Chapter 20

The Little Things [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[Sooyoung’s POV]

I was practicing with Hyoyeon as we just finished perfecting our routine. With the festival in just 3 days we made sure that each movement was perfect, not forgetting to have some fun as well.

“Okay, let’s run it over one more time and call it a day.” Hyoyeon suggested.

“Sounds good.” I wiped my forehead as we got into position.

The music began slowly, but soon picked up and our bodies moved in unison as we waved and popped to the rhythms.

The final beat ended and I could hear some light clapping from the door. I turned, and it was Seohyun.

“Seo-baby~!!” Hyoyeon sang as she ran over to the girl and pulled her into a tight hug. “What did you think?”

Seohyun giggled. “It was great! I can’t wait to see you on stage!” she said excitedly.

“I can’t wait either!” With Hyoyeon’s arm securely around the younger’s waist, she turned to me.

“Too bad you won’t have Jessica to come cheer you on.” She teased.

“Actually, she’s coming to the festival, so I’m sure she’ll come watch.” I explained.

“What? You actually convinced her highness to come to the festival? I’m impressed!” Hyoyeon’s raised her brows and nodded approvingly.

I chuckled. “Thanks… by the way, I don’t think I had the chance to say congratulations. You two look really cute together.” I smiled at them.

“Thanks! You and Jessica look good too.” Hyoyeon continued to tease.

I punched her in the arm. “Hey! W-we aren’t e-even t-together!” I sputtered.

“Oh come on Soo, we all know you like her. Right hyunie?” she asked Seohyun, who nodded.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I tried to defend myself.

“Yeah right… whatever you say Soo.” Hyoyeon chuckled and went off to grab her things.

Seohyun leaned closer to me. “You should be true to your feelings Unnie… she might just slip away from you.” she said seriously.

I was about to reply when Hyoyeon jumped back and dragged Seohyun from the room.

“See you later Soo!” she waved and ran off.

I just stood there baffled.

“..she might just slip away from you.” Seohyun’s words echoed.

Suddenly the image of Jessica and Tiffany together flashed in my mind.

I exhaled deeply. “I think she already has…”

I shook away the thought and headed back to the dorm.

 

[Jessica’s POV]

I sat at my desk, reading a book, not realizing that I had been reading the same sentence over and over again. I couldn’t focus.

The dreadful day is nearing. The Festival.  I wasn’t looking forward to it. Not one bit. Not to mention that Sooyoung hasn’t let it go since the day I agreed to go. Why did I have to agree to something so stupid?

“Sica~” I heard that voice ring in the room.

“What?” I replied in an annoyed tone.

“You haven’t forgotten right?” she continued.

“Forgot what?” I asked clueless.

She leaned closer to my ear. “You’re going to the festival with me.”

I scoffed. “I never agreed to go with you. I just said that I’d go.”

Sooyoung pouted. “Then who are you going with?”

I thought for a moment. “Myself.” I concluded.

“Seriously? Why?” she asked puzzled.

“Just because… Don’t you have that dance competition to attend anyways?” I asked, going back to my book.

“Yeah, it’s not until later in the day though and I was kind of hoping that we could go together beforehand.”

I sighed. “Why don’t you just go with Hyo or Taeyeon or someone else.”

“Because I wanted to go with you…” I heard her quietly mumble.

I couldn’t help but smile at her persistence. In fact, I kind of enjoyed it…

“Well that’s too bad I guess.” I pushed further.

“Sica~ Please…” she was now begging, now sitting up and pouting at me.

I faced away to hide the smile on my face. I was far too entertained by this.

“Why do you want to go with me so bad huh? You like me or something?” I asked teasingly.

She silenced her pouts for a few moments and I turned back to her. Her face was solemn. She seemed to be in deep thought.

‘Could she be…’

She snapped up and glanced at me. “You got me.” She said in a sarcastic tone. Her lips now formed a playful grin.

‘She was just joking… why do I feel somewhat… disappointed?’

“Well, if that’s the case, you’re going to have to try harder. My heart is solid as ice.” I played along.

She smirked. “I think it’s already beginning to thaw.”

I froze a little at her statement.

“Whatever Choi Sooyoung.” I grumbled, trying to regain my pride as the ‘ice princess’ but clearly failed.  

She chuckled, the grin still on her face. “So anyways… are you really going by yourself?” she asked, changing subjects.

“Oh wait… I’m actually going with Tiffany.” I quickly concluded. I had just remembered telling her about it and she said she’d go with me.  

“Oh…” I could hear a sigh and move away from me towards her bed. I glanced over at her and she just lay facing up on her bed.

‘What’s gotten into her?’

I felt a little guilty for the harsh rejection. “We could go together I guess…” 

Her face seemed to brighten a little, much to my relief. “Okay!” she smiled.

I simply shook my head and the ringer of my phone went off.

“Hello?” I answered it.

“Hey Jess! Want to come with me to the mall today? I want to find something to wear to the festival.” She beamed.

I stifled a laugh. “Really Tiff? We just went shopping a few days ago…”

“I know, I know… but now that we’re going to the festival together, I wanted to wear something especially nice!” she explained brightly.

“Oh? Is this a date or something? Why do you need to dress nice?” I teased over the phone.

I could hear her giggle. “Of course it is, and if you want a hot date, then we need to go shopping!” she said with a tone of sarcasm.

“Okay, okay, I’ll meet you there then.” I finally agreed and she squealed so loud, I had pull the phone from my ear.

 “Thanks Jess! I’ll meet you soon~” With that, she ended the call.

I set down my phone. I always felt so casual with Tiffany and didn’t mind joking with her.

I was so immersed in the call; I hadn’t noticed that Sooyoung was no longer in the room.

‘Where did she go?’ I wondered, but just shrugged my shoulders and got ready to meet Tiffany at the mall.

 

======Mall=======

Tiffany was already waiting for me at the entrance, and instantly hooked her arm around mine when I neared.

“Ready to shop?” she asked with a wide grin.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I guess so—“

“Great!” she hopped towards the doors, pulling me along.

‘She must be in a really good mood’ I thought with a small smile.

-----

“What do you think about these?” she asked me, holding up a light pink, strapless summer dress and another one with a slightly different design and colour.

“They’re nice, but don’t you think it’s a little much?” I asked, raising my brow.

“Don’t be silly… this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity here!” she replied seriously.

I laughed lightly. “Once in a lifetime? I wouldn’t really say that…”

gaped open. “Seriously? You going to a festival or any social event for that matter is like a hail storm in the desert!”

I laughed at her oddly accurate analogy. “I suppose… but I’m going to feel really underdressed if you wear those.”

“They’re so cute though! Why don’t you wear one then?” she asked, holding one of them up to me

“Are you kidding? I don’t wear that stuff…” I mumbled.

She pouted. “But Jess~”

I put my palms over my ears. “Aish, just get what you want… but I’m still not wearing it!” 

She frowned and set them back on the rack, opting for a more simple dress, but still flattering.

We rang it through the cashier and Tiffany was seemingly satisfied.

“Is there anything else you wanted to get?” I asked and she thought for a moment.

“There is a new smoothie bar that just opened up that I wanted to try.” 

I nodded and we ordered our smoothies. I got strawberry-banana, while Tiffany got mango-peach. We sat down at a nearby bench and watched the people walk by.

“So Jess, I was curious… what made you want to come to the festival all of a sudden?” she asked with curious eyes.

“Uh…” I hadn’t told her about the deal, nor did I really want to. “Just a change in heart I guess…”

“Oh, well I’m glad you decided to go! It’s going to be fun!” she eye-smiled.

I suddenly remembered my invitation for Sooyoung to tag along. I hoped it was okay. I mean, why wouldn’t it be?

“Oh yeah… Sooyoung wanted to tag along with us.” I told her.

Her smile instantly faltered.

“Is that okay?” I asked a little unsure if it was a good idea.

“O-of course! I mean, w-why not?” she half-smiled and went back to drinking her smoothie.

“You sure?” I asked a little taken back by her change in mood.

She nodded and smiled. “The more the merrier right?” she said, back to her hearty mood.

“Yeah…” I took a sip from my smoothie.

Why did I suddenly feel a little uneasy about this? 


 

Comments? :) 

Kind of a lame chapter I apologize... I just felt that it was LOOONG overdue...

Not to mention that after watching Snsd's "Paparazzi" a billion times, I was in a really good mood and decided to update :) 

Thanks for waiting~! You all deserve a round of applause!  I'll try to update again soon. 

Also, If you're bored, I also posted new fics: 

The Light in the Dark    &    Scarlet Flowers  (Which I'll update in the near future) 

~Rainey 

PS: If anyone is interested in making a poster for this story, that would be awesome! It doesn't have to be super fancy or anything, I just don't have time to make one myself D:  

Okay I'm done, I'll stop rambling now! 

:D