Midnight Kiss

Midnight Kiss

Ch 13- midnight kiss

 

His lips were soft. He gently pressed his lips against mine. It was sweet and simple.

 

Suddenly, his arms locked tighter around my waist, pushing me up against him. At this moment, I was kissing him back. I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck, supporting myself as the kiss become deeper and more passionate. Our lips moving in sync with one another. It was one of those romantic kisses you see in the movies. I could practically feel the fireworks setting off behind us as a background.

 

I pulled away, looking down, praying that he wouldn't see me blushing like crazy.

 

Minho just laughed and lifted me chin, “Now that wasn't so bad was it?”

 

The rest of SHINee had mixed emotions about what just happened; shock, confusion, and jealousy?

 

“Why is Minho the only one who gets to kiss her?” Jonghyun protested. He made his way over to me.

 

I just shoved my palm into his face, “Nu-uh. Midnight was the time limit for this slave,”

 

“Tsk,” Jonghyun frowned, “Minho really timed it right,”

 

“Happy New Years!” I heard the front door burst open as a loud voice boomed.

 

All six of us ran to find my dad there with open arms.

 

“Dad!” I ran into his arms, embracing him, “Welcome home,” I kissed his cheek, “And Happy New Years,”

 

“You too, deary,” He hugged me tighter.

 

The rest of the time consisted of laughter and joy as SHINee, my dad, and I drank up the rest of the sparking apple cider, had a small talent show, and played 'Just Dance 3' on the Kinnect. The atmosphere was light and loving, warm and comforting. Unlike earlier in the day, I felt at home.

 

3:00 A.M.

 

It was just Taemin and I cleaning up the mess in the kitchen. Everyone else went to their rooms to drift off into sleep. We were washing the dishes from our late dinner and midnight snacking.

 

“Phew,” I wiped any water that had splattered onto my forehead, “Finally we're done,”

 

Taemin chuckled, “We only had to wash six dishes,”

 

“Still,” I rubbed the back of my neck, “It was a LOT of work,”

 

I dried my hands and hung the towel back where it belonged.

 

“Are you coming TaeTae?” I looked back at him before I exited the kitchen.

 

Taemin snapped out of his daze and quickly ran towards me, “Yes,”

 

We walked up the marble steps, quietly so that we wouldn't wake the others. I glanced down at the area where the Dj and dancing crowd was located. The handsome figure who offered to take me to his house flashed through my head. Weird. Usually guys like that don't stick with me that much.

 

Finally I reached the door to my room. I looked over at Taemin who was holding his doorknob and glancing over at me.

 

“Well, TaeTae goodnight,” I turned the doorknob when suddenly I felt a gentle touch wrap around my wrist. I looked to find Taemin right next to me.

 

“What's wrong, TaeTae?” I faced him, worried.

 

“Did Minho force that kiss on you?” He asked me with serious eyes.

 

I flinched, “Well, not completely. He gave me a chance to back down,”

 

“So then you let him?” His voice was still calm and serious.

 

“Kinda?” I replied hesitantly.

 

“Then answer this one question,”

 

I nodded.

 

“Do you like Minho?”

 

I paused for moment... Was the reason I let him kiss me was because I liked him? Or was it because of my pride? If I didn't like him then why didn't I pull away from his kiss? Why I kiss back? If I hated what he was doing to me, why didn't I slap him afterwards? Did I actually enjoy the kiss? Did I like Minho?

 

“I-”

 

Suddenly Taemin crashed his lips against mine. Actually he really didn't crash his lips against mine, rather it was just quick and unexpected. He pulled me into a warm embrace as one hand supported my lower back and the other cupping my face. His warm, delicate, smooth lips glided over mine. I kissed him back, placing my hands on his rather firm chest. I smiled in the kiss. To think the cute maknae actually works out.

 

After a minute or so, he pulled away and we were both gasping for breath.

 

He lightly kissed the side of my neck, worked his way up to kiss my jawline, and then whispered in my ear, “Good Night. I'll see you in your dreams,” And with that he pulled away from me and went into his room. Leaving me there, shocked, and regrettably yearning for his warm touch again.

 

I plopped onto my bed, lying there pathetically without moving. I lightly touched my lips.

 

Onew, Minho, and Taemin. All three of them managed to steal a kiss from me. Well, I guess not all of them were considered 'stolen' because with Minho and Taemin I could've just pulled away in disgust. But that's the thing.... I didn't.

 

Did I regret kissing them? Not really... Did that mean I liked them? I DON'T KNOW. I mean, I kissed back so it can't mean I absolutely abhorred the complete process of it happening...

 

Each of their faces flashed through my mind.

 

“Ugh,” I groaned and buried my face in my pillow.

 

I lied there in my bed, trying to arrange my feelings and thoughts until slowly, but surely I fell into a deep sleep.