The Rise then the Fall

The Little Things [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[Tiffany POV (last chap)]

 

They had announced Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were the winners. I wasn’t surprised; they put on a pretty good show.

 

I glanced at Sooyoung who held an excited expression and looked down at Jessica who seemed just as excited.

 

She grabbed her hands and they began jumping up and down. Why wasn’t she as ecstatic when I won the karaoke contest?

 

 I bit my lip at the sight. Unfortunately, it didn’t end there when Sooyoung suddenly pulled Jessica into a tight hug. At this point I wanted to explode. My heart ached and I looked away.

 

They pulled away from each other and I observed Jessica’s reaction, only to see her holding her chest as Sooyoung ran to the stage.

 

I knew what was happening, but I didn’t want to believe it. I couldn’t.

 

Jessica turned to me and furled her brows.

 

“Is something wrong Tiff?” she asked, referring to my clearly bitter expression.

 

I shook my head quickly. I couldn’t stand it. They way she looked at Sooyoung, the way she acted around her… I was angry and I could feel it boiling inside of me.

 

I gritted my teeth. “N-Nothing. I‘m going to get some drinks.” I coldly replied and moved away from her.

 

“Wait Tiff!” was all I could hear, before I was swallowed in the crowd.

 

I went a nearby stall and got a bottle of water, swallowing down a large gulp of the substance.

 

I glanced back behind me, and noticed that the waves of people had undeniably grown larger.

 

‘Wait…Jessica!’ I thought alarmed, and quickly tried to make my way back to where I left her.

 

My fear had come true, when I couldn’t find her. I sifted my way through the crowd trying to find her.

 

I felt so stupid.  I should have known better than to leave her but seeing her with Sooyoung… I shook my head. That wasn’t important right now.

 

I finally could see a small gap within the crowd, and something that most definitely sounded like whimpering.

 

“Jessica!” I shouted and pushed my way through, getting a few elbows to the chest and harsh shoving. I couldn’t give up. There was more commotion coming from behind me, but I didn’t bother to look back.

 

I finally broke to the opening.

 

Jessica was huddled onto the ground and holding her head.

 

I went out to reach her, but I felt someone shove past me, nearly knocking me over and wrapping their arms around Jessica’s shivering body.

 

Sooyoung.

 

At that moment, time seemed to freeze. I stood frozen, watching the agonizing sight of Jessica clinging to Sooyoung with dear life. All I could do was stare.

 

Thoughts invaded my mind.

 

‘That should have been me.’

‘How did she find her?’

‘Why Sooyoung?’

 

Sooyoung got up, holding Jessica in her arms. I managed to catch a glance at Jessica’s face. It was tear-struck, and she buried her face into Sooyoung’s chest.

 

I pushed myself away from them and out of the crowd, to a nearby tree and leaned against it.

 

“Why… if only I hadn’t been so stupid.” I mumbled and felt a tap on my shoulder.

 

I look over and see Taeyeon looking at me with a worried expression.

 

“What’s happened? I saw Sooyoung carrying Jessica. Did she get hurt?” she proceeded to bombard me with questions.

 

I shrugged. “I’m not sure… I’m sure they’re fine though. I have to go.” I quickly moved away from her and towards the exit.

 

I wasn’t really paying attention to where I was going. With my head down, I felt defeated.

 

 ‘I should just give up… I don’t stand a chance…’  I sighed out and managed to bump into someone.

 

“Sorry.” I quietly mumbled, and tried to walk around them, but they just blocked my way.

 

“What are you—“ I stopped when I looked up and met with those all too familiar eyes.

 

My eyes narrowed. “Move.” I coldy stated.

 

He smirked at me. “That isn’t anyway to treat your dear brother is it?”

 

I scoffed. “Leave me alone.” I tried to walk away but her grabbed my wrist.

 

“What is bothering you?” he asked.

 

I shot him a cold glare. “None of your business!” I tried to break away, but he just held on tighter.

 

“I only want to help you…” he said, his tone more gentle.

 

I scoffed. “Help me? Like you did last time?” 

 

His expression hardened. “That was an accident. I was just trying to protect you.”

 

I roughly slapped his arm away. “Protect me? If you really want to do me a favour, just leave me alone!” I practically screamed.

 

He sighed and backed off. I took this chance and stormed off without looking back.

 

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through the numbers.

 

‘I will handle this on my own, I can’t lose hope yet.’ I thought and got to a familiar number.

 

[To: Sooyoung]

Don’t think you’ve won yet. I’m not giving up.]

 

I typed furiously and hit send.

 

[General POV]

 

He stared, watching the angered girl run off.

“I can see the hurt in your eyes Miyoung-ah… don’t worry. I will always protect you, even if it makes you hate me.” He whispered as her figure disappeared around the corner.

 

~~~~~

 

Meanwhile, later at the dorm, the girls were all gathered around in the living room, all very hazy from the day’s events. Taeyeon and Sunny sat together on the couch, while Yoona and Yuri lay on the floor in front of the TV. Hyoyeon was sitting on the single seat with Seohyun on her lap.

 

“Pass the remote please…” Yoona motioned to anyone, as she lazily held her hand out.

 

Taeyeon lightly tossed the remote towards her as she rested her head on the armrest of the couch.

 

Sunny sat beside her and had her head resting on Taeyeon’s shoulder, nearly asleep.

 

“So… tired.” Yuri yawned and scratched her head.

 

“We all are…” Hyoyeon replied, even her energy level was down as she watched the television with a blank expression.

 

“Where do you think Sooyoung and Jessica are?” Yoona asked curiously.

 

Everyone looked around and shrugged.

 

“Probably on a date.” Yuri chuckled. She looked at her watch and it was about 7pm. The festival had just ended an hour before.  

 

“Do you think they’re okay?” Seohyun asked, slightly worried.

 

Hyoyeon smiled and wrapped her arms around the younger girl’s waist.

 

“I’m sure they’re just fine Hyunie~” she cooed, causing Seohyun to blush lightly.

 

Taeyeon sighed and sat up slowly, being sure not to disturb the girl on her shoulder.

 

“I think I’ll go get some snacks and maybe get our energy up.” She suggested.

 

Sunny sat up, rubbing her eyes. “I’ll help you Taeng.”

 

Taeyeon smiled and helped her up off the couch. “Thanks bunny.”

 

Sunny blushed at her nickname as they went off to the kitchen.

 

A few moments later, the front door opened and two figures emerged.

 

“Oh, look at who showed up…” Yuri smirked at the two.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, while Sooyoung chuckled, holding the back of her neck.

 

“So what happened that made you jump off the stage like that?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Uh… I don’t know.” Sooyoung answered truthfully and glanced at Jessica.

 

“You okay Sica-baby?” Yuri asked with a worried tone.

 

“I’m fine… and for the last time, stop calling me that!” Jessica narrowed her eyes.

 

Yuri just laughed. “Right, right sorry… wouldn’t want to make Soo jealous.” She winked.

 

Sooyoung and Jessica both turned red and gave her a threatening glare.

 

Yuri got the message, and raised her hands in surrender.

 

“Oh! You’re back!” Taeyeon smiled as she held a tray of fruit.

 

“Food!” Sooyoung and Yoona both shouted in unison.

 

“Hey Tae.” Jessica greeted, snatching a strawberry off the plate.

 

“Yah! At least wait until I get to the table!” Taeyeon pouted and walked towards the table, setting it down, when Sooyoung and Yoona were the first to it.

 

Everyone giggled at the shikshins, and dug in before they could eat it all.

 

“Ah~ so sweet~” Sunny cutely smiled as she ate a handful of grapes.

 

“Let me try!” Taeyeon opened in anticipation.

 

Sunny giggled and popped a grape into the mouth of the latter.

 

Sooyoung was eyeing them, somewhat envious. She stole a glance at Jessica who was took a bite of a strawberry and watched the TV.

 

“Sica~” Sooyoung called and Jessica turned towards her.

 

“What?” she asked with a bored expression.

 

Sooyoung opened and scooted closer to her.

 

Jessica looked at her, and then down to the half-eaten strawberry in her hand.

 

Getting the message, she smirked and put it closer to Sooyoung’s mouth, only to quickly pull it back and taking a bite.

 

Sooyoung looked at her with a frown while Jessica just laughed.

 

‘Too cute’ Jessica thought and reached out, pinching Sooyoung’s cheeks.

 

Sooyoung continued to pout, while Jessica played with her cheeks.

 

Jessica, still holding her cheeks, stopped and stared at Sooyoung.

 

They both were staring into each other’s eyes, everyone else in the room disappearing.

 

Their hearts beat at a rapid pace.

 

“Just kiss already!” Yuri shouted, breaking their trance as they quickly pulled away from each other.

 

“Y-yah!” Jessica angrily threw a pillow at Yuri who swiftly dodged it.

 

Sooyoung was blushing madly and got up, walking towards Yuri.

 

Everyone was laughing as Sooyoung chased Yuri around the room.

 

~~~~

 

It was already 9pm and they all decided to head to their respective rooms.

 

“Goodnight Sooyoung... and thanks… for today.” Jessica blushed, as she her bedside lamp.

 

“No problem… you’re okay right?” Sooyoung asked, pulling the blankets on her bed.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine now.” Jessica smiled and pulled out a book.

 

Sooyoung smiled. “That’s good. I’m just going to wash up.” Sooyoung said, heading towards the bathroom.

 

Jessica nodded and after awhile, Sooyoung emerged in her pajamas, and fresh face, as she made her way over to her bed.

 

“Hey Sica… I was thinking…” Sooyoung began and looked at Jessica. “Since we left the festival early, that means I won the bet right?” she asked deviously.

 

Jessica turned to her and furled her brows. “Uh… no. I still went, so that means that I won.” She replied.

 

She had honestly forgotten about the bet, but since Sooyoung brought it up she had to defend herself.

 

“But we still left early, and the bet was to spend the day there.” Sooyoung protested.

 

Jessica closed her book and looked at Sooyoung in disbelief. “Don’t twist the bet in your favour! It was that I went, and simple as that! Besides, there was a circumstance…”

 

“Just because of those circumstances, doesn’t mean I’ll let you off easy!” Sooyoung stuck her tongue out.

 

“YAH!” Jessica shouted, throwing her book at Sooyoung.

 

In the midst of dodging the object, Sooyoung slamming her knee against her bedside table and howled in pain as she grabbed her knee, collapsing to the ground.

 

“Sooyoung!” Jessica jolted upwards, shocked by her scream.

 

She ran towards her, where Sooyoung was curled on the ground, grabbing her knee.

 

‘Did she really hit it, that hard?’ Jessica thought, now feeling bad she threw the book at her, but quickly knelt down and went to inspect the situation.

 

“Oh my god, are you okay Sooyoung?” She asked panicked.

 

Sooyoung meekly nodded and tried to stand up, but the pain in her knee was unbearable as she just collapsed again.

 

“Okay wait, let me see.” Jessica said, trying to pull Sooyoung’s pant leg up, but she protested.

 

“I’m fine, Jess…” she said weakly.

 

“You’re obviously not. Let me see!” Jessica said more insistant and annoyed at the latter’s stubbornness.

 

Forcefully, she pulled Sooyoung’s pant leg up and gasped.

 

Sooyoung’s knee was extremely red, swollen, and bruised. Sooyoung seemed a bit surprised herself.

 

The door swung open as Taeyeon, Yuri burst through the door with Hyoyeon trailing behind.  

 

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked, rushing over to them.

 

“She hit her knee on the table.” Jessica explained

 

“There is no way that this would happen from just hitting the table.” Yuri commented, inspecting the injury.

 

“Wait! When she hopped off the stage, she landed on her knee.” Hyoyeon inquired and they all looked at Sooyoung.

 

“Is that true?” Jessica asked.

 

Sooyoung just nodded.

 

“Pabo! Why didn’t you say something!” Jessica yelled and felt even worse, knowing she was partially at fault.

 

“Okay, let’s get her to the clinic so they can get it checked.” Taeyeon said, as Yuri and Hyoyeon helped Sooyoung to her feet.

 

They all rushed to Yuri’s car and drove towards the nearest clinic. 

 


 

Comments? :) 

Hello everyone ^^ I decided to update in celebration of 100 subs!!

image

 

Seriously? Am I seeing things? I think I got a tear in my eye :')

I wish I could just hug you all!! Erm... or maybe not haha

Anyways, Thank you all for your support and comments ^^ You're all so awesome! Words can't explain...  

Without you guys, this story wouldn't have even gotten this far or even exist at all! 

I'll try my best to update more regularily and keep it interesting for you all:) 

Don't be afraid to give me suggestions or critisism either! I really get my energy off of your feedback!  

Thank you again my lovely readers! <3 

Until next time~

~Rainey