So We Meet Again...

The Little Things [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[Sooyoung’s POV]

I awoke to two things. For one, agonizing pain emitting from my injured knee, and two, the beautiful face of an angel that seemed to make the pain vanish from first glance. Call it cheesy, cliché or obvious, but I think I’ve fallen for this girl. Why? There was nothing special about her, but her cold attitude with a rather warm spot at times. In looks, fairly average but she has her moments. Nothing screamed special about her. So why do I find myself so attracted to her?

She stirred as she unconsciously moved over, forcing me to remember the extreme discomfort of my cursed knee.

I grit my teeth as I try to move my leg away from the heavy weight of a certain ice-princess’ leg that draped itself over it. 

Finally getting it away at a safe range, I sit up and stretch my arms into the air.

If it weren’t for the thick scent of hand sanitizer, obnoxious tick of the old clock on the wall and musty air from the poor quality vents, I would have thought I was back at the dorm and this whole thing was just a bad dream.

Unfortunately, it was not.

“Mhmm…” I heard a low grumble and glance down at the sleeping beauty.

She slowly opens her eyelids, revealing those round, pearly orbs. She blinks and stares up at me.

“Good morning sleepy-head.” I couldn’t help but tease and she just groans and sits up, rubbing her eyes.

“Morning… what time is it?” she asks and I glance at the clock.

“8:20.” I respond lazily.

“Oh… wait, WHAT?!”

Her eyes nearly pop out of their sockets as she scrambles up, stumbling around in the process. I grab her arm to steady her.

“Whoa, relax there.”

She turns to me, face in panic. “Class started at eight! What am I going to do?”

She paces around grabbing her things and trying to fix herself up.

“Idiot, idiot!” she continues mumbling to herself.

I couldn’t help seeing her in this state. “Let me help you.” I attempt to stand and she nearly jumps on me, forcing me on the bed.

“Stay.” She commanded and could only nod like an obedient dog.

There was a knock on the door and we both turn.

 “Good morning ladies… I came earlier, but saw you were… uhm… comfortable, so I decided to come back.” The doctor chuckles awkwardly and I notice Jessica turn beet red, and back away from me.

“Anyways,” the doctor clears his throat and continues, “I just got news that the surgery was advanced due to an open slot.” 

I gulped. “S-so when is it?” I ask.

“Later this afternoon is the plan.” He explains and I feel my heart become anxious.

“Well that’s great news… You’ll get out sooner that way.” Jessica pitches in, smiling.

I felt a little more at ease, but still the nervousness crept into my conscious. I couldn’t let it show though. “Right.” I say with semi-confidence.

“Well we’re going to prepare the room and we’ll come pick you up later. Feel free to visit for awhile longer.” He kindly smiles and walks from the room.

“You heading to school?” I ask calmly as possible.

“Well I already missed my first class. Might as well stay.” Jessica answers, taking a seat.

“You don’t have to stay if you don’t want to. You already stayed the night.” I tried to reason with her.

She gave me a strange glance. “Do you want me to leave?” she asks.

I shake my head weakly. “No, I just thought if you had better things to do…”

‘I don’t want you to see how pathetic I am.’ I think to myself.

“Not really… my next class isn’t until later today anyways.” She explains.

“Ah okay…”

I notice her observing me. “You okay? You look pale.”

I sit straight and shake my hands in denial. “I’m fine, just a little… hungry.” I lie.

“Okay, I’ll go get us something to eat then.” Jessica concluded, standing up and swiftly leaving the room.

I sat in silence, trying to shake the intense anxiety overcoming my conscience.

I had to admit that though I had a rather high tolerance to pain, the mere thought of surgery or operations scare me… a lot. Pathetic I know… but it was a weak spot I’ve had since I was young, including needles. The thought made me shiver.

Jessica made a hasty return. Holding two sandwiches, messily wrapped in plastic wrap. I assumed they were from the hospital cafeteria, much to my dismay.

“This is the only decent thing they had so… here you go.” She said, passing it over to me.

“Thanks Sica.” I said cutely, unwrapping it, immediately stuffing it into my mouth. I hadn’t realized how much my stomach yearned for food; even it was just a few slices of ham and cheese, squeezed between two flat pieces of bread.

“Wow, I swear I could have gave you burnt toast, and you still would have devoured it.” She laughed watching me chomp down on the remaining piece.

“Only because it’s from you.” I said in a flirtatious manner.

I saw her cheeks turn a light shade of pink as she modestly ate her sandwich.

I sighed, getting a little light-headed from the musty fumes of the small room.

“Let’s go outside.” I suggested.

Jessica just looked at me quizzically.

“You know you can’t leave this room.” She said seriously.

I shrugged. “I need some air, the lack of fresh oxygen is getting to me.”

“No way! You’re not going anywhere with that knee.” She said in a motherly tone and I could only bite back the smile from my lips, forcing them into a pout.

“But Sica, being in this room is starting to drive me crazy…”

“You’ve only been here for two days!” she argued.

“Sica… please?” I begged cutely.

“What if the doctor comes in to get you, and you’re not here huh?” she crossed her arms.

“Only for a little bit… I want some sun before I meet my doom.” I said dramatically pleading.

She rolled her eyes. “It’s just minor knee surgery, not some heart transplant.”

I batted my eyelashes while my lips shaped into a frown.

She sighed and I know that she was breaking down.

“Only for a little bit?”

I nodded excitedly.

She remained silent for a few moments finally looking at me.

“Fine… but I’m putting you on a wheel chair, and I choose where we go okay?” she said awaiting my answer.

I shrug. I suppose it’s better than being here.

She wheels in a chair from outside and helps me on. I grunt, trying to adjust my leg into a comfortable enough position to sit.

“You okay like that?” Jessica asked. I noted the hint of concern in her voice and I smiled.

“Yes, I’m perfectly fine.”

She smirked. “Well aren’t you just a cup of sunshine now.”

I nodded. I honestly was just eager to leave trying to erase the dreaded thoughts of what will happen later this afternoon.

We went into the halls, and I could tell that Jessica was trying to be sneaky about it, but if anything, it was just making us look more suspicious.

“Relax Sica, it’s not like you’re breaking me out of prison.” I teased.

She instantly regained her composure and walked out casually from the building into a small outdoor courtyard.

There were only a few people out including some patients and staff on break.

Jessica took a seat on a beach and wheeled me beside her.

“Happy now?” she asked, crossing her arms.

I could tell that she was unhappy by having committed this so-called felony.

“Very.” I smiled and took in the fresh air. “Much better.”

“Sooyoung… I’m sorry.” Jessica says out of the blue.

I furl my brows. “For what?”

“For you having to go through this…”

“We already went over this, it was my own fault—“

“No, I mean… I wish I noticed it sooner…” she mumbled, facing away from me.

I grab her face and make her look at me. “Jessica Jung. You need to stop feeling guilty over trivial things. I’m already here, and soon enough, I’ll be out and it will be like it never even happened. “ I explained clearly.

“O-okay.” She stuttered. Her face was becoming hot as she reddened.

“You feeling okay?” I ask worriedly.

“I-I’m fine!” she squeaked and I looked at her oddly.

“Wow I didn’t know you guys were so close.” We heard a voice from behind us and we immediately pulled apart.

“Hara?” I asked, a little startled by her appearance.

“Sooyoung-unnie!” A tiny voice called from behind her.

“Oh, Jiyoung!” I said, smiling at the small girl.

She pounced at me from the side and giggled, holding up a brown, paper bag.

“I brought Unnie cinnamon buns!!” she stated excitedly, and I instantly perked up at the sound of the fresh, delicious treat.

“Really!? You’re my savior!” I squealed from happiness, temporarily forgetting the presence of the others around me.

 

[General POV]

Hara just giggled at the two shikshins as they dug into the bag, leaving the poor thing in scraps.

She looked over at Jessica, who was just as amused.

“Nice to see you again Jessica-shi.” Hara greeted politely, bowing.

Jessica acknowledged her and returned the gesture. “Likewise, Hara-shi.”

Despite the delightful atmosphere just beside them, the air was tense between them, as they shot each other challenging glances.

“I heard what happened to Youngie, so I wanted to see how she was doing.” Hara said, seemingly answering Jessica’s silent question.

“I spent the night and we decided to get some fresh air.”

Hara nodded slowly, processing the ice-princess’ words. “Sorry I didn’t know you were here, otherwise, I would have brought you some too.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

The two continued their stare-off when Sooyoung waved a hand in front of Jessica’s face.

“Sica, what’s wrong?” she asked innocently, completely oblivious of the tense situation.

Jessica just shook her head and smiled. “Nothing.” She couldn’t really comprehend what happened either. All she knew, is that she felt uneasy.

Sooyoung smiled back and pat her stomach. “I’m so full now. They were delicious!" she gleamed. 

“I’m glad you liked them Youngie, I made them specially for you.” she shyly smiled, causing Jessica to internally scoff.

“Thanks Hara, I appreciate it a lot.” Sooyoung grinned blissfully.

“Well we should head back now.” Jessica said abruptly standing up.

Sooyoung pouted, as did Jiyoung.

“Is unnie going to be okay?” she asked cutely.

Sooyoung nodded.

“I’ll be just fine now, thanks to that delicious treat!”

Jiyoung beamed and happily skipped back to her sister.

“Alright, well… I’ll see you around Youngie… and Jessica-shi.” Hara bid her farewell as they walked off with Jiyoung.

“I like Soo-unnie! She likes food… like me!” Jiyoung giggled.

Hara pet the young girl’s head.

“I like her too.” She grinned widely. 

 


 

Here's an update! A little bit of a filler sorry... my mind is just dead from school... Ugh T.T 

I don't know why I enjoy Jealous-sica so much xD Perhaps I should switch it around... ;P 

Comments/Concerns/General Feedback is appreciated! 

Until next time--- 

--Rainey