretending to stretch.

 

Minah ran towards Kai in tears. He just held her and comforted her.

 


Sad heartbreaking chapter.. I know.. LOL.

Soo what did you think about Kai and Minah coming back?

What would you do if this happened to you?

COMMENTS ARE VERY MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~