Another Long Day...

The Little Things [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[General POV]

Jessica, Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Yuri all sat in the room, patiently waiting for the doctor to return with the results of the x-ray.

Sooyoung sat anxiously, tapping her finger on her thigh, as she lay on the bed, her knee elevated and temporarily wrapped.

Jessica was just as anxious, as she stole glances at Sooyoung and her knee.

‘I hope she’s okay…’ she inwardly frowned.

Aish I hate hospitals…’ Yuri grimaced, staring at blankly at the white walls, trying hard not to inhale the strong medical fumes of sanitizer and rubbing alcohol.

Taeyeon on the other hand, just sat patiently, flipping aimlessly through a magazine she found in the waiting room.

Soon, the doctor walked in with his white lab coat holding a clipboard and glasses slung loosely around his neck.

“Miss Choi.”

Everyone in the room jolted up and stopped what they were doing.

“Yes?” Sooyoung answered nervously.

“It seems that you have managed to fracture the bone within your knee.” He paused, reading over the results on the clipboard.

Everyone was initially shocked, but not too surprised by the news.

“So, she needs a cast then?” Taeyeon inquired after the brief silence.

The doctor set down the clipboard. “That would be the case in a normal situation, however—“

Sooyoung frowned, not happy with where this was going.

“You managed to wear down the bone so much, that it is extremely fragile. In other words, it was overexerted to the point where you will need surgery.” He said bluntly.

Everyone’s eyes bulged and mouths gaped at his words.

“S-surgery?” Sooyoung stuttered, her face paled.

The doctor nodded in confirmation. “Yes. We have an open spot in the next 3 days, until then, we suggest you stay here to refrain any movements of your knee.”

Jessica bit her lip.

‘This is my fault… ‘ She glanced over at Sooyoung who sighed deeply. ‘Sooyoung...I’m sorry.’

With that the doctor handed Sooyoung some small, white tablets. “Take these. They will ease the tension in your knee.”

She just nodded and took them with a sip of water.

“Alright then. I’ll have to ask your friends to leave—“

“Can I stay?” A voice interrupted the older man and he looked at the blonde, startled.

“You sure Jessica?” Yuri asked, with a rather surprised look.

Jessica just nodded.

Yuri smirked, deciding not to question further, and turned her attention back to the doctor. “Is that alright with you, sir?”

The doctor just shrugged. “If that’s what you wish, I won’t argue.”

 “Okay, we’ll be heading back to the dorm, I’ll make sure that Soo will be marked absent.” Taeyeon said, standing up, patting Sooyoung on the shoulder.

“See you later… and don’t be reckless again Soo!” Yuri commented, heading out the door with Taeyeon and the doctor as well.

As soon as they left, Jessica and Sooyoung were left in the room alone.

“You should go back and get some sleep Sica…” Sooyoung said after a brief silence.

Jessica stubbornly shook her head and took a seat next to Sooyoung on the padded chair.

“I feel a bit guilty for what happened earlier… you wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for me.” She said, a hint of sadness in her tone.

She looked up after feeling a warm hand on her lap.

“Don’t worry about it Sica, it’s not your fault… it was my own... but I don’t regret it.” She smiled.

Jessica tilted her head in confusion. “Why? Now you have to get surgery…”

Sooyoung just continued to grin. “Because I got to spend a great day with you.”

Jessica blushed and hit Sooyoung’s shoulder. “Pabo… that’s no excuse to push yourself like that.”  She turned her head away, embarrassed.

Sooyoung chuckled and yawned. “It’s excuse enough for me.”

“Aish, you’re so cheesy, you know that Sooyoung?” Jessica mumbled, still facing away.

“Sooyoung?” she called out again when there was a lack of response. She turned back to find the tall girl, soundly asleep.

“Wow, those painkillers really knocked you out.” Jessica commented and scooted closer to Sooyoung.

‘Since when did your sleeping face become so cute?’ Jessica thought to herself while observing the girl’s face.

Jessica reached over, brushing Sooyoung’s bang over and found herself leaning in, placing her lips gently on the latter’s cheek.

‘Please be okay…’ she mumbled quietly and soon drifted off to sleep herself.

Little did she know that Yuri was watching from the door, a smug grin plastered on her face, as she leaned against the doorframe.

“Sica… you need to be more honest with yourself.” she shook her head, chuckling quietly and walked away.

===Next Morning===

[Jessica’s POV]

I sat up with an aching pain in my neck and back. I found myself resting on my arms and wearily sat up adjusting to the bright light emitting from the curtains.

I stretched, cracking my neck and stiff shoulders.

I glanced over at the clock beside me and see the time was 7:30am.

Sooyoung was still sleeping soundly in the same position since last night. I continued staring at the latter when the buzzing of my phone startled me and I jolted up, juggling the phone in my hands, checking the message.

[From: Tiff]

Hey Jess! Where are you? You haven’t been answering my calls… msg me when you get a chance!]

I hit reply.

[To: Tiff]

Hey Tiff, sorry I haven’t replied, I’m at the hospital right now. Sooyoung got hurt yesterday.]

I waited a few moments, and there was a reply.

[From: Tiff]

Really? Is she okay? What happened?]

[To: Tiff]

She’s fine but she injured her knee and needs surgery]

[From: Tiff]

That’s horrible! Please wish her well for me. Are you coming to school today?]

I hesitated for a moment and glanced over at Sooyoung who was now awaking and she stretched her arms.

“My someone is up early.” she said, looking at me and I set my phone down briefly.

“Your snoring woke me up.” I responded teasingly.

She frowned and then laughed. “I’ll have to add that to my list of ways to wake you up…”

I stuck my tongue out at her.

“Don’t you have school today?” She asked.

“Uhh…” I scratched my head, and nodded.

“You should go to school Sica... or will you miss me too much?” she teased.

I huffed and crossed my arms defensively. “You wish Sooyoung… I just wanted an excuse to skip.” I sneered.  

Sooyoung just laughed. “Sure you did… you know that you’ll miss me…”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever Choi Sooyoung.”  I scoffed.

My phone vibrated again and I knew it was Tiffany.

“Go to school Sica… I’ll be fine.” She winked.

“Fine, fine…” I stuck my tongue out at her.

I opened my phone and began to reply.

[To: Tiff]

Yeah, I’m going… I’ll see you in class okay?]

I hit send then gathered my things.

I got up and Sooyoung just stared up at me.

“Well… I’ll be going then.” I said in a rather awkward tone, for some reason, not really wanting to leave.

“See you~” She sung and waved me off.

I stopped just by the door and turned back, pulling my i-pod out and tossing it to her.

“Just to keep you entertained…” I said before quickly leaving, not giving any time for response.

I called a taxi and directed him towards the school.

====At School====

I shuffled towards the classroom, trying to hand comb the mats from my hair, not to mention that my back was still aching from the awkward position I slept in.

I entered the classroom just as the bell went off and sighed with relief.

“Jessi!” I heard a loud whisper from across the room, to see Tiffany waving me over.

I waved back and sat next to her.

“Are you okay? I’m really sorry about yesterday…” she said in a saddened tone.

“I’m fine… but is something bothering you Tiff? You’ve been acting strange lately.” I asked worriedly.

She denied anything a little too quickly and I knew that something was definitely wrong, but I’d trust she’d tell me when she’s ready.

“Well alright then.” I responded just as the teacher walked in and hushed everyone down.

“Okay class, today we have a pop quiz!” I groaned and smacked my forehead on the desk.

This was going to be a long day. 


Hey everyone! :) 

Sorry for the overdue update! I've been working nonstop for the past 2 weeks and haven't found time and I've been really exhausted D: 

I hope to update this again later today if all goes well~

Thanks for your lovely comments! I really love reading them and getting to know my readers :)

See you again soon~

~Rainey

 

REPLIES: 

@shaqluls: Thanks! I'll keep working hard as long as I have your guys' support ^^ Poor Soo... good thing Sica is there for her :) 

@soonyu: Glad you like it :D 

@SNSDLoveForeverSone: Soosic really does need to get together lol... its looks like Tiff won't give up without a fight though... 

@Enniii: Soosica<3 

@xAngel101: Yeah I'm sure Soo will be just fine as long as Sica is around :) 

@MoniQue_824: Soosic need to kiss already xD If only they could realize sooner... 

@nerdiepanda: Yeah Tiff must be lonely... but Soosic comes first haha *awkward hugs* xP 

@GayForSooyoung: Yuri seriously killed a good mood D: 

@DaraSooyoung: I want them to kiss... but not yet haha 

@SooSicaBiased: Thank you! I worked hard on that poster... xD

@ForeverSoosicaLove: Awh thank you <3 I'm not sure if I deserve it, but I certainly appreciate all the support :) Let's hope Fany isn't THAT crazy haha 

@Kiwi_yuhi: Mysterious guy huh? It's Sica's turn to take care of Soo :) keke 

@unitha: bahah at least she ruined it in a humorous fashion :P I'm glad you like it <3 

Thanks everyone for the great comments! It really gives me the motivation to write... whenever I'm at work, all I can think about is what should happen next in my story xD On my breaks, I go jot down all the things I thought of  haha.

One really embarassing moment was when I was calling out someone's name, and it was supposed to be "Susan" but I ended up saying "Soosi--an!" Oh man... the look she gave me was priceless xD