Chapter 12

The Little Things [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[Tiffany’s POV]

The door opened to reveal a very tall, slim figure. ‘So this is Sooyoung...’ I thought before giving my best eye-smile. Sooyoung glanced at Jessica before looking at me wide-eyed.

“Wait…you’re…”

I cut her off. “I’ve heard a lot about you, I’m Tiffany!” I bowed respectively.

The tall girl continued to stare at me with a baffled look on her face. “Yah! Sooyoung! I know Tiff is pretty, but you shouldn’t stare.” Jessica teased playfully which caused me to blush.

Sooyoung shook her head violently. “Ah, yes… I mean, I’m Choi Sooyoung. It’s nice to finally meet you after Jessica mentioned you so much.” She bowed back.

“Oh, Jess has told you about me?” I smiled at the thought of Jessica mentioning me. I was convinced that she had forgotten about me, since she talked about Sooyoung so much.

Sooyoung nodded, “She almost doesn’t stop.” She muttered, but I faintly heard her, which caused me to grin.  

“So, are you going to let us in or what?” Jessica was getting impatient and I giggled as the taller girl opened the door wider with an embarrassed face.

There was a sudden silence as we entered. “So… how do you like the school Sooyoung?” I tried to break the ice.

“Oh, it’s going good…” she responded quietly, scratching the back of her head.

“That’s good.” I nodded back. There was more silence.

“So are you moving back in? You’re not going to kick me out are you?” She asked jokingly, relaxing the awkward atmosphere.

I laughed. “Don’t worry Soo, I’m moving in with my grand-parents.” She let out a small breath… of relief?

“Soo?” She asked.

“Oh sorry, if you don’t want me to call you that…” I sadly respond.

She waves her hands and shakes her head. “No, no. It’s not that, I like it.” She smiled assuring me.

“I hope we can become good friends, Soo.” I smile back and Jessica groans suddenly.

“What’s wrong Jess?” I look at her concerned.

She scrunches her nose, rubbing her shoulder. “I don’t know, I just got this weird cramp.” She moves her arm in a circular motion.

“Here, let me help you.” I turn her around and begin massaging her shoulders. “How’s that?”

“Mmm… just a bit more to the left…” She responded clearly enjoying this. I nodded proudly at myself for taking those massage therapy classes.

“Geez, you’re so stiff Jess!” I tease.

“Yah… I haven’t done much physical activity lately…” she retorted. I only giggled in response. You are too cute Jess

“Uhm, I’m just going to the s..store, I’ll be back!” Sooyoung quickly shuffled out the door, leaving me very confused.

“She sure left in a hurry… did I do something wrong?” I frowned.

Jessica shook her head. “I wouldn’t worry about it, she probably went to get more food.”

“Oh, okay.”

Jessica stood up stretching her arms up. “Thanks Tiff, I feel a lot better now.”

“Don’t worry about it Jess, don’t hesitate to ask if you need anything!” I took a seat on her bed.

She thought for a moment. “Hmm…how about a million dollars?” She asked sarcastically.

I played along. “Okay… maybe in a million years!”

We both burst out giggling. “I’ll be right back, I’m going to take a shower. ” Jessica gathered her clothes.

“Oh, did you want me to join you?” I tease.

“Sure.” She bluntly said still gathering a change of clothes.

“R…r…really?” I sputtered out in disbelief.

“Yep… in your dreams.” She smirked before entering the bathroom.

I only shook my head smiling in response.

After awhile, I became bored and decided to wander around. I smiled when I saw some pictures of Jess and me on her desk. I continued to wander, when something shiny caught the corner of my eye. Curious, I bent down and picked up the object. It was a heart-shaped locket. ‘Cute, Soo probably dropped it when she left.’ I thought examining it. Letting curiosity get the best of me, I opened it. My eyes widened when I saw a picture of Jessica kissing Sooyoung on the cheek. ‘W…when did they take this?’ I continued to stare at the picture when a click of the door could be heard. My heart jumped and I hastily closed the locket, stuffing it into my pocket.

The door opened. “Oh hey, Tiffany. Where is Jessica?” The tall girl asked entering the room with a plastic bag in hand.

“S..she w..went to have a s..shower.” I stuttered as I clutched onto the locket stuffing it deeper into my pocket.

“Is something wrong?” Sooyoung asked me curiously.

“I’m fine, somethingcameupsoIhavetogonowbye!” I rambled my last sentence, before rushing out of the room.

[Sooyoung’s POV]

Tiffany rushed out of the room. I frowned. “I wonder what’s wrong?” I shrugged my shoulders; ready to dig into my mini-cake I bought earlier. The mouthwatering goodness was only inches from my mouth when I heard Sica’s voice come the bathroom.

“Tiff? Can you pass me a towel?” She asked cracking the door open slightly peeking her head out.

“Yah where’s Tiff? You didn’t scare her off did you?” Jessica narrowed her eyes at me.

I shake my head. “She said something came up… I think that’s what she said. She kind of left in a hurry.” I respond.  

Jessica only sighs. “Could you pass me a towel?” she asks again.

I grab a towel then smile deviously. “What will I get if I give you this towel?”

Jessica groans in response. “Can we not do this now Sooyoung? I’m tired.”

I get more comfortable on my chair. “Nope, you’re not getting this towel until you offer me something.”

The shorter girl rubs her temples. “Okay fine. Ice-cream?”

“Nope.”

“I’ll finish your English homework.”

“Nope.”

“That book that you always take without my permission.”

“Nope.”

“What do you want then CHOI SOOYOUNG!?!” she was clearly becoming frustrated.

All of her offers were tempting, but there was something I wanted more. “Let me sleep with you.” I offer.

“Excuse me?” she responded raising her brow.

“Let me sleep together with you again tonight.” I repeat smirking.

“Are you four years old? No way!” she rejected.

“Well, I guess you aren’t getting this towel...unless… you want to come out and grab it from me personally.” I giggled.

She thought for a moment and furled her brows. “Hmph, FINE THEN!” she yelled before closing the door abruptly.

I tilted my head slightly confused but instantly jolted back when the blonde girl opened the door with a bathrobe covering her body. She began to stomp towards me. 

“Y..Yah! Y…You’re dripping water in the room!” I stood up backing away, towel still in hand.

“Like I care, just give me the towel!” She lunged at me, instinctively I pulled away and she continued to chase me around the room. She caught me in a corner and I gulped clutching the towel like my life depended on it.

“CHOI SOOYOUNG!” She huffed. “GIVE ME THE DAMN TOWEL NOW!!!”

Extremely fearful for my life, I made tried to make a break past her but the water on the floor caused me to fly forward knocking both of us down onto my bed.

“S…s…sorry!” I apologized opening my eyes. I had my hands on the bed on either side of the latter supporting my weight. My mouth suddenly became dry. Jessica’s bathrobe was slightly open with my body just hovering over hers. I couldn’t move as blood rushed to my face.

Jessica also seemed slightly frozen staring at me with her deep brown eyes. My heart was beating so rapidly I could almost feel it popping out of my chest.

With such impeccable timing, the door swung open. ‘We really need a lock on that thing T.T’ I managed to sneak a thought in before the person spoke.

“Are you guys okay? I heard a yelling and… Oh wow…” The short girl covered .

“What’s going on? Oh~” Yuri came from behind Taeyeon, smirking at us.

Suddenly Seohyun came by. “What’s wrong Unnies?” she asked innocently.

“NOT FOR YOUR EYES!” Taeyeon covered the younger girl’s eyes pushing her away.

I look at them then glance back at Jessica, who is still unmoving and her face was beet red. Finally realizing the situation, I quickly push myself off of her. “W…wait! Y…your misunderstanding! Th-this isn’t w-what it looks l-like!” I frantically sputtered out.

“Sure it’s not…” Yuri continued to tease. “I’ll leave you two alone… sorry for interrupting~” She sung out before closing the door and laughing.

“W…wait!” I reached out towards the door but I felt a hand on my shoulder. Like a horror movie, I slowly turned my head around to see the blonde girl, her face was still red, but her eyes pierced through me like a knife. “S..sica…”

She hit me hard on the head. “OUCH!” I yelped loudly.

“YOU PABO!!!” She yelled before grabbing the towel and rushing to the bathroom.

I was left rubbing the pulsing pain on the top of my head. The recent memory caused my heart rate to increase again. “W...what just happened?”

[Tiffany's POV]

 

I decided to take a taxi home since it was dark out already. "Pabo Pabo Tiffany!" I scolded myself quietly. I can't believe I just ran out of there like that! She probably thinks I'm some weirdo... "AISH!" I yell out loud. The taxi driver looked at me weirdly and I only smiled at him. I pulled out the locket from my pocket. 'I took this too! I should give it back but... how could I possibly explain how I have it?' The scenario played in my mind:

 

Sooyoung: What is it that you needed Tiffany?

Me: I just wanted to return this to you because I stole it the other day!

Sooyoung: What?! I really misjudged you... I can't believe you would take my most precious object.

Me: No! It was a misunderstanding! Total accident!

Sooyoung: *shakes her head* I thought you were better...

Jessica: What's going on?

Sooyoung: Tiffany stole my most precious locket! *shows locket*

Jessica: You mean the one with our most precious picture!

Sooyoung: *nods sobbing*

Me: No wait!

Jessica: I can't believe you, I thought you were my best friend... just go back to America!

Me: NO, JESS NO!!!!!!!

 

Okay, well maybe it wouldn't be that dramatic... but still... what should I do?

 

Suddenly a small chibi version of me with devil horns popped up on my right shoulder. "You could just not return it."

 

Another chibi with angel wings popped up. "No! Return it! It's the right thing to do!"

 

The devil version scoffed. "You kidding? Just toss the thing, the picture in it is disgraceful, it should be you in there."

 

The angel version pouted. "You're not like that Tiffany! Don't listen to that downer over there! Sooyoung will appreciate you returning it."

 

"Obviously it can't be worth anything if she just left it on the floor! Toss it!" The devil persuaded me.

 

"No! Return it!" The angel retorted. The two began to quarrel.

 

I brushed off my shoulders and they poofed away. I shake my head holding my temples. 'I really need some sleep...'

 

[Sooyoung’s POV]

Jessica emerged from the bathroom a few minutes later with her hair wrapped up and her pink pajamas. She didn’t even look at me and sat on her bed reading her book.

“J...Jessica.” I continued. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for that to happen, I was just playing around…” She flipped another page in her book still ignoring me. I sighed sitting on my chair across from her. “It was an accident Sica… please forgive me!” I began to beg. I frowned, as her reaction was still cold. I felt a small chill run down my spine, but I refused to give up.

I reach into my bag and bring out a mini-cake. “I got this for you~” I happily hopped beside her, showing her with a broad smile. She glared at me and I awkwardly laughed backing away a little bit placing the cake between us. I sighed heavily after awhile.

“I..I’m just going to explain to the others about the misunderstanding.” I left the cake there and left the room.

~~~~~~o~~~~~~

 

I saw the girls on the couch whispering to each other in the living room. They noticed my presence and broke out of their huddle.

“Why aren’t you with your Sica~?” Yuri couldn’t help but tease me.

“YAH! I told you! It’s not like that!” I tried to explain but Hyoyeon in.

“I didn’t expect this from you Sooyoung-ah. I mean taking advantage of Jessica… and tackling her down. I thought you were better.” She shook her head disapprovingly.

“Wait what are you talking about! That’s not what happened!” I was interrupted again.

“Poor Jessica …” Sunny dramatically wiped her ‘tears’.

Yuri pats her back. “It’s okay, I couldn’t believe it either. Sica-baby was in such a shock, she couldn’t even speak!” Yuri continued to add more fuel to the flames.

“YAH!! THAT’S NOT WHAT HAPPENED! KWON YURI STOP FILLING THEIR HEADS WITH LIES!” I yelled before lunging toward her.

Yuri held in a giggle as she got up with a face of horror. “Oh no! Not me too! Isn’t Jessica enough?” heavy sarcasm filled her voice. “Taeyeon even saw it!”

I turned my head to Taeyeon, clear frustration in my eyes. Sunny noticed my death glare and shielded Taeyeon from me.

I rolled my eyes before smacking my head against the wall. “Why is this happening?!”

I felt a pair of arms pull me away from the wall. “We know Sooyoung-ah, we were only joking…” Yoona felt a little bad for the over-dramatic situation.

“Awh it was just getting interesting…” Yuri pouted at the rest and they only shrugged.

Yoona put her hands on her waist. “Yul! That’s enough from you!” she walked towards her, grabbing her ear.

“Oww Ow Ow!” Yuri whimpered following Yoona.

“I’ll deal with her Unnie, go get some rest.” Yoona winked at me before leaving. The rest of the girls dispersed. I heaved a sigh and returned to our room.

Upon returning I found Jessica already sleeping. I walked over to my bed and noticed an empty plate where the mini-cake used to be. I smiled brightly turning on a small bedside lamp. Before hopping into my bed I heard a small voice.

“Sooyoung.” Jessica called out.

“Y..yes?” I answered hesitantly.

“…Thanks.” She said bluntly.

“Anytime Sica. I’m glad you liked it.” I smiled warmly at her.

“That was my revenge by the way… earlier.” She continued.

“Oh… does that mean… you forgive me?” I asked anticipating her response.

She nodded. I jumped for joy in my head. I was worried she would be really mad at me.

“But…I’m sorry.”

I gave her a confused expression. “What for?”

“Your bed… is soaked from my hair.” She faced her body to me.

I looked at my bed and noticed a large wet spot from where we landed. “Ah...”

“So if you wanted…” I turned back to her waiting for her to continue. “You can…sleep in my bed.” She mumbled very quietly.

Since it was very quiet I wanted to make sure I heard right. “W..what was that Sica?”

She cleared . “If you want to sleep on my bed… you can.”

My eyes widened. “R..really?”

“If you don’t want to, just tell me, I’m tired.” She was slightly agitated.

“N..no! It’s not that… Thanks Sica!” I hastily lay beside her and she made room, facing away from me of course.

“Goodnight Sica!” I say excitedly wrapping my arms around her waist like the last time we slept like this.

“G-goodnight S-Sooyoung.” Did she just stutter? Cute. I didn’t want to ruin the moment so I closed my eyes cuddling to the warmth beside me. 

--------------------------

aoisbgiabsdfahf asdadas87gfy.... don't mind me, I'm just typing nonsense :P