Chapter 1

The Little Things [Discontinued Indefinitely]

====CHAPTER 1====

Hello, my name is Jessica Jung. I was forced to attend an all-girls private school ever since my dad got promoted in his job. At first, it didn’t seem all that bad; I’ve met new friends, got to see beautiful scenery, try new food, even got a little better at cooking. Things were going great… until I heard that my best friend/roommate was moving away…

 

“Do you really have to leave? It’s so sudden…” I glumly asked as I sat on the bed next to hers.

 

“Yeah, I don’t have a choice… my dad got a job back in America, and it’s not like I’ll be gone for good, we can still stay in touch over the phone, and the computer.” The girl smiled at me, as she continued packing her suitcase.

 

“But Tiffany… It’s not the same as in person, and … I’ll be lonely.” I quietly responded looking down. All of a sudden I feel two arms embrace me and I hug her back. We stayed in that position for a while until her phone started to ring, we released the hug and she answers it.

 

“Hello? Dad? Yeah… I’m just packing my things… what? Right now? Oh okay, I’ll be right down, love you too.” She quickly hangs up, becoming frantic. “Our flight was changed, he is already in the lot waiting for me.”

 

“Seriously? So… this is goodbye I guess…” She only nods, trying to hold my tears; I look at her one more time before she leaves out the door. “Don’t forget about me now.” I smile letting a tear leak down my face.

 

She glances back at me, “And don’t forget about me, Jessica Jung.” She smiles back, giving me her eye smile with tears slowly flowing down her face as well.

 

A few minutes pass as I look out the window and watch her get into the cab. Watching the cab drive off, I finally decide to get some sleep as it was getting late, and I needed to wake up early to greet my new roommate.

 

===Next Morning===

 

I wake up to a sudden knock on my door; I hadn’t realized that it was already 10am, which meant that my new roommate was already here. Still sleepy, I quickly get up and stumble onto the floor as I do so.

 

“Miss Jung? Are you all right? Can we come in?” The dorm lady asked as I picked myself up from the floor.

 

“Ah yes, one moment, I’ll be right there!” With lightning speed, I change into my clothes and wash my face. I try to catch my breath as I answer the door. “Hello, sorry about that.”

 

She glances at me funny then shakes her head at me. “Miss Jung, you should really try to wake up earlier, school is starting next week, and I would prefer that you show up in proper attire.” I glanced at the mirror beside my door to realize I was wearing mismatched socks, my hair was a mess, and my shirt was inside out. Embarrassed, I quickly grabbed my robe and put it on before she could introduce the person standing behind her.  “This is Choi Sooyoung, she will be your new roommate starting today.” She moved aside to reveal a very tall, slim girl with short dark brown hair who smiled brightly at me.

 

“It’s nice to meet you Jessica!” 

 

“It’s nice to meet you Sooyoung-shi.” I was never really good with first impressions, but I tried to smile back anyway.

 

“Just call me Sooyoung, we’re roommates anyway, and I hope we’ll get along nicely.” She cheerfully replied, smiling brightly.

 

“Well, I guess I’ll leave you girls to settle in. Miss Jung, would you mind showing Miss Choi around the campus?” The dorm lady asked before leaving.

 

“Of course.” I bow as she leaves.

 

“Phew! Now I can finally relax…” Sooyoung sighs as she drops all her luggage on the floor and begins peeling off her clothes as she nears her bed.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?”  I shoot her a cold glare as she only looks at me with a blank face.

 

“What? I’m just going to take a nap, I’m tired…” She whines.

 

“Don’t just leave your stuff lying all over the place! You just moved here and you’re already leaving a mess…”

 

“Yah, I’ll clean it up later, I’m tired.” She proceeds to lie on her bed, curling up in the blankets and closes her eyes.

 

“It’s only 10am! Clean up your stuff now! Right NOW! N-O-W!” I furiously reply staring at the mess on the floor.

 

She begins to giggle, “Says the girl with mismatched socks, and jungle hair.”

 

Embarrassed and mad at the same time, the only words that could come out of my mouth, “CHOI SOOYOUNG…”

 

“What?” Giving me a teasing smile.

 

“You’re… you’re unbelievable!!” I continue to shoot her the iciest glare I’ve ever given.

 

She smirks, “I’ll take that as a compliment…oh, and you might want to change your clothes.” and closes her eyes again still keeping the smirk on her face. I cross my arms and proceed to change my clothes and fix my hair.

 

------------------------

For those who have read this (so far) I'm just going to gradually update for those who haven't  :)   

Plus it's been a long time since I last update this T.T