Chapter 9

The Little Things [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[Sooyoung’s POV]

It was a bright Saturday morning. With my eyes still shut I began to smile like an idiot. I was sure that my actions last night would have earned me a good punch, but surprisingly, she gave in. That was probably the best sleep I’ve ever had in my life. Still caught up in the previous night’s events I could feel small breaths against my face. I groggily open my eyes, to have them shoot wide open when I notice an angelic face just 2 inches away from mine. My senses suddenly became alert about the situation. Our legs intertwined with one another, my hands still wrapped around her waist, however this time she was facing me. My heart felt like it was going to fly out of my chest any second now as I stared at her flawless skin. I’ve never observed her this closely before… she’s really… beautiful. Her eyes remained undisturbed and peaceful, while a hair strand fell down across her face. Gently I move the hair out of the way and scan down her face stopping at her soft, pink lips. Unconsciously, my face began to near hers reducing the gap to an inch. I still stared at her lips, reducing the gap to only a good centimeter. My breathing became heavy.

 

I was about to advance further when the door abruptly opened causing me to roll over off the bed. “SICA-BABY, SOOYOUNG-AH! TIME TO WAKE UP!” Yuri screamed into the room with a mini megaphone. Where the heck did she get that? She looks down at me.

 

“Oh, good-morning Sooyoung. Did I startle you?” she giggled. I glanced over at Jessica who seemed unshaken. “Aish, this girl…” Yuri walks up to her.

 

“WAKE UP SICA! C’mon, I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!” Yuri screamed again into her megaphone. After a few moments, she put down the megaphone and began to do something out of nowhere. “C’mon Get up!” Yuri then began to do a kkap dance while singing “Get up” from that old commercial.

 

I could hear a loud snort come from the once peacefully sleeping girl. A smile spread across her face while she opened her eyes. “Yuri-ah, what are you doing so early in the morning huh?” she tried to sound annoyed but she couldn’t help chuckling at Yuri’s antics.

 

I was shocked on how easily Yuri could awaken the girl. She seemed to notice my awed face and leans down to my ear. “She wakes up rather easy if you can make her laugh.” She winked at me. “I made you guys breakfast, you better hurry before Yoona shikshin eats it all, and the rest of the girls already left.”

 

My mouth begins to water at the sound of ‘food’. Then something hit me. “Where did they go?”

 

“Well… Sunny went to visit Tae, Seohyun went to practice piano and Hyo went to dance practice. So it’s just Yoona and us today. Speaking of which, I think she’s almost done her second helping…” Yuri barely had time to finish as I dashed out the door towards the kitchen. “IM YOONA PUT DOWN THE PLATE!!!” I yelled nearly tackling her down.

 

“YAH! Sooyoung! I haven’t even had any yet!” She responded attempting to pull me off of her.

 

“Lies!” I examined her shirt. “The fresh stain on your shirt says otherwise…” I point at the spot on her shirt.

 

“Alright, Alright you got me, happy?” Yoona replied, raising her hands in surrender, then throws me a cheeky grin. “…but that won’t stop me from having more!”

 

She swiftly tries to scoop seconds, possibly thirds but I catch her wrapping my arms around her thin body, restraining her movement. “Gotcha!” I state triumphantly.

 

I hadn’t noticed Yuri enter the room with Sica. The two watched us as we had our usual war over the food. “Yah shikshins, relax, there is plenty enough to go around!” Yuri laughed and soon everyone began to laugh… everyone except Sica, who did not seem very amused. She stared at me then looked away. I realized my arms still wrapped around Yoona and I quickly let go.

 

“Okay, let’s eat!” Yuri exclaimed dragging Jessica behind her. “Except Yoona, because she already ate.” She teased causing Yoona to show her pouty face. Yuri laughed and pinched her cheek. “I’m kidding Yoon, you are just too cute.” Yuri swooned.

 

“Thanks Unnie.” Yoona replied with her ‘aegyo’. The two giggled at each other. It was amazing how alike they looked… they were seriously like twins.

 

“Your lovey doveyness is giving me a headache.” Jessica bluntly stated watching them.

 

“You’re one to talk Sica…” Yuri retorted.

 

“What are you talking about?” Jessica frowned.

 

Yuri smiled deviously. ”Oh, I saw you and Sooyoung this morning… you two were quite cute actually.”

 

“Cuter than me?” Yoona whined.

 

“Of course not Yoonie.” Yuri patted her head. Yoona smiled.

 

“W…what d..do you mean?” Jessica sputtered out.

 

“Oh, you don’t remember?” Yuri then grabbed something in her pocket. “This.” She showed us the picture of Sica and I sleeping together, causing both of us to turn bright red.

 

“YaH! W..when did y..you take t...that?!” Jessica stuttered attempting to grab the picture, but Yuri easily held it up out of her reach.

 

“OMO! I thought you were close, but not THAT close.” Yoona giggled while observing the photograph.

 

I stood there frozen suddenly remembering what happened. I mentally slapped myself for nearly letting my selfish desires get the best of me. Aigoo… I feel like such a ert.

 

Jessica’s face still beamed red with embarrassment. “It’s not like I wanted to! Sooyoung wouldn’t get off my bed and…” Jessica stopped.

 

“…and?” Yuri urged her to continue.

 

Jessica violently shook her head. “Ugh… forget it. Show anyone else that picture and you’re dead!” she threatened.

 

Yuri began to pout. “Awh, I was planning to put this in the year-book…”

 

“Don’t. You. Dare.” Jessica gave her a death-threatening glare. Though it was directed at Yuri, it shot through all of us.

 

Yuri gulped. “Heh… I was just kidding Sica-baby…” Jessica continued to glare. “I mean… Sica.”

 

“Hmph.” Jessica sat at the table quietly eating her food.

 

We all sighed in relief as her chilling aura began to dissipate.  “Okay, don’t tick Sica off…” Yoona rubbed the goosebumps on her arms.

 

We all ate in silence. Deciding to break the silence.

 

 “Oh I know! Let’s all go out together! You know… like a double date.” Yoona smiled at her own idea.

 

“That’s a great idea!” Yuri high-fived her.

 

“What do you mean ‘double date’?” I questioned slightly confused.

 

Yoona and Yuri giggled. “Yuri and me, you and Jessica!” Yoona explained.

 

My eyes widen as I glance over at Jessica who choked on her drink. “YAH! Stop bringing up ridiculous things!” Jessica exclaimed.

 

“Okay, Okay… just to ‘hang out’ then. How about it?” Yuri offered.

 

I smile at Sica. “Why not Sica, sounds like fun, neh?” I try to persuade her.

 

She sighed in defeat. “Fine… I guess there isn’t much else to do…”

 

“YaY!” We all cheered and finished our breakfast.

 

----Later at the mall---

 

“So what do you guys want to do?” Yuri asked the group.

 

“Unnie! Let’s go in there!” Yoona pointed towards a souvenir/trinket store.

 

“We aren’t tourists Yoona.” Jessica teased but Yoona just ignored her.

 

“Doesn’t this look cute Unnie?” the girl asked Yuri as she placed ‘cat ears’ on her head.

 

“Kyaa!! So cute! Let me take a picture!” Yuri quickly grabbed out her phone to take a photo.

 

I laughed and Jessica just looked at them in disgust. I began to imagine Sica in cat-ears. I started to drool but quickly shook the image from my head. Aish, what's wrong with me today? 

 

Yoona and Yuri were still busy looking at the store and I noticed Jessica was getting bored. “Hey, want to go to the music store?” I pointed towards it.

 

She nodded and we entered the store. “What kind of music do you like Sica?” I asked attempting to start conversation.

 

“Hmm… anything really…” she replied. I nodded and we continued to browse. She puts on headphones at a sample station. She began flipping through the songs, stopping at a particular track. “This song is my favorite.” She said listening intently.

 

I pick up the other set of headphones and my eyes widen in surprise at the music filled my ears. “Wow! This is my favorite too!”

 

She smiled. “Complete by SNSD?” She questioned in surprise as well.

 

I nodded and as we listened we began to sing along.

Manneun shigan sogeh byulhagetjiman doo sohn noji angireul

 Just For love yuhngwontorok majimagil sarang

 Geudaegil baraeyo

 

 To make my life complete…

 You make my life complete.

 

Jessica blushed at me as I sang the last line. “Have you ever thought about being a singer?” she asked me. She seemed in a much brighter mood than earlier.

 

I chuckled. “Not really, how about you?” I ask.

 

She looks up in wonder then shakes her head. “Nah.” We both begin to laugh.  She’s even more gorgeous when she smiles.

 

“Yuri and Yoona are probably wondering where we went.” I realize and Sica agrees. We return to the store where we found them, but they weren’t there. “Where did they go?”

 

Jessica shrugged her shoulders while looking around. “They probably didn’t even notice we left… I’ll have to get them for ditching us later…” Jessica plotted while puffing out her cheeks.

 

I chuckled at her. “You are just too cute Sica…” I say under my breath.

 

She looked at me. “Sorry, what did you say?”

 

I suddenly became flustered. “Oh I said…” I looked over at the photo booth not far from us. “…we should go take pictures!” Before she could object, I grab her hand and drag her towards the booth. I place money into the machine and gently shove Jessica in. “This is a cute background!” I pick the one with flowers bordering it.

 

The first pose was normal with just us smiling. I lean my head closer to hers and do a V, and she does the same. The third photo we did a silly face. Becoming more comfortable on the forth, we did a ‘cute’ pose. I was stuck on what to do for the last photo when suddenly Sica kisses my cheek. I stood there shocked from the sudden contact. Jessica noticed and gave me a teasing smile.

 

“Did you want more?” She whispered seductively into my ear. I shivered and my ears began to turn red. She laughed maniacally. “Just kidding.” She teased stepping out of the booth.

 

“Omo, they turned out well!” She handed the photos to me. I look at them and stare at the last one remembering those soft lips on my cheek.

 

While Jessica playfully smiled at me, I decided to play it cool. “So, what do you want to do now?”

 

“How about we just walk around?” she suggested. I agreed and we spent our time walking aimlessly around the mall stopping at a store here and there. For our last stop we walked by a jewelry store. Jessica seemed captivated by something.

 

“What is it?” I question her and notice her looking at a silver & gold bracelet with diamond studs around it.

 

She sighed. “Ah, nothing… let’s go home now… I’m kinda tired.” She yawned.

 

“Okay. Start heading out, I just need to use the washroom.” I lie and she just nods heading towards the exit. Just as she was out of sight, I ask the elderly lady how much the bracelet was.

 

“$500.00” She informed me my jaw dropped.

 

“Ah, thank-you.” I bowed.

 

I exit the store and sigh with disappointment. Aigoo… I really wanted to get her that bracelet…

 

I pass by the store where we last met Yuri. “hmm…” I think to myself entering the store.

 

[Jessica’s POV]

 

Ugh… what is taking her so long? It’s cold out here. I think to myself waiting for her. I look at my watch. I look up at the dark sky. We sure have been here a long time… Darn Yuri and Yoona for ditching us here!

 

“Sorry for taking so long!” Sooyoung apologizes rushing towards me.

 

I give her my annoyed face. “Geez, eat something you shouldn’t have?” I tease.

 

She decides to change topics. “So… how do you suppose we should get home?”

 

“We could call a taxi… Do you have money?  I forgot my wallet.” I ask her.

 

“Uh…” she feels inside her pocket. “Sorry… I don’t… hehe.”

 

“Do you have a phone? I’ll call Yuri to get us. She owes us for ditching out.”

 

She reaches into her pocket and frowns. “It’s dead.”

 

I sigh. “I guess we’ll have to walk.” I suggest and she nods.

 

After awhile we begin to push away from civilization into quiet streets. My heart begins to race. All you could hear was barking dogs and the street was dark as the streetlights flickered. We could hear loud music and cheering coming from a nearby bar. Some men were sitting on their motorbikes chugging down bottles of beer. I hid my face under my scarf, instantly regretting wearing short shorts. I could hear their voices becoming louder as they became more intoxicated. Sooyoung could sense my fear and securely wrapped her arm around me. Somehow she made me feel safe.

 

One of the men whistled at us. “Whew… Look at those legs! Cm’ere and I’ll show you girls a good time.” He laughed at his buddies.

 

We tried to ignore them and kept walking.

 

“HEY! I’m talking to you!” His voice became angry. Bipolar much. He began to walk towards us. Before we could make a run for it. He blocks our path and his buddies follow.

 

“You shouldn’t ignore someone when they are talking to you!” He advanced closer. “Looks like we’re gonna have to teach ya a lesson huh?” He reached for me and Sooyoung swatted his hand away.

 

“Don’t you dare lay your dirty hands on her.” She threatened in an angry tone. This side of Sooyoung I’ve never seen before.

 

“Eh? What you gonna do bout’ it girly?” He laughed along with his friends. One of his friends grabbed me and I let out a scream.

 

Sooyoung roughly pulled me from his grasp, and then kicked him in the abdomen causing him to fall backwards.

 

“Why you little b****!” The guy she kicked got up and charged at Sooyoung hitting her against the brick wall.

 

“Sooyoung!” I screamed trying to go towards her but two arms grab me from behind and I scream again. He blocks my mouth. “Don’t worry, you’ll get your fun after.” He whispered in my ear.

 

I look helplessly at Sooyoung who is being pinned against the wall. The guy throws a punch in her face causing blood to ooze from her lip. Just as he is about to throw another punch, the sound of police sirens could be heard in the distance.

 

“Damn! Let’s get out of here!” The guy holding me quickly released me and ran towards his motorbike followed by his other friend.

 

“You cowards!” The ‘leader’ holding Sooyoung yelled at his fleeing friends. “Pfft... I don’t need them anyway. I’m not done with you yet…” He looks at Sooyoung. This guy wasn’t drunk, he was psychotic!

 

“No!” I scream pulling on his arm holding the beaten girl as hard as I could.

 

“Ergh, get off me!” He pushes me down roughly.

 

“Didn’t I just say not to lay your dirty hand on her?” Sooyoung growls at him.

 

He laughs maniacally. “Sorry, I musta not heard ya chicky.”  Sooyoung smirks at him.

 

“Well let me tell you again so this time you can hear.” She twists his arm causing him to wince in pain and kicks his stomach, causing him to falter, bending down grabbing his stomach. Without giving him a chance to recover, she knees him in the face. He falls down covering his face.

 

Flashing lights and sirens near. Sooyoung falls to one knee and I quickly run to her side and support her. “How could such a beautiful morning turn into such an ugly night?” She asked jokingly.

 

I look at the guy still holding his face in agony on the ground. “Where the heck did you learn that?” I asked her.

 

She scratched her head. “I’m a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.” She concluded.

 

I gently punched her arm. “Yah! Even so, don’t be so reckless!” I sigh. “…But I’m glad you’re all right.” I say under my breath.

 

“Are you girls okay?” A police officer arrived running towards us.

 

“Yeah, we’re fine… but he’s not.” Sooyoung pointed at the man cowering.

 

He looked surprised at the man. “Have you thought of joining the police force?” He laughed and Sooyoung laughed along with him.

 

----At the dorm----

 

The officer waved us off and we entered the dorm. We were met with a mass of hugs and worried faces.

 

“Where were you guys? We were seriously worried!” Yuri rushed over with Yoona.

 

“Yah!” I pounced on her. “How could you guys ditch us like that?” I interrogate the girl.

 

“Uhm, excuse me but you were the one’s that left us, when we were done in the store, you guys were gone! We went and looked for you, but we couldn’t find you… we even tried calling you and Sooyoung’s phones many times! So we assumed you came home, but no one was here!” We were about to report to the police!” Yuri defended herself.

 

She unfortunately had a point, so I dropped the subject. “Well whatever… I’m tired… too much activity for me today.”

 

“Hey Sooyoung what happened to your lip? Why is your jacket all dirty?” Yoona questioned observing the girl.

 

Sooyoung smiled. “Ah… just me being a klutz.” She winked at me.

 

“Ah… well… as long as your back safely.” Yuri smiled at them.

 

“We should go to sleep now… Cm’on Sooyoung-ah.” I grabbed her hand and dragged her along behind me. I could hear squealing as I closed our door but chose to ignore it.

 

I led the tired girl to her bed. “Wait here.” I ordered, and she obediently listened.

 

I grabbed a first aid hit and a cloth wiping off the dried blood on her lip. She winced a little as I dabbed her cut. I just realized that there was a small bruise starting to form on the lower part of cheek.

 

“Does it hurt?” I ask worriedly running my hand over it.

 

She flinched a little, but then smiled. “…It wouldn’t if you kissed it.”

 

My face began to turn red. “Aish, you are so childish!” She began to show me ‘puppy dog’ eyes and I rolled my eyes, quickly pecking her on the cheek. “Happy?”

 

She nods vigorously. “Yep!” I feel the urge to smile when she does. However, I hide it.

 

“Ok, well goodnight then Sooyoung. Rest well.” I go to the bathroom and change into pajamas. When I return I notice Sooyoung lying in my bed…yet again.

 

“No! No! No! Out!” I shout at her. She frowns at me.

 

“But Sica~ my body hurts.”

 

“What kind of excuse is that? Go sleep then… in your OWN BED!” I stress the last two words.

 

“Okay, fine…” she reluctantly sleeps in her own bed. “Goodnight Sica.”

 

“Mhm.” I respond turning off the lights then closing my eyes.

 

I should be glad to have my bed back…

 

But why do I feel like something is missing…

-------------------------

<(^_^)>